Marvel's Predator confirmed, launches in June

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 18, 2021, 06:30:03 PM

Author
Marvel's Predator confirmed, launches in June (Read 34,495 times)

Voodoo Magic

I suspect once this inevitable Marvel vs Alien vs Predator event happens, at least Theta will be there to explain to some Marvel characters what exactly they are up against.

And speaking of Theta...

"Hunt. Kill. Repeat. In the near future, a young girl sees her family slaughtered by the deadliest and most feared hunter in the universe: a PREDATOR," reads Marvel's description of Predator #1. "Years later, though her ship is barely holding together and food is running short, Theta won't stop stalking the spaceways until the Yautja monster who killed her family is dead...or she is."

The end of that blurb seems to depict Theta as going full Captain Ahab, which is something I definitely dig. 👍

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 19, 2021, 02:41:56 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 19, 2021, 01:38:09 PM
List of Pred stories that take place in the future:

Xenogenesis
Concrete Jungle
Forever Midnight
Flesh and Blood
Devil Dogs
Last Report From the KSS Psychopomp
Indigenous Species
Gameworld

We also have 2 near future stories with Hunting Grounds (2025) and Drug War (2022).

Predator Incursion too. (Even though the whole trilogy sums up to be AvP.)

And Xenogenesis I'd like to forget.  :laugh:
Xenogenesis is the only AvP comic I have in hand lol

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 25, 2021, 10:11:58 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 19, 2021, 02:41:56 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 19, 2021, 01:38:09 PM
List of Pred stories that take place in the future:

Xenogenesis
Concrete Jungle
Forever Midnight
Flesh and Blood
Devil Dogs
Last Report From the KSS Psychopomp
Indigenous Species
Gameworld

We also have 2 near future stories with Hunting Grounds (2025) and Drug War (2022).

Predator Incursion too. (Even though the whole trilogy sums up to be AvP.)

And Xenogenesis I'd like to forget.  :laugh:
Xenogenesis is the only AvP comic I have in hand lol

Oops!  lol  Did you like that one?

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 26, 2021, 02:12:05 AM
Oops!  lol  Did you like that one?
It has everything I hate lmao, crabators, aliens being bugs and non bio-mechanical, predators getting spin kicked in the face, and the cover art even has the Pred with a pig/dog like nose!

Local Trouble

Will Salvador Larroca get a chance to trace some crabators at some point?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 26, 2021, 03:09:14 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 26, 2021, 02:12:05 AM
Oops!  lol  Did you like that one?
It has everything I hate lmao, crabators, aliens being bugs and non bio-mechanical, predators getting spin kicked in the face, and the cover art even has the Pred with a pig/dog like nose!
https://i.imgur.com/2EWzNPi.pngi

"predators getting spin kicked in the face"

:laugh:

Then we need to expand your AvP collection my friend!  A lot of people are critical of Aliens vs. Predator: Deadliest of the Species, but I think even they would suggest it's an upgrade from Xenogenesis!   ;D

Wysps

I'm a big fan of DOS, so no basis for comparison there for me  ;)

But Xenogenesis is just astoundingly awful, by all accounts.  I mean, my god.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Mar 27, 2021, 12:19:28 AM
I'm a big fan of DOS, so no basis for comparison there for me  ;)


426Buddy

I missed out on DOTS when I was a kid, I always remember seeing those covers though and having my imagination set on fire 😍

When I started collecting again as an adult DOTS was one of the first I sought out. All I can say is that I've only read it once and even that was a struggle. It's rock bottom for me lol.

I had stopped collecting by the time the Xenogenesis crossover happened. I do remember flipping through one of the issues at a store around the time it was released. I remember thinking "At least I'm not missing anything." :laugh: I have collected and read it and I find it super dull and generic but not especially deserving of hate. Still I've only ever read it once lol.

GoroPredator

Hope its good but I'll wait to hear reviews before I consider picking it up. I dropped Marvel comics years ago after they were hijacked by a bunch of  lunatics. This could pull me back, just for the Alien and Predator stuff, it all depends on the writer.

Voodoo Magic

Brisson has been nominated several times for a Joe Shuster Award, so he doesn't seem too shabby!  :)

Voodoo Magic

A Predator variant cover for Thor #15 coming 6/23/2021. And "There's something in those trees" is an understatement here.  :)



Add that to the six we knew so far:








PAS Spinelli

oof, the traced toys in that Thor one

Local Trouble

Why can't they ever draw Predators with their mouths closed and their mandibles in the X formation?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Apr 01, 2021, 04:20:56 PM
oof, the traced toys in that Thor one

Hmm. Traced or referenced? Give us some images if traced. If referenced, then it is what it is. So many artists reference all sorts of things these days, from humans, to vehicles, to toys, to animals, to guns and to landscapes. :)

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 01, 2021, 04:26:09 PM
Why can't they ever draw Predators with their mouths closed and their mandibles in the X formation?

I wonder precisely the same thing my friend. Like a Xeno not baring its teeth, it is such a rare thing to find in art.  :-\

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed