New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox

Started by Whos_Nick, Jul 27, 2021, 09:55:20 PM

Author
New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox (Read 25,683 times)

Kradan

Kradan

I think it's good. But that Voodoo guy talks so much about their skin wrinkling and bending. Maybe we can do something about that next time ?

Master

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 15, 2021, 08:38:15 AM
To tell them their work is terrible ? They would fire you on the spot

Nope. To make their work better in the future.

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 15, 2021, 12:50:21 PM

Okay, let's role-play.  :)

You want to work in practical fx, you believe in yourself and your ability, and Alec invites you in for an interview. 

During the interview, he puts the below gif on a screen and says.... "Kradan, what are your honest thoughts regarding this work? Bad or good, I want to know how you feel about it and what would you do differently if anything." How do you answer?

https://i.ibb.co/hy7JxHF/20210318-195010.gif

I'd say he's had one too many face babies.

[cancerblack]

You want to work in practical fx, you believe in yourself and your ability, and Alec invites you in for an interview. 

During the interview, he puts the below gif on a screen and says.... "Kradan, what are your honest thoughts regarding this work? Bad or good, I want to know how you feel about it and what would you do differently if anything." How do you answer?

"I have to be blunt, Alec. It's not good. I'm not going to blame you guys for what Anderson wanted with the eyes but you CAN'T be happy with that mouth meat."

BlueMarsalis79

It's awful. Doesn't hold a candle to your guys work on Aliens or Alien³ I know you can do better.

SiL

"I thought it was a mistake to try to make the Predator handsome. If possible, I'd try to limit the range of motion in the mandibles to prevent the skin over-stretching, or design two heads - one for closed to partially opened, one for opened to fully wide."

The Shuriken

I would say:

"Its not you fault that Paul Anderson wanted the Predators to look friendly and heroic. From that point any design was doomed to fail. Cute eyes and a horrific looking monstrous mouth are mutually exclusive. However I also feel the mouth was a little exaggerated in its proportions. The skin flaps are wrinkling too much. You have more animatronic movement in the mouth, which is impressive. But I think what should matter most is the form. If movement has to be sacrificed in order to just look good, that's what we should shoot for."

YOUNGBLOOD90

Personally I really hope the look of the predator is similar to the predators in predator 2. That whole worn out copper armour that's battle damaged and been through the ages is where it should be at. I don't want this over the top squeaky clean tech on a predator either. It should look retro like they have been using it for hundreds of years. Also i want to see this predator wearing trophies. Let's just get back to basics guys, P1 and P2 laid the framework down on how all predators should look going forward, just respect Stans work, it's not difficult.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: YOUNGBLOOD90 on Aug 17, 2021, 03:02:39 PM
Personally I really hope the look of the predator is similar to the predators in predator 2. That whole worn out copper armour that's battle damaged and been through the ages is where it should be at. I don't want this over the top squeaky clean tech on a predator either. It should look retro like they have been using it for hundreds of years. Also i want to see this predator wearing trophies. Let's just get back to basics guys, P1 and P2 laid the framework down on how all predators should look going forward, just respect Stans work, it's not difficult.

Highland

I think the Teeth and eye's add to the party, but if you put the AVP teeth and eyes on the original Predator it would still look good imo ( or at least not as bad).

The flappy mouth and the armor bother me much more. I like the Hero head idea. It can be done!

Voodoo Magic

Oy vey, just the gigantic mouth openings alone.

We go from these open mouths....

..to Crabators that can swallow watermelons whole. :-\

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 19, 2021, 12:56:17 PM
..to Crabators that can swallow watermelons whole. :-\

Maybe it's somewhat useful on their planet  ;D

Voodoo Magic

YOUNGBLOOD90

@voodoo Magic, I'm glad someone agrees lol. Also those photos you shown really show how awful the later faces are. They look like knockoff Halloween masks in comparison to jungle hunter and city hunter. It's 2021 for Christ sake. Amalgamated Dynamics just seem to me to either be making these suits as cheap as possible, or frankly the talent just isn't as good as Stan Winston studios was. They keep reusing parts etc, rather than making something new.

I just can't for the life of me figure how they keep getting the contract, when predator fans reception to their creations has largely been negative. Which imho effects the film drastically when the very creatures we love, look so unbelievably fake.

Kradan

Quote from: YOUNGBLOOD90 on Aug 19, 2021, 03:18:13 PM
I just can't for the life of me figure how they keep getting the contract, when predator fans reception to their creations has largely been negative. Which imho effects the film drastically when the very creatures we love, look so unbelievably fake.

It's all Kradarkdan magic, man, I'm telling ya

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed