New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 114,809 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Dec 03, 2020, 11:24:29 AM
All good points BDJ and they can make wonderfull things with wildlife in such setting.

Oh yeah ! Bears and wolves among other things, fits perfectly in a predator movie, I would love to see that !

Lefty

I'm mostly excited about the potential location. Open plains and some really unique, beautiful rocky formations would be a fresh setting for predator, if that's where this ends up going. The openness would definitely come with its own sense of vulnerability, different from a dense jungle or chaotic city.

KiramidHead

Could we maybe see a Predator on horseback?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 03, 2020, 07:43:37 PM
Could we maybe see a Predator on horseback?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Please god no more silly and weird stuff like in the last movie ! Not in this one please ! No preds on horses, no preds with feathers lol.

Kailem

Only if it's an Alien horse! :laugh:

Gr33n M4n

Voodoo Magic

And this took a turn!  :D

overthere

I like the opportunity to portray Predator as "demon who makes trophies of men" in the pre-scientific history. When King Willie talks about Predator as a ghost or other-wordly creature, it adds a cool, mystical element to him. I would be happy if the natives never realize the alien aspect and just put him in the spiritual/demon prism.

Space_Dementia

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 03, 2020, 10:31:17 AM
Everyone wants something a little different than the original formula without betraying the spirit, it's a normal thing when expecting a new movie.

I'd like to see the return of more horror/tension like probably all of us here, keep the gore but not in a cartoonish way like the last movie, way less humor (not zero though), and maybe a more mystical approach of what the predator is for the protagonists, through their culture and beliefs.

Seems like the perfect setting for that IMO.

I'm so excited for this!! I really enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane so there is hope... after the crushing disappointment that was The Predator, its all one can do. But I also agree with you, this is what I'd like to see with the new movie, the horror, tension and suspense is something I'm craving for with the Predator movies. I'm loving the sound of the possible direction, its a direction I've wanted from the franchise since the elder gave Harrigan the Flintlock in Predator 2.

skhellter

actually very raw, ngl.

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: overthere on Dec 03, 2020, 10:40:28 PM
I like the opportunity to portray Predator as "demon who makes trophies of men" in the pre-scientific history. When King Willie talks about Predator as a ghost or other-wordly creature, it adds a cool, mystical element to him. I would be happy if the natives never realize the alien aspect and just put him in the spiritual/demon prism.

That's a good idea.

Highland

Quote from: overthere on Dec 03, 2020, 10:40:28 PM

Yeah this is cool. It may also be the ritual or the passing for the natives. Maybe this is some kind of long term rite of passage.

That would also tie in nicely with the early concept that the Predators were based on the Maasai. There's a lot of potential.

Mr.Turok

Well this movie won't have horses for either side. One, Preds riding alien horses rides in the same vein assclownery as the hounds from the last movie. Just a green alien horse with dreadlocks. You want that in the film? The previous hound design before that looked more viscous and alien, but they decided to go with the green pitbull dog thing with dreadlocks instead. I don't trust any alien equivalent companions after that. Left a sour taste in my mouth.

Two, horses went extinct in the Americas thousands of years ago. It was only the arrival of Europeans with their horses that the population was reintroduced to American soil. Since this movie takes place pre-colonialism, we won't see Comaches riding them.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 04, 2020, 05:19:30 AM
Two, horses went extinct in the Americas thousands of years ago. It was only the arrival of Europeans with their horses that the population was reintroduced to American soil. Since this movie takes place pre-colonialism, we won't see Comaches riding them.

We talked about this on our next podcast. The Comanche actually existed until around the 19th century, and their entire culture was actually driven by the trade of horses, so I don't think it's unreasonable that by pre-Colonisation, it might mean prior to the Comanche actually being f**ked over which could extend into the 19th century.

BigDaddyJohn

I was thinking about a pred on a earth horse... No please no get that image out of my head  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed