All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,837,540 times)

Gazz

Gazz

Still crazy just how much they f**ked up Kenobi - the only sure-fire Star Wars property everybody wanted to see a film of.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Mar 29, 2023, 12:28:18 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 29, 2023, 02:20:59 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-LIViePlGY
I find this super disrespectful to the original creators  but it is cool

Maybe they should be disrespected.

Prez

Prez

Kenobi was very average and as other's have said harder to mess up than get right.
Andor restored a lot of (new) hope.

Mando last night was very good.
Spoiler
Nice cameo from Zeb too!
[close]

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Kenobi had it's moments for me, but still felt pretty disappointing. I'm also in the camp of thinking it should have been a movie. 

Quote from: Prez on Mar 29, 2023, 10:23:01 PMAndor restored a lot of (new) hope.

Andor is the only thing right now that keeps me from being a complete Star Wars doomer and gives me hope for legitimate quality in the future.

Watched it recently and was extremely impressed.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Mandalorian's an absolute mess, still alright but could be, and should be much better.

Much preferred Bad Batch.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 29, 2023, 10:50:42 PMThe Mandalorian's an absolute mess, still alright but could be, and should be much better.

Correct.

Prez

Prez

Bad Batch has been generally very good bar one or two filler episodes (the recent Tsunami one in particular was pure filler).

T Dog

T Dog

Is Mandalorian the plural of Mandalorian? So therefore calling the show The Mandalorian and focusing on multiple Mandalorian makes sense?

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: T Dog on Mar 30, 2023, 09:03:23 AMIs Mandalorian the plural of Mandalorian? So therefore calling the show The Mandalorian and focusing on multiple Mandalorian makes sense?

The plural is Mandalorians

Kradan

Kradan

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

@Local Trouble SE Update  He released book II yesterday in black & White detailing Ahrul& Q9's journey into otherspace. We got our first major tie in section (this time to E.T ) . The other tie ins were minor just explaining how willow's Fata (fairies) are Simlar to a few other species of Skyriver (GFFA) including the Firefolk aka Wisties of Endor And how Willow's planet is not like Mortis or the other hidden worlds .

these are the passages 
"In the anticipated outcome of this forfeiture, the Indur people diminished and be- came "Fire Sprites," known better as the Firefolk or Wisties, an ancient word that meant "wise ones." To the eyes of those fortunate enough to see these delicate beings, they appeared akin to Agee fairies, Luciole of Tarnar, Fāta of Andowyne, and Fiery Ones of Kathol."

"The Otherworlds also include Aenir, created by another of the Architects, Oneirichor, and Frivoli, which are connected. Then there are the Hidden Worlds of Vitæ, Mortis, Corundum, and Katurrah. These should not be conflated with the Sacred Worlds of Isorropía, Angorathea, Ravaath, and Andowyne. "

Here is the excerpt of the Tie In .

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/706293514551558275/1091859452220678287/Screen_Shot_2023-04-01_at_6.16.51_PM.png

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 29, 2023, 10:50:42 PMThe Mandalorian's an absolute mess, still alright but could be, and should be much better.

Yeah, the show is a chimera rightnow and chapter 5 is kinda messy. I mean between the childish pirate thing, the Andoresque subplot and the whole Mando civilization drama...it all felt like three separate shows!😅for three different audiences.

I'm also starting to empathize with the comparisons to video games...cos it looks like a video game!!! almost like if someone adapt your quests from some MMORPG..😅

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 02, 2023, 01:17:50 PM

Yeah, the show is a chimera rightnow and chapter 5 is kinda messy. I mean between the childish pirate thing, the Andoresque subplot and the whole Mando civilization drama...it all felt like three separate shows!😅for three different audiences.

I'm also starting to empathize with the comparisons to video games...cos it looks like a video game!!! almost like if someone adapt your quests from some MMORPG..😅

Hogwart's Legacy reinvigorated my want of an open world Star Wars game that has that level of love and detail put into it. Grounding it around a Bounty Hunter/Mercenary character would be perfect because you can just about do anything mission/story wise. They just need to set it on a planet that has a variety of weather environments and not do the Star Wars thing of "this is the Ice Planet, this is the Desert PLanet".

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: T Dog on Apr 02, 2023, 02:00:15 PMThey just need to set it on a planet that has a variety of weather environments and not do the Star Wars thing of "this is the Ice Planet, this is the Desert PLanet".

Combine several Star Wars planets into one!😅

But seriously, it's a good idea for a proper open world game. It is not necessary to travel through space (even if it is Star Wars). They just need to make the world interesting enough.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I prefer hub based role playing, I hope the KOTOR Remake does not go open world for this very reason, I always much prefer hand crafted areas with everything worth a damn close by- do not waste my time with empty exploration.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed