Focus Home Interactive to Publish Aliens: Fireteam in Asia and Europe

Started by molasar, Jun 03, 2021, 07:16:15 PM

Author
Focus Home Interactive to Publish Aliens: Fireteam in Asia and Europe (Read 2,862 times)

molasar

Focus Home Interactive teams up with Cold Iron Studios and 20th Century to bring Aliens: Fireteam to fans across Europe and a number of Asia/Pacific territories.

https://www.focus-home.com/en-us/news/focus-home-interactive-sassocie-avec-les-studios-cold-iron-et-20th-century-pour-la-sortie-prochaine-daliens-fireteam-en-europe-et-plusieurs-territoires-en-asie

SuperiorIronman

Is Fireteam even getting a physical release? They would need a month at least to get the discs going and I can't recall hearing them saying the title went gold, just that it's in Alpha at least as of IGN getting a look at it though they might've said they're in Beta. Still it doesn't look good seeing as we don't even have a release date nor a way to pre order. It basically doesn't exist.

molasar

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 03, 2021, 10:15:31 PM
Is Fireteam even getting a physical release? They would need a month at least to get the discs going and I can't recall hearing them saying the title went gold, just that it's in Alpha at least as of IGN getting a look at it though they might've said they're in Beta. Still it doesn't look good seeing as we don't even have a release date nor a way to pre order. It basically doesn't exist.

Yes, it seems so if they teamed up with a publisher. Also let's not forget that a planned release window-the summer ends Sep 22. So there is plenty of time to announce a release date.
In regards to Alpha/Beta names I personally prefer a term WIP (work in progress).

SuperiorIronman

Well I remember where I know Focus Home Interactive from now so that's a bummer. I doubt it'll have the same controversy with Alien but yeesh. I'm not sure I'd want them near a project but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 03, 2021, 11:48:53 PM
Well I remember where I know Focus Home Interactive from now so that's a bummer. I doubt it'll have the same controversy with Alien but yeesh. I'm not sure I'd want them near a project but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Came here to say this. They don't have an exemplary record. I assume they wouldn't be insane enough to try and pull anything on Disney though, so let's hope this release goes smoothly.

On a lighter note, I assume having this deal in place brings them significantly closer to having a locked-in release date.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Curious what you two are referring to but this appears to only be a distribution deal for international markets. I doubt Focus will have much control over anything with the game itself.

EDIT: Looked it up. I assume you mean the delisting stuff and IP battles? Yeah that is worrisome some of their legal fights with smaller indie devs. But they've also published some pretty acclaimed and bigger titles like World War Z and A Plague Tale: Innocence. Those sorts of battles are more common with smaller dev studios. I doubt Focus would want to get themselves engaged in any lawsuits with Disney, or that Disney would have a contract with them that isn't ironclad.

The Necronoir

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 04, 2021, 05:10:24 AM
Curious what you two are referring to but this appears to only be a distribution deal for international markets. I doubt Focus will have much control over anything with the game itself.

EDIT: Looked it up. I assume you mean the delisting stuff and IP battles? Yeah that is worrisome some of their legal fights with smaller indie devs. But they've also published some pretty acclaimed and bigger titles like World War Z and A Plague Tale: Innocence. Those sorts of battles are more common with smaller dev studios. I doubt Focus would want to get themselves engaged in any lawsuits with Disney, or that Disney would have a contract with them that isn't ironclad.

Yeah, that's my thinking. I came to know of it through their falling out with Frogwares over the Sherlock Holmes titles, but there are other cases that have followed a similar pattern. That said, Frogwares is currently locked into an even bigger struggle with their next publisher, so maybe they're just none-too-savvy when it comes to stipulating legal terms.

I doubt it's going to affect Aliens: Fireteam, but I also don't like a portion of my dollars going to shady organisations like that.

Yeah, I know, Disney...

426Buddy

I want to believe this game is going to be decent at the least...  but I have funny gut feeling about this one.

I hope it's a fun time and that I can enjoy playing coop with my brothers , that's all I'm hoping for really

Heavy drinker

Fire team will be garbage like predator. For god sake save your money. :P

molasar

Quote from: Heavy drinker on Jun 07, 2021, 11:57:39 AM
Fire team will be garbage like predator. For god sake save your money. :P

No, thanks. I won't follow your advice because it is unsubstantiated.

Vrastal

It looks to be what it is, an objective based wave shooter.if thats not what you want dont get it, i think ill enjoy it. so ill get it.

Richman678

10 bucks says it's delayed. This is fine with me anyways. I prefer my games polished and not rushed.

molasar

Quote from: Richman678 on Jun 08, 2021, 12:41:23 PM
10 bucks says it's delayed. This is fine with me anyways. I prefer my games polished and not rushed.

Who is "10 bucks"?

acrediblesource

A polished multiplayer only game? Is that even possible for a franchise? BTW, 10 Bucks told me to he wants his 10 bucks back.

SuperiorIronman

We don't even have a release date. It basically doesn't exist since it's not even a tangible product to pre-order yet.

I'm not expecting it to be like Cyberpunk though I am expecting it to be like Predator with various game crashes and poor A.I, especially the bad A.I

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed