Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 89,542 times)

Corporal Hicks

Merged with existing trailer thread. Pretty sure these have been picked up on before.

Pvt. Himmel

I'm getting a sort of old world style greek/roman design with that city.

Ingwar

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 23, 2017, 12:48:31 PM
I'm getting a sort of old world style greek/roman design with that city.

Yeah.

Corporal Hicks

Aye, definitely seems to be coming across quite Roman, especially with the citadel. I wonder how intentional that was.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 24, 2017, 08:54:36 AM
Aye, definitely seems to be coming across quite Roman, especially with the citadel. I wonder how intentional that was.

Very much intentionaly in my opinion. As above so below, or as below so above. I think that Ridley
want to make a comparison of human fall showing us the fall of our superiors, a race that predate humans.
Thats what Milton kidna did with his Satan and his host of fallen angels. Remember what Ridley spoke about Romans
discussing the meaning of Prometheus.
Engineer city and the shrine is  in a way influenced by some of Bocklin's paintings. He liked to use cypresses in his paintings and there are a lot of cypresses around the Engineer city. A lot of Roman pillars, central building is of course some sort of Pantheon (very simillar to Roman Pantheon with a golden cupola around the oculus; a lot of symbolism only in that). The architecture of the city is in a way an amalgamation of Roman, Greek and Mesopotamian influences.

There is maybe the inluence of artis Thomas Cole, especially his  Course of Empire series.

The Consummation of Empire. Oil on canvas, 1836, 51 × 76 in.

Desolation. Oil on canvas, 1836, 39 ½ × 63 ½ in

Regarding the great shrine or cathedral as Wayne called that building, it also
reminded me of Buddhist complex Sanchi. The Great Stupa at Sanchi is the oldest stone structure in India.
Indian and ancient Indian (Aryan) influences are still strong. I will remind you that they used Proto-Indo-European
language and Sanskrit to create Engineer language. PIE is the common ancestry of Sanskrit, Latin, and Greek.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanchi

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed