Boyd Holbrook on The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 04, 2020, 05:43:25 AM

Author
Boyd Holbrook on The Predator (Read 4,107 times)

Corporal Hicks

Not really much, since it seems he didn't want to talk about it but ...

Quote Through no fault of your own, The Predator didn't go as everyone had planned, but looking back, was it one of those classic Hollywood examples of too many cooks in the kitchen?

I just think the first one [Predator] caught lightning in a bottle. And with people wanting to do more, maybe you should just let a sleeping dog lie, sometimes. That was a big takeaway for me.

Also, not TP related, but Predator related...

Quote Since I always look for connections between cast and crew, did you and your director, Stephen Hopkins, trade Predator war stories on set? (Writer's note: Hopkins directed Predator 2.)

(Laughs.) Absolutely! Yes, we did. Stephen's got a great sense of humor about him, and he's a really playful guy. And he's a great director, and his sense of humor makes him a great director. Yeah, we definitely shared our Predator dancing. He made this dancing video with Danny Glover and all those Predators on Predator 2. It was for the NBA or something odd. But yeah, everyone is always trying to catch that initial lightning in a bottle on the first film. [Writer's note: Some of the costumed Predators in Predator 2, as well as the behind-the-scenes dance party video, were players from the Los Angeles Lakers.]

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fugitive-why-boyd-holbrook-was-prepared-say-no-1305702

Thanks to Whos_Nick for the link.

Kradan

Kradan

*mumbling through closed in anger teeth*

f**king McKenna pissing on my favourite movie

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 04, 2020, 08:08:24 AM

Pissing on your favourite movie? Where?

Kradan

Kradan

I'm never good handling irony

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 04, 2020, 08:21:52 AM
I'm never good handling irony
Irony? What? I'm so confused  ???

Kradan

Kradan

QuoteI just think the first one [Predator] caught lightning in a bottle. And with people wanting to do more, maybe you should just let a sleeping dog lie, sometimes. That was a big takeaway for me.

I understood that as him saying that it would've been better if The Predator hadn't been made. It is kinda pissing on the movie, isn't it ?

And this is where irony comes in. As I've said, I'm bad in handling it. But I keep trying nonetheless

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 04, 2020, 07:08:08 PM
QuoteI just think the first one [Predator] caught lightning in a bottle. And with people wanting to do more, maybe you should just let a sleeping dog lie, sometimes. That was a big takeaway for me.

I understood that as him saying that it would've been better if The Predator hadn't been made. It is kinda pissing on the movie, isn't it ?

And this is where irony comes in. As I've said, I'm bad in handling it. But I keep trying nonetheless
A-ha! Got it!  ;D

Master

Master

I understand the guy. The movie was misunderstanding and  his character was the most annoying in front of otherwise quite likeable crew.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 04, 2020, 09:13:24 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 04, 2020, 07:08:08 PM

A-ha! Got it!  ;D

PredBabe

PredBabe

It seems his feelings are still pretty raw, which is understandable considering the issues surrounding the movie before it even released and then the final, chopped up and convoluted product we ended up with.

As far as sci-fi films go, I suppose I can agree that the first film would seem like "lightning in a bottle". But it's also obvious that Predator could have easily gone the other way if not for the competence of the director who took a somewhat grounded approach to a story that pushes the limits of realism. Plus the decision to redesign the creature helped make it all the more memorable and stand out among other sci-fi films.

The Predator had a lot of potential for being a better received entry had they refocused certain characters and story elements. They should have gone with the Bad Blood story line, rather than the genetically modified 10 foot Predator who ultimately seeks out a child with Asperger's. 

Kradan

Kradan

:-\

SuperiorIronman

I'm still pretty forgiving on The Predator. Practically everybody got a raw deal on that production it seems. Really they should've just left the movie to be released as is since what we got wasn't any better, it's not like they knew they'd been making anymore given the Disney talks, and it just seems the suits either didn't know and or didn't care about it so why bother?

It really is a shame the film turned out the way it did but I'm confident the franchise is in better hands now. I mean if Fox just didn't care anymore and Disney does than sure, I'll take it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 04, 2020, 05:43:25 AM
Not really much, since it seems he didn't want to talk about it but ...

Quote Through no fault of your own, The Predator didn't go as everyone had planned, but looking back, was it one of those classic Hollywood examples of too many cooks in the kitchen?

I just think the first one [Predator] caught lightning in a bottle. And with people wanting to do more, maybe you should just let a sleeping dog lie, sometimes. That was a big takeaway for me.

That lightning was successfully recaptured one or two other times Boyd.

But it's not his fault the script came off like it was written by a 6 year old.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 04, 2020, 10:34:39 PM
The Predator had a lot of potential for being a better received entry had they refocused certain characters and story elements. They should have gone with the Bad Blood story line, rather than the genetically modified 10 foot Predator who ultimately seeks out a child with Asperger's.

Absolutely agreed. 

Honestly,  I didn't mind The Predator so much, outside of a few questionable moments.  Why mix with human DNA if we are a lesser species, why not use a bad blood story line, or the ending.  The ending - still SMH. 

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 05, 2020, 12:26:04 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 04, 2020, 10:34:39 PM

Absolutely agreed. 

Honestly,  I didn't mind The Predator so much, outside of a few questionable moments.  Why mix with human DNA if we are a lesser species, why not use a bad blood story line, or the ending.  The ending - still SMH.
Pending merger with Disney. Disney own Marvel. marvel has Iron Man. Iron Predator seems the only logical course of action. Isn't it obvious?  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed