Dream Director for a Predator film

Started by germanator2, Feb 14, 2020, 01:19:35 PM

Author
Dream Director for a Predator film (Read 13,768 times)

germanator2

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 20, 2020, 01:49:17 AM
If there is anyone who can fulfill the dream, it is Mr. John Carpenter. because:1. he directed The Thing,inwhich produced a magnificent sequel that aligned with the original. 2.The thing being the most notable sci-fi movie of all time.
He should have the opportunity to direct a prequel film to Predator in which we see the direct, followup to the original film.
It would be  a perfect send off to both the director and to the franchise.

He's actually a dream director I wanted to see team up with Cameron and do a Terminator film because Cameron admitted he was influenced by Halloween when he made the first Terminator. Carpenter can bring the horror and action into one. I could get behind him doing a Predator film

razeak

razeak

Me. I'll Google how to make a movie after I get the job haha

Jigsaw85

After seeing 13 hours, I actually wouldn't mind having Michael Bay make a Predator movie. Just a bare bones predator movie with just a group of humans fighting against one predator. A movie that doesn't delve into predator lore (since every time a movie tries that, fans hate it) There's more tension and suspense in 13 hours than there is in most horror movies I've seen in the past few years.

Huggs

Huggs

But what about copious amounts of linkin park and over-tanned miami booty?

RidleyScott99

Zack Snyder. Michael Bay is a close second.

Or Ridley Scott but in one of his famous Epics. Gladiator versus Predator.

Gr33n M4n

It would have to be a director who's young or at least enthusiastic. Neill Blomkamp and Guillermo del Toro are the only two that pop into mind.

The Old One

The Old One

Years ago I'd say not Ridley Scott but Tony Scott.

SM

SM

Jeunet.

Corporal Hicks

How about Chad Stahelski?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2020, 08:32:20 AM

Hmm. Stroke of genius or colossal mistake? Chad directs gun-fu John Wick action well, but can he handle less frenetic action mixed with horror and suspense?

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 13, 2020, 03:26:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2020, 08:32:20 AM

Hmm. Stroke of genius or colossal mistake? Chad directs gun-fu John Wick action well, but can he handle less frenetic action mixed with horror and suspense?

Chad reminds me of John Woo. Actually, the John Wick Trilogy reminds me of John Woo and his movies.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: razeak on Mar 08, 2020, 10:20:20 PM
Me. I'll Google how to make a movie after I get the job haha

:D

SiL

SiL

I know it's been a long time since Dog Soldiers but I'd still be down for Neil Marshall on a Predator movie.

nicky

nicky

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 17, 2020, 09:25:14 PMForget the A-listers, nobody will want to touch this franchise.
I would vote for Neil Marshall.

True. No A-lister wants "sloppy seconds" over a franchise someone else already made their name on.

But I'd hate Neil Marshall (or ANY fanboy-type eg. Blompkamp or Paul W.S. Anderson) to be involved too. They may love and respect the franchise but their love overshadows their seriousness as filmmakers IMO. Get someone who actually has GROWN-UP TALENT and who will treat it like a REAL feature film and not a silly little fanboy. And for God's sake, get Jim & Thomas back to write it.[/size]

Nightmare Asylum

Its funny; if I were to pick the names of any currently working directors who would be a good fit for a Predator movie, the two that come to mind would be Robert Rodriguez and Shane Black. :D

Predators was ok, but overall really didn't leave any impression on me (I thought the first half was pretty solid, but found that it really lost steam in the second half–also, I know Rodriguez didn't personally direct the film but we was pulling a lot of the strings) and I flat out hated The Predator.

It'll never happen but... a Paul Verhoeven/Ed Neumeier Predator movie playing up the over the top voiolence and leaning into the satirical elements of Robocop and Starship Troopers would very much be my jam.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed