The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 73,321 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

All the themes used in star wars were used to create a battle of good vs evil. There was no deeper thought given to it back then. However the Prequels were ripe with current political themes. Emperor Palpatine's "My resolve has never been stronger" is the most on the nose in all of star wars. Lucas was essentially equating George W. Bush with Emperor Palpatine. But hell that was to be expected considering that the entire trilogy revolved around a Senate. TFA wasn't any thing special unless it's progressive outlook is something one disagrees with. TLJ shoehorned it in, which utterly whitewashes any meaning.

So what brought up this political stuff. OMFG don't tell me that The Predator is going to make an appearance on capital hill. Yea I can see that speech already...

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Sure I recognise people's right to opinions , but when the creator of Star Wars himself has been on record about where he got his inspirations from , it then becomes a matter of fact. He's the creator not us. So our opinions only go so far in the face of truth, we didn't create it Lucas did , and I'll take his word over where he got his ideas from then any fan who thinks different, also It wasn't just ww2 that influenced him , many things did.

Back to predator, I really hope a new predator game will get released in the future. It's like the holy grail to me.

I have this idea petr for a new predator game , what if they made a pubg styled predator game ? where say maybe 10 or so players are randomly selected to play as predator, and they have to hunt every other player on the map , the other players have to work together to survive and set traps etc..

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 09, 2018, 09:33:36 AM
Sure I recognise people's right to opinions , but when the creator of Star Wars himself has been on record about where he got his inspirations from , it then becomes a matter of fact. He's the creator not us. So our opinions only go so far in the face of truth, we didn't create it Lucas did , and I'll take his word over where he got his ideas from then any fan who thinks different, also It wasn't just ww2 that influenced him , many things did.

You said -

Quotemy original point is disney get a lot of unwarranted hate imo , at the end of the day they try to please , they regularly release films and spend a lot of resources to make it as good as possible, which is way more than can be said for 20th century fox .

That's what I was addressing in my response.

QuoteBack to predator, I really hope a new predator game will get released in the future. It's like the holy grail to me.

I have this idea petr for a new predator game , what if they made a pubg styled predator game ? where say maybe 10 or so players are randomly selected to play as predator, and they have to hunt every other player on the map , the other players have to work together to survive and set traps etc..

Sounds like it would tie into Predators pretty well. I could dig that quite easily. I love PUBG.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Sorry hicks just woke up and read what you meant wrong, my bad 🤗

Yeah i know right , predator unknown battle hunt, PUBH for short ... I think it would be awesome , isn't it nonsense how us fans can come up with all these really cool concepts and yet we never see them , such a shame, I was thinking you could have side missions in the match as predator where you have to find some of your technology and stop the humans from scavenging it , because if they get hold of it they become on equal footing ... there's loads you could add to a game like that , it's dying for someone to make a predator mod at the very least hicks  ;D

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

There is a new video from a guy called Mr. H, Im watching his content a lot, this is basically the video from him, where he is talking about everything in regards to the upcoming Predator movie from Shane Black. Video is full of his own personal opinions, however I higly agree with almost everything he said. Take a look - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCm74me_RVU&app=desktop

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Petr iv seen the very video you talking about bro , I also highly agree with him unfortunately.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

ELDERCLANLEADER & Corporal Hicks - I agree, right now Im playing the unfinished version of PUBG in my Xbox One X, its still not the final product. . they are still working on it, but I love that game from its very first moment. I love the realism behind it, that whole concept as same as the idea itself is very, very good. But, there are tons and tons of new upcoming games that are trying to be same as PUBG or even better, these new upcoming games are trying to copy the whole Battle Royale concept in a different or even the same way, and Im think that this is just nasty commercial behaviour, everyone are trying to copy the success of the PUBG, just because the money, cash. Dont get me wrong, I love PUBG (for example I hate the Fortnite) but, what exactly Im trying to say here is, that PUBG even as it is. . is still kind of a dull game, let me explain this. . everytime when Im on Xbox, I play a couple of games in PUBG, but after a while. . its little boring, sometimes you have a long, very funny match when you even end up in between the last 10 players, that is very exciting. But on the other hand. . sometimes, you fall on the ground and you're dead about less than 5 minutes. The problem is, that in this game. . there is no progress, yes you will got the BP points that you can use for buying new clothes for your character, thats sweet, but it is not the real progress that most of the games already have. So, after a while you realise that PUBG is an astonishing experience, but thats really all. There is nothing more behind it. In the Xbox version. . there will be Achievements (PC version already have it) thats nice, but more than that. . I love the progression, I love the option to upgrade or somehow evolve my character, and dont even forget about the story aspect as well, those are the different reasons that convince me to play other more complex games. So, the whole Battle Royale concept with combination of Predator could be unique and perfect experience. I image this in a similar way as in Robert Rodriguez Predators from 2010 huh, no surprise. . numerous players will fall into the jungle. . limited amount of them will be as Predators both Classic and Bad, and people will try to survive, not even against Predators but also against other humans, yes even the Classic Predators will be fighting against the Bad Predators, you will have various options to create traps (even by using the other humans or Predators as decoys) you will have options for creating weapons etc. This will be interesting. But as I said before, its just an empty multiplayer concept without any bigger context. So, I will rather prefer a game like GTA or Warframe, where you as a player can create your own Predator and experience the whole story of the game by yourself or with your friends as another Predators. Imagine something like Destiny (its not the best example, but once again its a good concept) but only with Predator players instead of Guardians, something like that. Im talking about this just because the whole phenomenon of Battle Royale idea is way too big, and after a while it will be gone, one day it wiill not be so popular anymore, and even now. . you as a player cant play all of these Battle Royale games at once, its crazy. . you play either one or two of them (I personally play only the PUBG) so. . the whole crazy popularity of Battle Royale games one day end. And only the strong titles will keep up their community alive even after that. PUBG is the first and only revolution in the terms of this (game) genre, I hope that it will survive even the fall of this whole popularity. But we also need to remember that games with story are also very important, they are and always will be here, we need them more than tons and tons of Battle Royale titles. And now, lets count how many times I write the words "Battle Royale" in this text, lol. :o

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah I mean PUBG was a mod for ARMA originally , and even that was based of the Japanese film known as battle grounds , I don't really think the concept can be copyrighted, as they stole the concept themselves , at its ground level it's just a really good open world multiplayer survival game , but it isn't the first , DAY Z is also a mod for ARMA in the same way PUBG was, GTA set the stage for open world games , are we saying that we cant  have new open world games because rockstar was the grandfather of the genre ? I'm sure someone originally created the first 3D racing game , we still have them though , don't we ? The concept works because we live in a real open world , where random chance happens , and that's what makes the game successful, I see no reason why devs can't get creative and incorporate well loved franchises into the mix imo, and predator is perfect for a game like this.

However petr I totally get you on the importance of story in video games.. multiplayer can feel a bit empty without it ;)

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

ELDERCLANLEADER - I agree to disagree, yes I know that Battle Royale was propably first inroduced with that Japanese film. I also know about the ARMA, but in the terms of games, the PUBG is the actual King of this genre, at least right now at these days, I think. But in short, I was trying to say that I dont want to see too many new games like that, I hate that situation when its something that good, that popular, so good that even others are trying to do the same. Like everyone is having hats on their heads, why should I have hat too? I was always trying to do my own thing, and going my own way. I dont want to be sheep that goes with others, you know. Developers are on the other hand thinking mainly about profit, of course they try to copy as much as they could. But I hate this behaviour. There will be E3 international conference next month, you will be surprised how many titles will focus on Battle Royale concept, for me. . it is ugly.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah I mean I sort of agree , but what I'm getting at is video games are all influenced by other games these days , it's just the nature of the business , when GTA 3 came out , how many GTA clones came out ? Loads. How many racing games have there been since the first one came out ? Again loads. Copying the current trend is nothing new in video games , or in media as a whole. We live in a real world open world, and video game open worlds are trying to simulate our real world. Just because pubg has become hugely successful, doesn't mean it owns the concept in its entirety, because like I said military sandboxes existed long before PUBG did , so if anything all these games are copying what ARMA has been doing for years .

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

ELDERCLANLEADER - You have right man, but dont forget. . when its someting to much, its just too much. Influence is good, when it is handled in a right way, also with some respect. But where is the room for the pure originality? It must came from somewhere, right? It slowly dissapears, in both movies and games. Thats sad.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

While interesting, I think we're sidetracking massively. These ideas should slot in the game subforum.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

skull-splitter - Come on, it starts because of I mention the (game) Predator Concrete Jungle here, but still, there isnt that much of anything else what we can talk about here, dont you think? Besides, I post at least Video from Mr. H here. Do you have anything else that you can add here? Because, I not. Basically everything was discussed here, honestly. But Im still open to every kind of discussion. I like local people here.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

With all due respect skull splitter there's only so many times we can all talk about the trailer at cinemacon , this post is quite old and dead now , we are all just some fellow fans talking about predator ideas , there's a new post about the trailer, for people who want that , c,mon lighten up man  ;)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Still, this isn't the gaming department.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed