More Victims! More Mutilations! An Interview with Predator 2 Director Stephen Hopkins - AvP Galaxy Podcast #121

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 08, 2021, 04:00:41 PM

Author
More Victims! More Mutilations! An Interview with Predator 2 Director Stephen Hopkins - AvP Galaxy Podcast #121 (Read 24,131 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 121st episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! And we’re starting 2021 off with a bang! For our 121st episode Corporal Hicks and Voodoo Magic are joined by none other than Predator 2’s director, Stephen Hopkins!

Stephen talks about his experience as a newer director working on Predator 2, how the film would have differed had Arnie been involved, where exactly Peter Keyes torso went, the legendary NC-17 cut of the film and plenty more!

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunesPodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher, and Spotify! Please be sure to leave a rating and review on whichever platform you're using!

And if you'd rather see our beautiful faces, the video version of the podcast is also available on YouTube!

There appears to be some issues with Hicks video feed being out of sync with the sound, but everyone else seems fine. And if you’d rather read the interview there’s also a transcription available in our interviews section too!

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

Voodoo Magic

It's up!!! Thank you again Stephen Hopkins for talking with us!

There's lots of tasty morsels to be found in this one including some alien in nature!

Kradan

I believe, that in a world where Voodoo gets to talk to Stephen Hopkins, one day TheSailingRabbit will talk to Mark Rolston

Darkness

I think it's a testament to yourself that you managed to track down somebody as elusive as Hopkins. The thing with Predator 2, there just isn't a lot of info out there about it so it's great having something like this. It's a damn underrated sequel. People will moan that it doesn't have Arnie in it or it's set in a city but I like the contrast. It's by far my favourite Predator sequel.

Clears up the thing about the 4K. I thought it was going to be a new Blu-ray set with lots of new features. Never expected Fox were going re-release the film back to cinemas.

What's this Good Morning America interview? I don't think I've seen it.

Did he say anything about Anna? Did she have anymore scenes?

Voodoo Magic

Hicks did a follow-up question with Hopkins and other than remembering Anna's video, had no memory of filming a scene around Anna. Maybe they never did.

The Thomas Brothers did revise Anna's page the last month of filming in the shooting script and she didn't have anymore scenes other than this brief recorded footage (probably by the 2nd Unit).

Niko

Great interview. Hopkins really seems like a chill guy.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 08, 2021, 06:13:30 PM
I believe, that in a world where Voodoo gets to talk to Stephen Hopkins, one day TheSailingRabbit will talk to Mark Rolston

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

molasar

oduodu

now we have 2 directors of avp series films  on the podcast! antal and hopkins. very nice thank you corporal.

Billiken

Great interview. Well done hicks and voodoo for all your hard work getting this

Kradan

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 09, 2021, 12:23:43 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Jan 08, 2021, 06:13:30 PM

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

It Aliens 35th anniversary this year, right ? It would be really great to get him on the show this year, so he can tell us all about his role in Shawshank Redemption

426Buddy

Really this is just beyond amazing! There are so many nuggets of P2 gold in this interview, it's crazy. You guys and Hopkins have really provided a boon for predator fans with this.

I'm still laughing after he said the warehouse scene did copy aliens, just a great answer and humble. So much great info here.

Thank you Hicks and Voodoo, this is really next level stuff.

Voodoo Magic

Thanks for all the nice comments all. We really appreciate it.

Here's one of my personal favorite moments only catchable on video.... :laugh:

https://twitter.com/FnVoodooMagic/status/1347918126290231298

426Buddy

That's great now I'm going to have to watch the whole  podcast  :laugh:. Only listened to it the first time lol.

Enjoy

That picture of preds in the cemetary, Is that an indication that predator had a scene that was cut out at the cemetary ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed