AvPR
132 (16.9%)
Predators (Added 2/12/11)
20 (2.6%)
The Predator (Added 27/07/20)
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 727

Author
Favorite Predator Design (Read 165,839 times)

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

And the Serpent warrior. The Predator with a xenomorph bio mask.

Sol

Sol

It's interesting to see the different takes on the film creatures, and what looks like in some cases, attempts to improve the designs after the original.

Case in point, the AVP Predators (Scar and Ancient are the only ones we see on screen, which appears to share the same mold).

CoolProps did a maquette on Scar, which looks to be based on the original film material. You can see that mouth positioning here from the film, which alot of us agree this being one of the worst post Winston Pred faces there is right now. And then there's Hot Toys' V2 figure. Here it seems the sculptor took this chance to make a more traditional

Original

CoolProps

Hot Toys

Looks much better than what we saw on film, in my opinion. I just wish once, ADI would adhere to the mandible positions set in place by SW a bit better, and play around with everything else more. We can get dynamically different looking Preds without messing with the mandibles too much. Alter the shapes, the amount of teeth, etc, but don't make them look misshaped, with saggy skin all over.

Here's some good examples of changing it up, while still keeping more in line with what Winston did;

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Sol on Dec 02, 2020, 02:58:04 AM
Looks much better than what we saw on film, in my opinion.

What if molasar disagrees?

Sol

Sol

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 03, 2020, 12:32:02 AM

Disagrees with my opinion? And who?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Sol on Dec 03, 2020, 12:34:33 AM

Yes.  The "Jaguar AvP is an open world" guy.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 03, 2020, 12:35:23 AM
Quote from: Sol on Dec 03, 2020, 12:34:33 AM

Yes.  The "Jaguar AvP is an open world" guy.

lol

Went right over my head. I don't know. My whole thought process has to jive with what he feels is right.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: molasar on Nov 30, 2020, 03:28:31 AM
It seems that you do not have a clue what it really is.

Sol

Sol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Come-on, let's not bait please.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Predator 1 and 2 without a doubt. Some of the best creature stuff ever in film. The Lost Tribe was the last batch of Preds that looked really good. Each one a solid standalone design - you really want to know their stories.

AVP never particularly bothered me but AVPR was an improvement. Wolf's scenes are the only bearable ones in that movie.

Thought they looked like big rubbery dumbasses in Predators. Never liked the idea of 'Super Predators.'

The Predator's Fugitive is on the same level as Wolf, his breakout being the only standout scene, although the lack of a tribal look to his armor/tech is a bummer. The Upgrade and all the DNA hybrid bullshit is even dumber than the Super Preds. The deleted Emissaries looked dreadful.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

It's interesting to see the different takes on the film creatures, and what looks like in some cases, attempts to improve the designs after the original.

Case in point, the AVP Predators (Scar and Ancient are the only ones we see on screen, which appears to share the same mold).

CoolProps did a maquette on Scar, which looks to be based on the original film material. You can see that mouth positioning here from the film, which alot of us agree this being one of the worst post Winston Pred faces there is right now. And then there's Hot Toys' V2 figure. Here it seems the sculptor took this chance to make a more traditional

Looks much better than what we saw on film, in my opinion. I just wish once, ADI would adhere to the mandible positions set in place by SW a bit better, and play around with everything else more. We can get dynamically different looking Preds without messing with the mandibles too much. Alter the shapes, the amount of teeth, etc, but don't make them look misshaped, with saggy skin all over.

Here's some good examples of changing it up, while still keeping more in line with what Winston did;

Nearly all of those designs are perfect, and welcome to be in the movies. Except for the one with human teeth. Human teeth on a Predator throw off the design worse than wrong mandibles ever could.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

No idea when I last voted but my initial answer of Predator 1 is sooooo wrong in hindsight.

The answer is the one and only City Hunter. ✌️ 

Love the coloration and armor.  The weapon designs have not been surpassed in any of the sequels either, in my opinion.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 23, 2020, 07:30:09 AM
No idea when I last voted but my initial answer of Predator 1 is sooooo wrong in hindsight.

The answer is the one and only City Hunter. ✌️ 

Love the coloration and armor.  The weapon designs have not been surpassed in any of the sequels either, in my opinion.

Guess who is happy right now ?

Spoiler

[close]

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 23, 2020, 07:33:37 AM
Guess who is happy right now ?

Spoiler

[close]

Not gonna lie, it certainly helps that the movie as a whole is based af with the aesthetics of the entire Lost Tribe and the fiery glow of the spaceship interiors - I think it's a shame the series never went back to this:

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Predator and Predator 2 is a no brainer I'd say, but if I have to choose just one it's the Jungle Predator just because it's a classic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed