Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 268,515 times)

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 09, 2010, 03:30:57 AM
Predator 2 was cheesy for other reasons. That opening shootut scene was so OTT, not to mention all the gore the film had. Sure, Predator had gore too but it wasn't gushing blood.

It even had unnecessary bad language...I am no prude...but there was no reason for all of that language.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 09, 2010, 03:30:57 AMnot to mention all the gore the film had. Sure, Predator had gore too but it wasn't gushing blood.

What can you expect when something like that uses the weapons it has one humans? No blood? The fact that it gushes makes it cheesy? So if it didn't gush it wouldn't be cheesy?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It doesn't have to be excessive. Blain was blown open and blood gushed, but it wasn't all over the freaking camera. It was at an angle, we got a burst of blood, and that was the end of it.

The Demon

The Demon

What about Mac's dead where his brains were shot right into the camera?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

One shot. Versus at least four in Predator 2.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Just finished Predator 2.
Man, this movie is awesome! I love it! Maybe a bit over the top bad language, but who cares! The Predators are badass, I love how Winston improved the design. The animatronic is a bit stiff at times, but is very organic nonetheless. "Would you like a candy?" LOL, legendary!  :D

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 10, 2010, 04:05:14 PM
One shot. Versus at least four in Predator 2.

I'm still not seeing it. Predator 2 had alot of gore but in my opinion it was done correctly. It gave the movie a real sicking feeling, that's without mentioning you're in LA. You first started off saying the movie was cheesy because it had Gary Busey, then you go to say it wasn't just him, it was the gore. I'm not seeing it.

The only thing I found cheesy was the "mother f**ker!" which is no better than the Predator laugh in the first one, (so in that case I think both those scenes were awesome) and those goofy looking pistols we saw at the beginning. Even that is easy to look past, in my opinion.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Demon on Mar 10, 2010, 10:25:59 PM
and those goofy looking pistols we saw at the beginning. Even that is easy to look past, in my opinion.

What goofy looking pistols?

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 10, 2010, 10:42:32 PM
and those goofy looking pistols we saw at the beginning. Even that is easy to look past, in my opinion.

What goofy looking pistols?

All of them.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Mar 12, 2010, 07:57:36 PM
and those goofy looking pistols we saw at the beginning.

All of them.

Again... Where are we talking? Jerry and Leona were using Sig's with laser sighting, Harrigan was using a Desert Eagle with laser sight... The guns he had in the back of his car were just an assortment of small and large calibre pistols like glocks, sig's, a 45 long slide, and a semi auto shotgun... Where are these "weird guns" at?

The Demon

The Demon

You see what I'm talking about better during the gang war. Harrigan's team, their pistols had all these silly adds ons and it looked dumb. I'm assuming they were reaching for a some what futuristic approach seeing how it was set in 97 and they thought LA would be that bad by that time.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 12, 2010, 09:32:17 PM
Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Mar 12, 2010, 07:57:36 PM
and those goofy looking pistols we saw at the beginning.

All of them.

Again... Where are we talking? Jerry and Leona were using Sig's with laser sighting, Harrigan was using a Desert Eagle with laser sight... The guns he had in the back of his car were just an assortment of small and large calibre pistols like glocks, sig's, a 45 long slide, and a semi auto shotgun... Where are these "weird guns" at?
Seriously ... all are realistic weapons.

LMAO

Devastator

Devastator

Well Predator was really awesome!Had also Arnie which I like much as an actor.Predator 2 too was just good,not so Pred-look wise and also that Predator was a sucker...he lost one arm during a battle and he died on meele combat from a human..

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 05, 2006, 08:48:13 PM
You know. I love 'em both. I find them both really entertaining. It's so hard to choose.
Same here, 'cept I eventually settled on Predator 1 as the Logical choice.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

QuoteFavourite Predator Movie?

Hmm, hard to choose. Both of them are great movies, but I prefer Predator one because it had more suspense and because it has the best Predator design of all the films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed