Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 268,868 times)

Huggs

Huggs

That the one with the dick?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Dare I genuinely ask?

Huggs

Huggs

I've heard tell of a scene. There was a weenie, you see, and it was almost for supper.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 13, 2021, 05:51:52 AM
That the one with the dick?

Yep. :laugh:

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 13, 2021, 05:55:46 AM
Dare I genuinely ask?

If you dare...

Spoiler
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Rodriguez's script was like that scene in South Park with the idea manatees, except someone's poured 10 kilos of coke into the pool.

City Hunter Yautja

Predator is the best trophy of them all. However, I have a great fondness for Predator 2. It introduced so many iconic Yautja weapons like the Staff and the Smart Disc. I also am partial to the Pred 2 design.

I really enjoyed The Predator, particularly the Yautja's escape from the lab.

Master

Master

Predator is the best of all, no doubt about it. Yet I find Predator 2 equally fun to watch. Predators and AvP are guilty pleasure for me. No way as good as previous two, but fun to watch at certain circumstances. The  Predator and AvP-R are garbage. I don't like them, but I'd lie saying I don't rewatch them sometimes.

nanison

nanison

predator 1 is an epic mysterious thriller, lots of suspense and full of memorable characters and lines. The reveal of the predator is one of the greatest scenes in cinematic history. I was hooked when I saw the film as a kid but also a bit puzzled by the lack of action, I definitely was a bit scared as well. Arnold's battle roar is goosebumps worthy, bring it on! The whole final act is brimming with suspense build up and wonder.

Predator 2 is completely different but equally fun. This is action packed with another colorful set of characters. The final act is action packed and spectacular. It is also a lot more gory than the first one. The only disappointing scene is the train scene which is way too dark. Loved the setting, a second jungle setting could never have equalled the first film, this one does in a different way.

The rest of the franchise? Dog poo

City Hunter Yautja

Its definitive for me. Predator 2 is my favorite. It feels so cathartic to watch.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As much as I like Predator 2, I can't bring myself to say it's better than the original.

That said, I think Predator 2 has the single best scene of any Predator movie, namely King Willie's showdown with the City Hunter. Not only is that sequence fantastically edited and scored, and full of some truly memorable effects work, it's a great showcase for how to reference a previous movie - Billy's death - without it feeling heavy-handed.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 19, 2021, 08:59:26 AM
As much as I like Predator 2, I can't bring myself to say it's better than the original.

That said, I think Predator 2 has the single best scene of any Predator movie, namely King Willie's showdown with the City Hunter. Not only is that sequence fantastically edited and scored, and full of some truly memorable effects work, it's a great showcase for how to reference a previous movie - Billy's death - without it feeling heavy-handed.

The King Willie showdown is epic. Everything about that scene is so tightly shot, nothing overblown or wasted. I love the footsteps in the water, and then when the cloak come off you see the reflection of the Predator in the pool. So much care was put into those scenes, same with the rest of the film, especially the Meat Locker.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

you know the line

see signature

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"D- d- d- d- danny boy..."

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Watched both Predator and Predator 2 last night for the first time since 2018 when The Predator really soured me on all of this. Forgot just how much I love both of these – Predator as a damn near perfect 80s actioner-turned-slasher, and Predator 2, which technically isn't as good as the first even though it is my preferred of the two, as a schlocky/grindhousey, cocaine-fueled, hyper-violent expansion of the first one. They make for one Hell of a fun double feature. I'm glad I held off so long on revisiting these movies again after 2018, 'cause coming in as fresh as I did after so long a gap made them feel really special all over again.

Really hoping that Prey lives up to the spirit of these two movies – the relentless energy, the grime and sweat, the "dump a Predator into a film of another genre" mentality that Predator and Predator 2 operated on. I like Trachtenberg, and from what we know the structure of Prey feels like it should be much more in line with these first two films than the more recent entries in the series were, which bodes well.

Also, how did we get such an insanely cool spaceship interior in Predator 2 only for every subsequent film to just default to a chrome interior? Also not sure how we ended up with years of "honorable space Samurai" Predator stories coming off of the back of these two dickhead Predators, but that's another story. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed