Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 269,018 times)

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 01, 2021, 11:37:21 PM
Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Jan 31, 2021, 06:12:28 AM
1) Predator
2) Predator 2
3) Predators

The Predator

^fixed
Thank you sir, this is an accurate correction.

Never in my life has a sequel come out that ultimately made my apathetic opinion of its predecessor, substantially better there after.

Which is ultimately the greatest legacy of Shane Black's comedy / parody, dog shit take with The Predator.

And that legacy is that it made a rather bland movie, sprinkled with some interesting concepts, although with heaps of stupidity or unfulfilled potential with Nimrod's Predators, more positive in retrospect.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I had no idea that the actress Françoise Yip, MS. Yutani in Requiem, was part of The Predator at some point.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 01, 2021, 11:02:42 PM
I love that single vote for The Predator still hanging on.

There's two now. God help us, they're replicating.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 02, 2021, 01:42:05 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 01, 2021, 11:02:42 PM
I love that single vote for The Predator still hanging on.

There's two now. God help us, they're replicating.

This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them.

426Buddy

426Buddy

3? Surely this is a joke? :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

We may have to initiate wildfire protocols.

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 02, 2021, 02:16:50 AM
3 people then ...

Don't actually like the actual first film or the character or the mythology or the franchise from 1987 - 2010.

Begs the question, why are they here?!  Go to a Monsters Squad or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or IM3 message board.

::)

Kradan

Kradan

Don't look at me, I voted for P2

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Feb 02, 2021, 03:15:55 AM
3 people then ...

Don't actually like the actual first film or the character or the mythology or the franchise from 1987 - 2010.

Begs the question, why are they here?!  Go to a Monsters Squad or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or IM3 message board.

::)

Thread isn't called "Objectively better Predator movie", is it ?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Feb 02, 2021, 03:15:55 AMBegs the question, why are they here?!  Go to a Monsters Squad or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or IM3 message board.

They're here to hang out with the people who think Requiem is the best Alien movie.

Kradan

Kradan

:o It isn't ?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Feb 01, 2021, 10:34:33 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 01, 2021, 08:48:42 PM
Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Jan 31, 2021, 06:12:28 AM
1) Predator
2) Predator 2
3) The Predator
4) Predators

Fixed !  :P
As shameless of a rip off or retread, however you wanna classify it, that predators was.  Put the crack pipe down.

Nah I'll hang on to it a bit more thanks. ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As shameless of a rip off or retread, however you wanna classify it, that predators was.  Put the crack pipe down.

Lies! A jungle setting and repeating beats does not a shameless rip off make.  >:(

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 05, 2021, 10:13:09 AM

Lies! A jungle setting and repeating beats does not a shameless rip off make.  >:(

I don't know if I'd personally say "shameless", but it does feel like a lack of inspiration at times to me. "Retread" is very fair though, and when it repeats the same musical cues it leaves Predator 1987 fans that are sensitive to that degree of homages in a deep confounded state of irritation. I get it. I've been there too. It's like blowing the Alien out of the airlock. If you're going to do that again, you better do it better, and James Cameron did. Unfortunately, Nimrod Antal didn't quite reach those celebrated heights, hence the multiplication of constant lesser-ripoff criticisms times the constant homages.

Yautja888

Yautja888

It's a tie between Predator and Predator2, the first has a lot of suspenseful scenes wich work better
during the first viewing, Predator 2 lacks quality in a few scenes but it shows the predator more, so its
replayability is superior, it's easier to rewatch.I couldn't decide between the two, I'd rather take them
as one big movie, they're complement each other perfectly.

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

Def agree.  Predator is better made film and an instant classic. 

But I'd argue Pred 2 is more likable and the more rewatchable flick TBH.  I can pick it up at any point and be engaged.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks
You keep telling yourself that kiddo.   :P 

It very much is a retread or remake. 

It is in that era of films where they change a little bit of set dressing to a cinematic classic but ultimately deliver the same movie.  IE: Force Awakens. 

Not to mention as an aside, a lot key points to the film are nonsensical and stupid.

With that said it's still decent and miles better than The Predator

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed