Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 269,157 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Predator: 10/10
Predator 2: 7.5/10
Predators: 7.5/10

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jan 27, 2011, 11:15:34 AM
Quote from: InfamousYautja on Jan 27, 2011, 03:27:11 AM
Quote from: Master on Jan 26, 2011, 10:41:12 PM
At your service ;)

For me P1 and P2 are equal. Those are the best films of my youth. I can`t and I won`t pick the better out of those two.

I liked P2 believe me but I don't like it as well as Predators or Predator. I don't know every reason but I think one of them is that I didn't like the Predator as well as some other ones. Maybe because City Hunter seemed a little weak well not weak but weaker then a Pred should be. I mean he was occasionally owned and killed by a random LA police officer with his own weapon.

In the movie,Harrigan is the most violent, aggressive, effective cops of LA which is almost in civil war (after Danny boy get killed ,you can hear the computer recording most of Harrigans stats)
This guy IS badass, not a old retired cops. + i would add that city hunter is far to be weak, he is maybe the most "resilient/ die hard"  pred (with Anytime who took 2 40mm nade s+ several quintal log on the head without dying)

He is not like some preds, who pass away after 2 katana slash ( ::)) or some other preds who get almost KO in a face to face fight , before being finished like a b*tch while on their knees  ::)

EDIT i forgot to give notes on my Pred movie list then:
Predator 2 10/10
Predator 10/10
Predators 4/10

Somewhere I heard Hanzo severed Falconer's spine in the slash that killed him. And Preds are wickedly strong so that might happen with the face to face KO thing. You don't know how hard he was hit in the final fight.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: InfamousYautja on Jan 27, 2011, 09:34:36 PM
Somewhere I heard Hanzo severed Falconer's spine in the slash that killed him. And Preds are wickedly strong so that might happen with the face to face KO thing. You don't know how hard he was hit in the final fight.

Of course we can always (and anytime) find an explanation about Facloner's failure. Maybe the slash hit his spine or maybe he is just not dead at all.
Spoiler
Or maybe he was just blind by the sun (at night  :D )
[close]

What i am talking about is the fact you found city hunter pretty weak, whereas he stand against several shotguns rounds (which should have smashed all his internal organs) + 2 or 3 desert eagle rounds (maybe 357 mag) and at last he lost his forearm.

Despite that, City hunter still able to fight Harrigan (which you wrongly descibed as a random LA cop, while he is the most violent and effective cop of a city almost in war) in a pretty dominating way (despite his wounds)
City Hunter is definitly not a weak pred, he is a god ( ::) ;D) next to predators puss*es (except Tracker, no pred can survive such explosion)

EDIT: About the KO in face to face fight. I was talking about Mr Black vs Royce final battle (not classic vs Black), and the fact that Royce manage to KO Black and finish him like a b*tch while on his knee.

Surely i don't know how hard Mr Black was hit, BUT i know that a  40mm nade (exploding at less than 1m away) hit far FAR harder,despite that Anytime manage to stand against 2 of those (even if i have to admit that one of the two nades throw at him was weakened  ,because Dutch use a part of the explosive powder in order to make a flashbang, that he will use latter in the tunnel )

ScottishXeno

ScottishXeno

Liked Predator 2 better, just has a certain feel to it.
I like Predator aswell though.

Peakius Baragonius

I saw Predator for the first time last weekend, and it was awesome! A very well done, satisfying film! Also, I hadn't really liked the plasma cannon as much up until now, but after seeing it I like it a lot more!

I'm having a hard time choosing between Predator and Predator 2, because they're both so great -- a perfect duology, just like Alien and Aliens. Overall, I think Predator is the better film, but I have a more personal connection with Predator 2, it being the first film in either series that I saw all the way through and having only recently learned about it, being too young to see any of them unedited (it was on the FX Channel, around 2004 or 2005, and it aired after Alien both times), so I'll list that one as my favorite. Thus, they're both the "best"!

RDdaNINJA

RDdaNINJA

I always liked Predator 2 the best.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jan 27, 2011, 11:16:35 PM
Quote from: InfamousYautja on Jan 27, 2011, 09:34:36 PM

Of course we can always (and anytime) find an explanation about Facloner's failure. Maybe the slash hit his spine or maybe he is just not dead at all.
Spoiler
Or maybe he was just blind by the sun (at night  :D )
[close]

What i am talking about is the fact you found city hunter pretty weak, whereas he stand against several shotguns rounds (which should have smashed all his internal organs) + 2 or 3 desert eagle rounds (maybe 357 mag) and at last he lost his forearm.

Despite that, City hunter still able to fight Harrigan (which you wrongly descibed as a random LA cop, while he is the most violent and effective cop of a city almost in war) in a pretty dominating way (despite his wounds)
City Hunter is definitly not a weak pred, he is a god ( ::) ;D) next to predators puss*es (except Tracker, no pred can survive such explosion)

EDIT: About the KO in face to face fight. I was talking about Mr Black vs Royce final battle (not classic vs Black), and the fact that Royce manage to KO Black and finish him like a b*tch while on his knee.

Surely i don't know how hard Mr Black was hit, BUT i know that a  40mm nade (exploding at less than 1m away) hit far FAR harder,despite that Anytime manage to stand against 2 of those (even if i have to admit that one of the two nades throw at him was weakened  ,because Dutch use a part of the explosive powder in order to make a flashbang, that he will use latter in the tunnel )

^This. (...hello? Subject, complete sentence, are you there? Anyone? Hello!?  ;))

And he was sprayed by liquid nitrogen, before and after being wounded!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Predator and Predator 2.

To me, those will always be the best of the series.

-Rakai'Thwei

PredatorGFX

PredatorGFX

Predator always will have a special place in my heart ;)

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Its a tie between Predator and Predator 2. Predator 2 is what got me into the series way back in the day but Predator seems more origanal and has that hunter feel to it. But Predator 2 Pussy Face pred is WAY more badass he takes a beating only he could survive! The Beserker pred got killed like a bitch on his knee's P1 blew himself up Falconer died OK nobody can survive 2 katana slashes but Pussy Face killed Gary Bussey and lost a god damn arm and still fought! Plus hes got the coolest design of all preds. Another reason is Bill Paxton is in Predator 2 hes my 4th faveorite actor and played a great role in P2 I think him and Harrigan should have switched spots and Lambart kills the pred way more epic ending IMO. So overall the two have there flaws that even each other out i'd rate them bot at 9.75/10 for being kick ass action films.

A Harmless Goat

A Harmless Goat

I like the first 2 movies equally, and I like Predators just a little bit less then those.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Predator 10/10
Predator 2 7.5/10
Predators 8/10

Intrepid-Traveler

Predator has to be the best for me out of them. It's just so tribal and unhindered. Classic lines, classic actors, and a little of that 80's cheese to give it that "cult" status. It's the original and best example of a Predator movie. Ultimate commandos against an ultimate predator in an arid jungle.

As for P2 and Predators it's hard to say. Predator 2 starts solid and ends solid but the whole middle of the film (up until the subway/meat factory) is just horrible filler of an 80's inspired look at the gangta' future. Never been a Glover fan and the only reason the movie is even worth watching in its own right is because of the predator and end fight scene.

Predators is quite good as  whole, but incorporates some weird things and some mismatch actors. The predator v predator fight was great but short lived and the plot was just kinda "okay go". I'd rate Predator 2 as having a better showing of predator but predators is better well-rounded as a whole.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

The first one is truly exceptional, and one of few action movies that have such a great buildup of the Predator character and tension and successful character development. Its especially amazing considering its a movie made in 1987 - a year where , for example, The Running Man was made which was so 80s  that your jeans are ripping apart on your knees and your hair dyes blond

P2 on the other hand doesnt avoid the cheesiness of its time at all, but its still enjoyable and entertaining.

Predators I dont like at all, feels like a made for TV movie and its just unengaging

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 16, 2011, 03:34:11 AM
The first one is truly exceptional, and one of few action movies that have such a great buildup of the Predator character and tension and successful character development. Its especially amazing considering its a movie made in 1987 - a year where , for example, The Running Man was made which was so 80s  that your jeans are ripping apart on your knees and your hair dyes blond

P2 on the other hand doesnt avoid the cheesiness of its time at all, but its still enjoyable and entertaining.

Predators I dont like at all, feels like a made for TV movie and its just unengaging

I agree with you completely, and have come to theorize that Predator and Predators were both written for two different generations of fans.  Maybe this explains my weariness of Predators, it wasn't written for my generation  :-[

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed