New LA Times interview with Ridley Scott on Alien.

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, May 30, 2020, 05:07:44 PM

Author
New LA Times interview with Ridley Scott on Alien. (Read 22,202 times)

Huggs

Ridley is the man that brings the right look, but the wrong ideas.

Evanus

More like, interesting and sometimes questionable ideas.

Nightmare Asylum

And I'd personally take interesting and questionable over safe and uninspired.

Evanus

Same here.

As long as we don't get David the Space Jockey. :P

Voodoo Magic

Hrmm. By the OP transcript, no real indicator if this will ever become a reality. Just a reiteration of his desire to answer the questions that.. need answering?

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 01, 2020, 02:56:00 AM
Ridley is the man that brings the right look, but the wrong ideas.

Yeah, it's not considered Riddles strength is it.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 01, 2020, 03:22:18 PM

I definitely agree with that  8)

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

Quote"I still think there's a lot of mileage in 'Alien,' but I think you'll have to now re-evolve," Scott said. "What I always thought when I was making it, the first one, why would a creature like this be made and why was it traveling in what I always thought was a kind of war-craft, which was carrying a cargo of these eggs. What was the purpose of the vehicle and what was the purpose of the eggs? That's the thing to question — who, why, and for what purpose is the next idea, I think."

WHAT? *in Fifield voice*

Scott has had PROMETHEUS to discover this big creature. All that he showed was this creature ripping one android's head off and beat Mr. Weyland to death with it.

Then Scott has had COVENANT to disregard the big creature for David and the theme of AI.

There were two movies for him to develope this and he gave us almost nothing. And now he still talks big about Space Jockey, Engineer, Malakak or whatever this creature's name is?
Have fun to rush all this into the very last film of that prequel series. I already know it will fail.  ::)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on May 31, 2020, 09:54:32 PM
He talks about finishing unfinished scripts, Lucas' Star Wars, importance of good casting, Sigourney Weaver, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, his mother, G.I. Jane, Giger, legacy of Alien, criticism and why he doesn't read reviews, returning to Alien universe, Kubrick and 2001, Exodus: Gods and Kings, Thelma & Louise, AI. Basically there is probably nothing we haven't heard before.

Thanks for that, you've done a man's job, sir.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Also ...

QuoteThe filmmaker, who is currently in Los Angeles, said that for him, quarantine-time has been "a great opportunity to get all those unfinished scripts finished."

This is what we're most interested in. Scott's unfinished projects.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So we may yet get that Monopoly movie starring Donald Trump?

Ingwar

Sadly no. Scott called him a nutcase recently.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

:laugh:

And to think, a year ago he was praising Trump's tax reforms.

Kradan

Quote from: Stompy the Perfect Xeno on Jun 01, 2020, 07:32:27 PM
Quote"I still think there's a lot of mileage in 'Alien,' but I think you'll have to now re-evolve," Scott said. "What I always thought when I was making it, the first one, why would a creature like this be made and why was it traveling in what I always thought was a kind of war-craft, which was carrying a cargo of these eggs. What was the purpose of the vehicle and what was the purpose of the eggs? That's the thing to question — who, why, and for what purpose is the next idea, I think."

WHAT? *in Fifield voice*

Scott has had PROMETHEUS to discover this big creature. All that he showed was this creature ripping one android's head off and beat Mr. Weyland to death with it.

Then Scott has had COVENANT to disregard the big creature for David and the theme of AI.

There were two movies for him to develope this and he gave us almost nothing. And now he still talks big about Space Jockey, Engineer, Malakak or whatever this creature's name is?
Have fun to rush all this into the very last film of that prequel series. I already know it will fail.  ::)

Good for you - you'll be able to save money for ticket.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 02, 2020, 02:36:59 PM
Quote from: Stompy the Perfect Xeno on Jun 01, 2020, 07:32:27 PM

WHAT? *in Fifield voice*

Good for you - you'll be able to save money for ticket.

Excellent! More money for him and less toxicity for us. Everybody wins.  :)

SpaceKase

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 01, 2020, 03:22:18 PM

Word! So 100%.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed