Convicts

Started by EJA, May 23, 2020, 04:10:19 PM

Author
Convicts (Read 1,542 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Either way, Im glad none of those scripts came to pass as I think theyre all terrible. Just an opinion of course but Im so glad we got what we got instead

SiL

SiL

To be fair they were almost exclusively first drafts (Except Gibson getting to draft 2), which are almost always terrible. If any of them had been drafted and refined they may have turned out much better than what we got. We'll never know.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Was the shooting script we got really so much better than those first drafts?

SM

SM

Which one?  It was constantly being revised.

SiL

SiL

Can't have a worse shooting script if you don't have a shooting script.

SM

SM

I tend to think that for all its myriad faults the final film was better than any of the available drafts.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I still want to see an SM draft.

j0nesy

j0nesy

can we form a kickstarter for that?  :P

Janek

Janek

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 25, 2020, 01:51:54 AM
Either way, Im glad none of those scripts came to pass as I think theyre all terrible. Just an opinion of course but Im so glad we got what we got instead
Quote from: SM on May 25, 2020, 04:49:47 AM
I tend to think that for all its myriad faults the final film was better than any of the available drafts.

StrangeShape and SM have said all I want to add to the discussion so I will just quote them. Im lazy today. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on May 25, 2020, 01:53:15 AM
To be fair they were almost exclusively first drafts (Except Gibson getting to draft 2), which are almost always terrible. If any of them had been drafted and refined they may have turned out much better than what we got. We'll never know.

Twohy's apparently got 3 (according to Dissecting Aliens), but we've only got the first online.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How goes the quest to obtain them?

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: SM on May 25, 2020, 04:49:47 AM

Agreed 100%

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed