Ripley and the facehugger in Alien 3

Started by Mala'kak, May 23, 2020, 02:39:28 PM

Author
Ripley and the facehugger in Alien 3 (Read 2,366 times)

Kradan

Could you imagine old mansion just full of webbing and flying facehuggers ?

Xenomorphine

The AC isn't clear enough to make out the membranes, IMO. I only know it's meant to look different because of being familiar with the model, but it isn't sharp enough to just mostly looks like a normal one on screen.

Plus, the one which actually crawls over the cryotube is completely normal.

SM

SM

You can see the webbing very briefly if you're looking for it.  It's also a lot bigger than a normal hugger.

Local Trouble

Would you say that the super facehugger's design traits are unavoidably canon within the alternate story of the AC?

SM

SM

If by design traits you mean being a big webby finger f**ker - I supposed they would.

Huggs

Huggs

Pretend it was a normal facehugger that just got squashed and discolored by a big dead cow.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jun 01, 2020, 02:22:52 AM
If by design traits you mean being a big webby finger f**ker - I supposed they would.

Yes, that's what I mean.  Do you reject the argument that it's too blink-and-you'll-miss-it or too far-away-from-the-camera as a way to handwave it?

If so, you may upset people.

SM

SM

It's easy to handwave the webbing.  The size issue less so.

But it's the special edition so matters little.

Local Trouble

I'd explain the larger size along the same lines as the webbing: it grew so it could properly fit the head of an ox.

But yeah, it doesn't really matter since it's just the AC.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Isn't the AC widely considered the definitive cut these days?

SiL

SiL

Preferred, maybe, but not the definitive.

SM

SM

Not sure definitiveness is something that can be "widely considered".

Immortan Jonesy

Yup. David creating the Alien with Ridley Scott confirming the above is a good example of that.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

But if it is the preferred cut how come it doesn't matter?

SM

SM

Because the theatrical cut is the definitive cut.

Not to downplay CdLs sterling work on the series over the years - but the special edition is a glorified fan edit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed