If Disney decides to go with a reboot, what would you like to see?

Started by Lizardboy, Jan 25, 2020, 10:16:05 PM

Author
If Disney decides to go with a reboot, what would you like to see? (Read 9,752 times)

Lizardboy

I'm not a fan of the reboot idea, i would like to have an end to the prequel movies by Scott instead, but being realistic this option is the one with more probabilities.

Personally i would like to see Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Amanda Ripley as the protagonist.

Spoiler

[close]

SM

If they reboot, then reboot with no links to existing characters and start again.

Immortan Jonesy

More like a soft reboot, I'd say. Nonetheless, great actress. There is more freedom if they start from the scratch though.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I'd be in for the soft reboot. Set it sometime after Alien 3. Completely brand new characters, try not to retell Alien and just setup us up a new world situation.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, the soft reboot idea.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Agreed-Also, I better see/find a hidden Mickey somewhere in the film tho.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps we will absorbed by W-Y.

JokersWarPig

Soft reboot, no connection to previous characters other than maybe a passing comment/reference. Keep the retro sci fi tech and if the USCM gets used keep their established aesthetic.

Kimo

If not a reboot then Im edging towards a Weyland Yutani TV show after watching that amazing tv show Chernobyl, rather then another Alien film. The is soo much to explore within Weyland Yutani company. have family's back on earth, of the people who died at Hadley's Hope ask questions on what really happened to they loved ones on Hadley's Hope. Keep Ripley's character dead, have her story kept top secret, keep her side of the story an urban legend to some of the staff who work within weyland yutani. Have weyland yutani still trying to hunt down the whereabouts of the xeno creature for its weapons division. Keep the Alien creature a mystery make it that some people believe it does not exist.

That's what I loved about Chernobyl we already know the disaster but it's how the Russian government tried to cover it up. I want to see something like this but with Weyland yutani dealing with the aftermath of Hadley's Hope.

Evanus

A full on reboot/remake, no thanks! A soft reboot after the third prequel, sure. I think that's the best option, really.

acrediblesource

Throw Mary Elizabeth Winstead  and Ellen Page into the movie and you've got dynamite!

0321recon

Seeing that Emma Watts who still had faith on Scott with the Prequels bouncing from 20th Century, it's apparent the prequels are done. Just a few weeks ago watched the 'Paradise' fan edit that some mention cuts too much from both films, though in I'm humble opinion tells gripping parallel narrative that leaves me satisfied not wanting a third prequel film. I'm ok with 20th Century heading in a new direction. I'd be ok if they did a soft reboot like some have mentioned post Alien3 with new characters. However, I'd love to see the Tom Hardy, or Michael B Jordan star in these films, have passing references to the original trilogy and prequels but from there tell a new story. If not that, explore the extended universe found in Dark Horse Books, hell why not adapt Alien: Cold Forge. That would be great to see. For that I'd like to see JLaw or Sylvia Hooks play the lead.

TC

The only kind of reboot I would have no interest in would be a remake like Gus Van Sant's Psycho, which was a close duplicate of the Hitchcock film (almost same script, almost same score, and some scenes were even shot-for-shot reproductions of Hitchcock's edit).

'Soft reboot' strikes me as something not too far from 'sequel' - which I'm not averse to - but with all-new characters (and same story-verse, no retcons). I think the term 'sidequel' is more self-descriptive. If we were talking about a TV show we'd simply call it a 'spinoff'. IOW it's really not that big a step from what's come before.

A hard reboot, OTOH, simply needs to treat me with some new interpretation of the material, either in theme (like Ronald D Moore's Battlestar Galactica), or visualisation (like Christopher Nolan's Batman), or preferably both. After all, I'm very much looking forward to Villeneuve's Dune, despite the fact that this will be the fourth time I will have had the same storyline, same characters, and same setting presented to me. I have faith that Villeneuve will show me something worthy in his interpretation.

TC

Voodoo Magic

Sorry Alien3 fans, but if it was up to me, I'd opt for a requel with Newt as a twentysomething, where Ripley and/or Hicks is limited to a picture in a locker or video call at most.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Feb 01, 2020, 03:59:57 PM
Twenty-ish years ago as a collaborative effort between James Cameron and David Fincher, perhaps, now? No.

Alien3's most avid defender in like clockwork! :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed