John Davis: Shane Black's Predator Sequel will Reinvent Franchise

Started by ace3g, Aug 14, 2015, 02:05:12 AM

Author
John Davis: Shane Black's Predator Sequel will Reinvent Franchise (Read 36,859 times)

Xenomorphine

That scene at the end of 'Predator 2' tells us they don't give a shit if you manage to best one of them in combat. Just don't take their technology and try to blow the rest of them up.

If you kill one of them, it's not like their dad's going to come at you for it or whatever.

And if it was, why the f**k would they take so long getting their act in gear to do it?

They either don't know about Dutch (the most likeliest answer), have no way to locate him or just don't give a damn.

System Apollo

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 17, 2015, 10:18:23 PM
That scene at the end of 'Predator 2' tells us they don't give a shit if you manage to best one of them in combat. Just don't take their technology and try to blow the rest of them up.

If you kill one of them, it's not like their dad's going to come at you for it or whatever.

And if it was, why the f**k would they take so long getting their act in gear to do it?

They either don't know about Dutch (the most likeliest answer), have no way to locate him or just don't give a damn.
After Predators we can see that they have more important things to be occupied with than looking for some human that bested only one of their own.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 17, 2015, 10:18:23 PMThey either don't know about Dutch (the most likeliest answer), have no way to locate him or just don't give a damn.

I quite like the idea that they do know about Dutch, but the fact he fairly beat a Predator one-on-one earns him a degree of respect from the others and he's left alone.

Corporal Hicks

I'd think that any who defeat a Predator are given interest as being better prey.

Movie idea

an idea would be a predator on the predator home world was too hell bent on killing and didn't follow the rules set by the elders. Resulting in him not getting his weapons and armour. So he kills the elder and makes a run for it.
Then the other predators are sent to hunt him down. But he picks them off one by one without their weapons and technology. Like he could do the mud trick and make spears out of trees and stuff.
So it's predator hunting down a crazy predator. People have been in enough movie. Why not make a predator movie with just the predators. And they won't have to hold back because they will be against the same skilled opponents.

I hope it's something like that. And leave those ANT faced predators out of it. And don't tie up the normal predator for the whole movie and then gets killed a minute after he gets down. That was an insult to all predator fans.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2015, 07:39:31 AM
I'd think that any who defeat a Predator are given interest as being better prey.
Kind of like a bounty. I like that and I think it plays off well given the kind of role the predator plays.

Quote from: Movie idea on Aug 18, 2015, 08:15:39 AM
People have been in enough movie. Why not make a predator movie with just the predators. And they won't have to hold back because they will be against the same skilled opponents.

>:(
I take back what I said previously. This is the final nail in the Predator franchise's coffin.

RakaiThwei

I am not sure what we are getting from the different perspective angle but I really don't want to go to the Predator homeworld. We saw a glimpse of it in AvP-R if you count that. And the whole Predator only film angle, where there are no humans... might work for a fan film or animated short but that's it.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 17, 2015, 10:18:23 PM

This bit gave me a good chuckle.  ;D

But it's certainly true, they have strict rules and acknowledge respect, but in the end, it's not something they get all worked out over.

Predators are really salty about their culture (how they got angry with humans simply treading on the sacred grounds in AvP2010) that's something a Predator would slaughter a whole squad of Colonial Marines over rather than going to avenge his little brother that lost to some random human on Earth.

I think some Predators know about Dutch and Harrigan, but really don't care. Plus hunting season may be over and it may take a 100 years for the next to start (since they aren't poachers), whose gonna go after a geriatric Arnie?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992
I think some Predators know about Dutch and Harrigan, but really don't care. Plus hunting season may be over and it may take a 100 years for the next to start (since they aren't poachers), whose gonna go after a geriatric Arnie?

The novelization of Predator 2 mention that the Predators do know about Dutch as he was one of the few, or first to ever defeat a Predator. I never read the novel but it's wiki article on Xenopedia.

As for a Predator hunting an old, aged Dutch? I don't know.. but I most certainly wouldn't want to see that.

Corporal Hicks

Arnie is looking damn good. Whilst I admit I haven't seen Genisys he looks like he can still handle the action.

HuDaFuK

If Arnie absolutely has to be in it he should be given a managerial role. I don't wanna see geriatric fisticuffs.

Corporal Hicks

I'd prefer to see him in an advisor role if he has to be in it - but only so it can move away from his character.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 18, 2015, 08:42:00 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992

The novelization of Predator 2 mention that the Predators do know about Dutch as he was one of the few, or first to ever defeat a Predator. I never read the novel but it's wiki article on Xenopedia.

As for a Predator hunting an old, aged Dutch? I don't know.. but I most certainly wouldn't want to see that.

Thanks for reminding me of that bit, Rakai. I guess Arnie is known in the sense that he is searchable on their databases. Since this is an entire race, I think some Predators may recognize Arnie, while others would be ignorant.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Aug 19, 2015, 09:00:41 AM
Thanks for reminding me of that bit, Rakai. I guess Arnie is known in the sense that he is searchable on their databases. Since this is an entire race, I think some Predators may recognize Arnie, while others would be ignorant.

Mind you I don't consider the novelization of Predator 2 as canon, as there are some things which contradict the film but I would think that there is something going on with Predators being aware of losses happening on Earth. I would think that most Predators know that there have been losses on other world, but most.. just couldn't care less. It happens quite a lot, and it's expected for them to die on the hunt, really.

Unless you count PREDATORS into the formula, then Noland's words could apply,  you know the whole: "Everytime we kill one of them, that's when they get REAL interested" may apply perhaps to the Super Predators. Not so sure about the normal Predators though but I just think they wouldn't care.

The Elder in Predator 2 more or less had some... acknowledgement of Harrigan's accomplishment, but the attitude was more like: "Hey, you won.. here's a cookie, now get the f**k off my ship."

Xenomorphine

Yeah, they'd have to have a 'they who live by the sword, die by the sword' mentality. They're the ones putting themselves in harm's way, after all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed