More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 43,726 times)

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Jan 25, 2017, 06:45:29 PM
So it IS set on the suburbs.

There's 0 mention of that setting in the leaked plot points.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 25, 2017, 06:29:01 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 25, 2017, 06:20:47 PM
Not sure I like the idea of the kid learning Predator language. I mean isn't it usually consisting with grunts and clicks anyway?

Having a child prodigy/autistic kid understand some of the patterns/words is fine, imo.

Not really realistic, mind you.. as people with autism often struggle with learning other languages, etc.
but it's a predator film and realism isnt really the name of the game so whatever.

I wouldn't say all autistic people struggle with learning languages.

Daniel Trammel is autistic and he was able to learn an entire language in a week, I think he learned Icelandic if I remember correctly. And when he spoke to a native speaker after the week passed, they complimented him on how well he spoke.

Maybe the kid could be a Savant. It's where people with a difficulty in some areas experience a massive boost in other areas due to the brain administering focus over to those skills.

So in this kid's case, he may have trouble acting "normal" or understanding facial expressions or whatever it is he'd have trouble with, and his brain would re-organise by focusing in the language department hence his ability to learn new ones so well.

And like others have said, he'll probably learn the written words somehow rather than actually speak to a Predator.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 25, 2017, 06:42:39 PM
City Hunter let that kid in Predator2 go unharmed.
And he let a pregnant woman (that was trying to kill him) go unharmed, too.

And a certain amount of different behaviour from different members of 1 species is pretty normal stuff...

The predator let them go cause... He realized it was a toy gun, and cause she was pregnant he exercised moral judgment.

But the other pred species I think wouldn't follow rules.

Predator_Spirit

And a certain amount of different behaviour from different members of 1 species is pretty normal stuff...

You're missing the point.
The kid was going to be killed wich means the predators don't care much about your age or gender, they just care if you carry
a weapon or not.So when I hear a predator won't kill someone because there is a kid in the room it's totally out of character.

echobbase79

I wouldn't be surprised if he's involved in a scene with a Predator. Maybe not talking to one, but seeing one. I don't mind the idea as long as it's done well.

I'm sure the father and son material is probably set in the suburbs. Doesn't mean the Predators will show up there.

But who knows?

Master

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 25, 2017, 06:29:01 PM
Not sure I like the idea of the kid learning Predator language. I mean isn't it usually consisting with grunts and clicks anyway?

Having a child prodigy/autistic kid understand some of the patterns/words is fine, imo.

Not really realistic, mind you.. as people with autism often struggle with learning other languages, etc.
but it's a predator film and realism isnt really the name of the game so whatever.

He may have Asperger syndrome. Very similar to autism but without mental disability nor language problems. People with Asperger syndrome tend to be obsessively interested in one particular subject, like languages.

Stealth_Hunter

What about their writing? Maybe it's on tech that's intercepted.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 25, 2017, 06:57:06 PM

The kid was going to be killed wich means the predators don't care much about your age or gender, they just care if you carry
a weapon or not.So when I hear a predator won't kill someone because there is a kid in the room it's totally out of character.

Just straight killing machines, how boring! I can't wait for Shane to add dimension and substance to the predator mythology. I've been waiting for someone talented to expand this series for a long time.

I hope the kid communicates with the predator and it pisses all the psychos off. ;D

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 25, 2017, 07:01:48 PM

Just straight killing machines, how boring! I can't wait for Shane to add dimension and substance to the predator mythology. I've been waiting for someone talented to expand this series for a long time.

I hope the kid communicates with the predator and it pisses all the psychos off. ;D

Ugh.

echobbase79

I don't know about that. In a lot of ways I think Predators know the difference between kids and adults. Which includes their intentions and the way they act. The little kid in P2 was having fun with a toy gun and City Hunter understood that. Yeah, he locked his cannon on him, but he knew the kid's intentions weren't bad.

I do think a Bad Blood wouldn't care how young a child is and kill them without a second thought. I look at them as serial killers of their species. Anything goes.

The Alien Predator

This, Predators are a species. They're not a hivemind that all act the same, so there's nothing "out of character" if one Predator's behaviour deviates from the rest.

There could be Predators out there who refuse to hunt intelligent life for moral reasons. Just how there's humans here who refuse to eat meat for moral reasons despite us being predatory omnivores.

What do we have in common with Predators? Our individuality and diversity.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Not to jump so conclusion but I'm getting a rather Ripley/Newt Gender Role Reversal vibe

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 25, 2017, 07:06:00 PM

This, Predators are a species. They're not a hivemind that all act the same, so there's nothing "out of character" if one Predator's behaviour deviates from the rest.

There could be Predators out there who refuse to hunt intelligent life for moral reasons. Just how there's humans here who refuse to eat meat for moral reasons despite us being predatory omnivores.

Well said. 8)

skhellter

it's totally out of character.

Almost as if.. we were talking about the behaviour of different people.

City Hunter is dead. Getting too hung up on what he did or didnt is a bit nonsensical.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 25, 2017, 07:07:10 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 25, 2017, 07:06:00 PM

Well said. 8)

Thank you.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed