The Predator Set Reports

Started by ace3g, Apr 07, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

Author
The Predator Set Reports (Read 47,109 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 13, 2018, 11:05:50 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 13, 2018, 03:28:53 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Jun 13, 2018, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2018, 12:34:04 AM
I don't think being familiar with their societies inner workings would be a great idea. I think peaking behind the curtain and getting glimpses is far more effective. Dropping hints, and clues, red herrings, potential threads etc, is the far better way to go.

I agree. Seeing too much, especially in a single film, won't be as fun. I hope we never get a movie that takes place on their home planet where their sociological functions are established.

+ 1000

The biggest problem with establishing too much on film is that if it's done poorly and sucks, then it's too late. It's a done deal. Leaving us to imagine some of the motivations ourselves, allows everybody to input their own preferred ideas. Thus satisfying everybody. We already know the predators are a humanoid alien species with superior strength and technology. They arrive on space-ships and hunt humans for sport during times of conflict and in hot/humid environments. That's good enough for me.
This. And have been saying so since about 2003. Keep a mystery, leave it open, do not fill in all the gaps.

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 14, 2018, 06:44:53 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 13, 2018, 11:05:50 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 13, 2018, 03:28:53 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Jun 13, 2018, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2018, 12:34:04 AM
I don't think being familiar with their societies inner workings would be a great idea. I think peaking behind the curtain and getting glimpses is far more effective. Dropping hints, and clues, red herrings, potential threads etc, is the far better way to go.

I agree. Seeing too much, especially in a single film, won't be as fun. I hope we never get a movie that takes place on their home planet where their sociological functions are established.
exactly why fix what isn't broken? But whatever this is what we ended up with. It helps me knowing in a few years all films after predator 2 can be ignored similar to the new Halloween movies decision. That helps me a lot with accepting this film. Just read the script and Jesus Christ just awful

+ 1000

The biggest problem with establishing too much on film is that if it's done poorly and sucks, then it's too late. It's a done deal. Leaving us to imagine some of the motivations ourselves, allows everybody to input their own preferred ideas. Thus satisfying everybody. We already know the predators are a humanoid alien species with superior strength and technology. They arrive on space-ships and hunt humans for sport during times of conflict and in hot/humid environments. That's good enough for me.
This. And have been saying so since about 2003. Keep a mystery, leave it open, do not fill in all the gaps.

von

von

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 14, 2018, 02:25:03 PM
So do we know if
Spoiler
the spider Pred hybrids
[close]
got cut or not? I'm looking forward to some of the crazier stuff.

You can actually see pieces or remnants of those in the leaked set pics and even the footage that's been aired (on the APC)

bobby brown

bobby brown

That could be parts of the dogs as well.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well that's
Spoiler
the scene where the spider and half breed predator creatures make their big attack, kill the army guys (including Olmos' character) and then start hacking through the loonies like no tomorrow.
[close]

It'd be great if the dogs were just made ubiquitous and throughout the film, instead of having the mutants.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 14, 2018, 02:52:21 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 14, 2018, 04:12:11 AM
Probably pretty terrible...

He is in way over his head  :D

Spoiler

Whiney toddlers seem to be present throughout all races of the galaxy.

I searched high and low for the artist and could not find them.
[close]

See now the one in the pic you posted actually reminds me of a female... it's probably those child bearing hips and the fact that it looks like it has dangling earrings.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed