NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 833,489 times)

judge death

judge death

PRices here on necas alien figures are not 80 dollar but around 60 dollar actually, but yeah the rest is true with what others have said about their quality control and the paintjob differs massively between figures.

Mclane I would hate to get the license, they had it before neca and made horrible figures, more like statues and their newer stuff is bad.

Revoltech is good, Hasbro too or Figma are some options.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Actually McFarlane 7" predators from the first AvP movie are quite good and include a lot of goodies and accesories. However, the plastic used for the articulations could break easily with the pass of time and I say this because my Hicks exclusive from McFarlane club broke its arm when I took from the package.

bobby brown

bobby brown

I'm good with all of the above alternatives. But hey, if you dig their products all power to you.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

There are some Kenner remakes I was hoping to see...

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Still Collating... on Dec 08, 2022, 12:37:55 PMI'll say it again. With all of McFarlane's articulation upgrades, I'd give them the license. Same scale as Neca so it can already fit in the existing collection, QC is definitely not worse, maybe better. Their monsters always look great, so Alien and Predator would be perfect. They love doing expanded media versions of characters, so great. At the same price as Hasbro or a slight bit more. A lot cheaper then Neca now. I have bought multiple human characters to be used as generic civilians, company men or mercs in my Alien collection.

The only negatives are the lackluster paint sometimes and not all of their human faces are great. Hasbro does have an edge there as of now.
The paint issue with mcfarlane is to keep the price down for mass retale they could raise it $10 and ad more paint, their sculpting is usually top notch.

judge death

judge death

Mcfarlande alien resurrection figure:

VS

Neca:

Neca outclass them by a mile, at least NEcas can be moved while mcfarlande is more a solid statue and details are bad.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It is worth keeping a mind there is a decade plus difference in those figures. NECA's original AvPR figures are similarly statuesque.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Yeah, McFarlane's old stuff was very statue like and had exaggerated sculpts. Their new stuff has the same range of articulation as Neca, better plastic quality, doesn't brake and good likeness. Some figures have the side eye which is dumb, but not all them get that look. Just for the people who don't have the new McFarlane releases, take a look at these:

McFarlane vs Mattel

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I'm restarting a bit of a neca Alien collection. For a queen I think at first I'm going to opt for the mcfarlane queen. I've complained before about the neca queen and how hard she is to pose, and how her spikes and jaws fall out too easily.

I used to own the mcfarlane queen as well and I totally realize she isn't as screen accurate or poseable as the neca one. But she's much more stable and doesn't have all these pieces that fall off. I also absolutely LOVE the cocooned woman accessory she comes with. Plus, this set today goes for much cheaper than the neca one.

What do you think of my idea?

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

If you want more of a statue, something that's more stable and has neat accessories, yeah, go for the McFarlane one. She ain't accurate and is stylized like most of their old Alien stuff. I much prefer the Neca Queen. She can look wonderful if you fiddle around with posing her. She can be very hard to pose (I put blue sticky tack on her feet so she would stand better), but if that doesn't bother you, her articulation and sculpt is awesome. If those cons would annoy the hell out of you, then she can be a nightmare for some collectors.

bobby brown

bobby brown

I would not recommend the McFarlane queen. that soft rubber on her neck ages badly.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Thanks for the replies!

I went ahead and got the mcfarlane queen... for now, anyway. Might get the neca one eventually too. I've also retained my old alien big chap, the smaller one (bloody) and the 22 inch. I still have the brown ultimate warrior and ultimate dog alien. I dunno if I'll get the new Runner Alien because I love the ultimate. However, I definitely plan to get the other fire team elite aliens, assuming my interests don't change in the mean time. Fire team elite is not available yet on any Canadian stores I see.

I have now collected Apone, Alien 3 Ripley, as well as the weyland utani commando. I also got all 3 of the new AvP arcade aliens. And the silver rhino, as well as night cougar. On the way I have coming Brett, Parker, some eggs and face huggers, the blue exploded Alien, the orange rhino, and unmasked Hicks and Hudson.

I have another question since I am OCD, especially about figures.

What do you guys do with your broken neca figures? Do you just glue them? Replace them? Or use the screw trick?

I'm asking this because while I do heat my figures in water before moving their parts for the first time, I've still ran into some issues. Both of my alien 3 Ripley's hands snapped off. I glued them in place and I guess I'm okay with that. But the razor claws and arachnoid both broke in places too. Razor and arachnoid may have somewhat been my fault, but Ripley wasn't. I am replacing razor claws and arachnoid.

Master

Master

Quote from: StayFrosty on Dec 09, 2022, 08:27:04 PMI'm restarting a bit of a neca Alien collection. For a queen I think at first I'm going to opt for the mcfarlane queen. I've complained before about the neca queen and how hard she is to pose, and how her spikes and jaws fall out too easily.

I used to own the mcfarlane queen as well and I totally realize she isn't as screen accurate or poseable as the neca one. But she's much more stable and doesn't have all these pieces that fall off. I also absolutely LOVE the cocooned woman accessory she comes with. Plus, this set today goes for much cheaper than the neca one.

What do you think of my idea?

NECA Queen is one of the best figures ever made. I have no problems with mine. As outstanding as it can only be.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

McFarlane's recent DOOM Figures might as well be statues too tho

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

Quote from: bobby brown on Dec 11, 2022, 11:16:21 AMI would not recommend the McFarlane queen. that soft rubber on her neck ages badly.
If you keep it out of sunlight, it holds up. I've had mine since 2004 and it's still pristine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed