Does the Predalien have acid blood?

Started by yellow snow predator, Jan 01, 2008, 12:47:56 AM

Author
Does the Predalien have acid blood? (Read 25,159 times)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

a theory backed by nothing :o

so, to sum this up, your theory is: That the pred is so advanced that its DNA has somehow evolved to the point where it can override the aliens DNA to create some unholy abomination that is 50/50 alien pred; or is it more pred? Basically its the same result as if an alien and predator were able to have sex and bore some sort of bastard love child.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

what more could it have take from the dog? It took leg design and means of locomotion, the aliens exoskeleton doesn't need hair (apparently the dreds aren't hair, but something else, w/e.) since it obviously protects from temp. well enough.

Aside from the mandibles and dreds, its got nothing. elongated, crested head, long tail, alien body, inner jaw, etc. The reason it resembles a pred more is because there were more distinct facial features to be had, and since we identify with faces, it seems to resemble a pred more than the dog alien did a dog.

Uncanny Antman

This post by Slugworth should be slotted in between Eidotemit's last two posts:

Quote from: Slugworth on Jan 04, 2008, 05:29:45 AM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Today at 05:30:25 AM

a theory backed by nothing

so, to sum this up, your theory is: That the pred is so advanced that its DNA has somehow evolved to the point where it can override the aliens DNA to create some unholy abomination that is 50/50 alien pred; or is it more pred? Basically its the same result as if an alien and predator were able to have sex and bore some sort of bastard love child.

Do you agree that a Predalien looks more like a Predator  than a Dog Alien looks like a dog??

It cheeses me off when people delete their posts, thus making the other people look like they are arguing with thin air.

Colin_Strause

Quote from: M206 on Jan 03, 2008, 02:13:32 PM
Hello to everyone, in the ending when we see the wolf ripping off the 2nd mouth of chet, why the chet's green blood didn't melt off wolf face/arm/body, ecc ecc??

Maybe Chet has no acid blood??

And this can be noticed too in the predator vision, it shows chet yellow instead of green like the other drones..

Maybe is it due to the predator traits??

Or this is only my impression??

It was suppose to melt off his arm, but again budget issues caused us to not do it. Also, I do feel the rain would help nullify the acid a little bit.

The Predator was also suppose to be totally covered in glowing blood once he burst out of the roof, but we couldn't find a way to make the glowing blood stay with all the rain, so again we have to change our plans.

That Yellow Alien

Hey, just one question.

How does Wolf step on an Alien's head without getting acid on his foot? Budget again?

Colin_Strause

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jan 04, 2008, 07:15:33 AM
Hey, just one question.

How does Wolf step on an Alien's head without getting acid on his foot? Budget again?

No, he has really thick shoes made of the same stuff that the rest of his armor is made of. I don't know why the Predators in the first movie didn't have acid proof armor when that's what they were hunting.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Jan 04, 2008, 07:17:51 AM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jan 04, 2008, 07:15:33 AM
Hey, just one question.

No, he has really thick shoes made of the same stuff that the rest of his armor is made of. I don't know why the Predators in the first movie didn't have acid proof armor when that's what they were hunting.

That's what I thought.

Too bad about the acid melting Wolf's arm though. I would have loved that.

Trioxide

Trioxide

Did you guys also have to change other stuff than what you and your brother originally considered filming?

gases

gases

well there goes my theory but I'm thankful it was a budget thing and not the least bit angry.

Hmm i guess they're entirely made up of acid then...

M206

M206

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Jan 04, 2008, 07:12:56 AM
Hello to everyone, in the ending when we see the wolf ripping off the 2nd mouth of chet, why the chet's green blood didn't melt off wolf face/arm/body, ecc ecc??

And this can be noticed too in the predator vision, it shows chet yellow instead of green like the other drones..

It was suppose to melt off his arm, but again budget issues caused us to not do it. Also, I do feel the rain would help nullify the acid a little bit.

The Predator was also suppose to be totally covered in glowing blood once he burst out of the roof, but we couldn't find a way to make the glowing blood stay with all the rain, so again we have to change our plans.

Many thanks for your reply Mr. Colin. :)

But, since in my country there are a lot of "not so great" fan of the AvP franchise to follow an international forum (all of my friends get all the news from me), maybe could we try to explain this thing in some technical way intead of budget issue?? ;)

I know that's the main problem, but i'm sure that there could be some way to explain this in another way. :)

for example what do you think about my 2nd post:

"but yellow is the colour showed in the predator vision.while regular alien are shown green, even if they have yellow blood..

i'd like to think that this isn't an error, but in this "molting to an adult queen" stage, the predator traits are still dominant regarding the blood, so this Chet have no acid blood but more like predator's blood..Or at least some kind of clone ripley with a very less strong acid's properties that aren't shown on the screen during the fight..or at least no need to show them."

About the thick shoes it's what i've tought too. :)

And even about the other aliens splitting blood with no visible burning effect, i think the most of the people that will see the movie will not argue too much about it..I mean, we all know aliens have acid blood, we don't need to get so much detailed scenes regarding the ground get melted off, i think it's enough the dallas face.. ;)

So about this i'd be not worried.. ;)

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

wolf covered in blood hu from the fall  that woould had been awesoem cuz that must have been a nice fall  ;D ;D

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

That really suck that you couldn't do that, its something that would have been great to see. Maybe you will have a bigger budget when you do AvP3  ;)

Yautja

Yautja

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Jan 04, 2008, 07:17:51 AM

Thank You! It really pissed me off that the Pred's didnt have acid resistant armor in the 1st AvP.

Cellien

Cellien

Could have been cool to see a quick shot of Wolf look down at his arm quickly and show the rain rinsing the acid rapidly with some minimal CG smoke effects.  I know that may cost a little more, but it could have all been done in CGI and being liquid and smoke it could've looked great.  It would have put to rest a lot of concerns as to why his arm was spared.  :) 

2 cents.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Jan 03, 2008, 10:17:44 PM
I wish people would stop trying to rationalize budget issues and production problems by trying to force them into the alien mythos.

Yes, this is not a question of budget, it is a question of script (which they re-wrote) and the convenient plot devices that somehow enabled Wolf to be virtually impervious to Alien blood and Alien attacks... For instance, he picks two Aliens by the throat and for a good two, three seconds, all the Aliens do is squirm and use their inner jaws, even though they have their hands and tails completely free...

I have never seen such a biased take on the two creatures, and worse, in a VERSUS movie, knowing us full well what the Aliens are capable of doing...

THAT is mostly what rendered all the Predator-Alien fights meaningless to me... No tension, no balance, no fun... too dark lit... A disgrace... ::)

AVP had far more respect for BOTH creatures... The Predators were young, inexperienced, but at least two of the three young Predators managed to draw blood on more than one occasion (Celtic drew blood twice at Grid's expense, and Wolf killed one Alien efficiently (the awesome scene with the shuriken cutting through the Alien's head) and from a distance too (cannon shoulder)... Aliens drew Predator blood twice, and instead of killing the humans, they used them for hosts, as they did in Aliens...

So, AVP had far more consideration for both fanbases than the Strause Bros. did...So it still baffles me that PWA still gets so much heat and the Bros. get treated like angels and fans bow to them... even though they have lied to the fans on more than one occasion... Go figure... ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed