Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 44,631 times)

PsyKore

Quote from: Master on Mar 24, 2019, 08:59:11 PM
AvP grown on me with time. Fifteen years later ( fifteen years! God the time runs) we've seen it is hard to do much better and really not that hard to do much worse. It did age well though and still looks fresh. To be honest last years The Predator had subpair cgi compared to teenage AvP.

Which is really sad because it should be quite straightforward to make a really awesome AvP.

Samhain13

Its so easy to screw up with people that are terrible on their job in charge.

Voodoo Magic

LastSurvivor92

I think if you got a director that has a descent track record and knew how to make an in-depth developed story between the Alien and Predators that would be cool. Back in the day I thought even including surviving characters from both the Alien and Predator series and including them in a crossover battle of sorts would be pretty neat.

yhe1

The most annoying thing was that all of AVP's faults were surface level mistakes that could have been easily fixed. Leaner Predators, bio mechanical aliens, more gore and more memorable human characters. It could have been a much better movie

SM

The extra blood in AvP didn't improve it.

The Old One

The Old One

Surface level?

The script is a core obstacle.

The Kurgan

You could certainly improve the movie a little with small tweaks here and there.

But to make it significantly better, it would have to be a completely different movie.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

P-Rock

Do Alien movies really need gore though?

I see people picking AVP-R over AVP because it was gorier. But is that really what makes it better?

Samhain13

I like to see the creatures showing what they are capable of, without the gory its just weird. Something I liked about the games was what the mess you could make with the bodies of your enemies.

The Alien/Predator gore on AVP was quite good, it wouldn't have been the same if it was that blood didn't show up. But the human gore was missing, the chestburst scenes felt weird without it.

AVPR fixed that aspect but it wasn't enough to cover the other issues. But still it wasn't as gore was some games. For me its more about the kills than the gore itself, just repeating the same headbite or plasma shot gets boring, in the games you could see the creatures being more creative.

Voodoo Magic

The AvP fight choreography makes me cringe....

soooo....

much.....

#AVPRallDAY

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 26, 2019, 01:36:47 AM
The AvP fight choreography makes me cringe....

soooo....

much.....

https://expresselevatortohell.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/alien-vs-predator-2004-avp-celtic-vs-grid-imgur.gif?w=500&h=280

#AVPRallDAY

At least the AvP Aliens remembered they had bladed tails.

Samhain13

The normal aliens barely used their tails as weapons before AVP. Well the Predalien remembered how to use it on the end.

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed