Does the Predalien have acid blood?

Started by yellow snow predator, Jan 01, 2008, 12:47:56 AM

Author
Does the Predalien have acid blood? (Read 25,144 times)

predz23

predz23

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Jan 04, 2008, 07:17:51 AM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jan 04, 2008, 07:15:33 AM
Hey, just one question.

How does Wolf step on an Alien's head without getting acid on his foot? Budget again?

No, he has really thick shoes made of the same stuff that the rest of his armor is made of. I don't know why the Predators in the first movie didn't have acid proof armor when that's what they were hunting.

maybe they had to earn it

Otnip

Otnip

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jan 04, 2008, 05:20:39 PM
Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Jan 03, 2008, 10:17:44 PM
I wish people would stop trying to rationalize budget issues and production problems by trying to force them into the alien mythos.

Yes, this is not a question of budget, it is a question of script (which they re-wrote) and the convenient plot devices that somehow enabled Wolf to be virtually impervious to Alien blood and Alien attacks... For instance, he picks two Aliens by the throat and for a good two, three seconds, all the Aliens do is squirm and use their inner jaws, even though they have their hands and tails completely free...

I have never seen such a biased take on the two creatures, and worse, in a VERSUS movie, knowing us full well what the Aliens are capable of doing...

THAT is mostly what rendered all the Predator-Alien fights meaningless to me... No tension, no balance, no fun... too dark lit... A disgrace... ::)

AVP had far more respect for BOTH creatures... The Predators were young, inexperienced, but at least two of the three young Predators managed to draw blood on more than one occasion (Celtic drew blood twice at Grid's expense, and Wolf killed one Alien efficiently (the awesome scene with the shuriken cutting through the Alien's head) and from a distance too (cannon shoulder)... Aliens drew Predator blood twice, and instead of killing the humans, they used them for hosts, as they did in Aliens...

So, AVP had far more consideration for both fanbases than the Strause Bros. did...So it still baffles me that PWA still gets so much heat and the Bros. get treated like angels and fans bow to them... even though they have lied to the fans on more than one occasion... Go figure... ::)

Oh, you again? You may be standing on your podium, but there ain't nobody in the audience.

You haven't said a single thing positive about the movie ever, and even the people who didn't like it liked at least one aspect.

Fox ****ed over new time directors again. Under 40 million dollar budget, suffocating shooting time limits, and options for them to tweak an already tweaked script to get the kind of film (or somewhat close to it) that they wanted. The directors cut was very long then Fox had to get the old pair of scissors out and snip out stuff they dub "insignificant".

Remember how they cut the turrets in the theatrical version of Aliens? Yeah.

We all know they pitched an idea for the space concept with only aliens and predators for 40+ minutes. The kind of movie most fans wanted, right? Colin has stated he likes Aliens the movie better then predator too. HE'S AN ELITE CLEANER FOR GODS SAKE.

The aliens did play a big role in the movie, so quit your bitching. I'm not standing up for Colin, I'm just seeing things with the evidence we have. It's not bias, I like to call it logic.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Jan 04, 2008, 07:12:56 AM
The Predator was also suppose to be totally covered in glowing blood once he burst out of the roof, but we couldn't find a way to make the glowing blood stay with all the rain, so again we have to change our plans.
But that would mean the Alien hurt it! :P

Unless it used its tail to knock him into an industrial sized cheese grater. ;)

gases

gases

Quote from: Otnip on Jan 04, 2008, 05:39:21 PM
I wish people would stop trying to rationalize budget issues and production problems by trying to force them into the alien mythos.

Yes, this is not a question of budget, it is a question of script (which they re-wrote) and the convenient plot devices that somehow enabled Wolf to be virtually impervious to Alien blood and Alien attacks... For instance, he picks two Aliens by the throat and for a good two, three seconds, all the Aliens do is squirm and use their inner jaws, even though they have their hands and tails completely free...

I have never seen such a biased take on the two creatures, and worse, in a VERSUS movie, knowing us full well what the Aliens are capable of doing...

THAT is mostly what rendered all the Predator-Alien fights meaningless to me... No tension, no balance, no fun... too dark lit... A disgrace... ::)

AVP had far more respect for BOTH creatures... The Predators were young, inexperienced, but at least two of the three young Predators managed to draw blood on more than one occasion (Celtic drew blood twice at Grid's expense, and Wolf killed one Alien efficiently (the awesome scene with the shuriken cutting through the Alien's head) and from a distance too (cannon shoulder)... Aliens drew Predator blood twice, and instead of killing the humans, they used them for hosts, as they did in Aliens...

So, AVP had far more consideration for both fanbases than the Strause Bros. did...So it still baffles me that PWA still gets so much heat and the Bros. get treated like angels and fans bow to them... even though they have lied to the fans on more than one occasion... Go figure... ::)

Oh, you again? You may be standing on your podium, but there ain't nobody in the audience.

You haven't said a single thing positive about the movie ever, and even the people who didn't like it liked at least one aspect.

Fox ****ed over new time directors again. Under 40 million dollar budget, suffocating shooting time limits, and options for them to tweak an already tweaked script to get the kind of film (or somewhat close to it) that they wanted. The directors cut was very long then Fox had to get the old pair of scissors out and snip out stuff they dub "insignificant".

Remember how they cut the turrets in the theatrical version of Aliens? Yeah.

We all know they pitched an idea for the space concept with only aliens and predators for 40+ minutes. The kind of movie most fans wanted, right? Colin has stated he likes Aliens the movie better then predator too. HE'S AN ELITE CLEANER FOR GODS SAKE.

The aliens did play a big role in the movie, so quit your bitching. I'm not standing up for Colin, I'm just seeing things with the evidence we have. It's not bias, I like to call it logic.

agreed

SiL

SiL

The directors cut was very long then Fox had to get the old pair of scissors out and snip out stuff they dub "insignificant".
The director's cut was about 100 minutes. And from all accounts, it wasn't just Fox saying cut this, cut that.

QuoteRemember how they cut the turrets in the theatrical version of Aliens? Yeah.
That was Cameron. Fox said the movie needed to be shorter so it could play more times in theaters; Cameron decided what went and what stayed.

QuoteThe kind of movie most fans wanted, right?
The majority seem to realise that an oversaturation of monsters makes them less special.

QuoteHE'S AN ELITE CLEANER FOR GODS SAKE.
And that excuses his opponent's sheer incompetence how, exactly? It's not that Wolf's good. It's that the Aliens suck, and suck hard. There's a difference.

_Pred_Alien_

_Pred_Alien_

No, there isn't anything said here that justifies this response. Don't repeat it. -The Chibi Kiriyama

Otnip

Otnip

Quote from: SiL on Jan 05, 2008, 07:30:33 AM
The directors cut was very long then Fox had to get the old pair of scissors out and snip out stuff they dub "insignificant".
The director's cut was about 100 minutes. And from all accounts, it wasn't just Fox saying cut this, cut that.

QuoteRemember how they cut the turrets in the theatrical version of Aliens? Yeah.
That was Cameron. Fox said the movie needed to be shorter so it could play more times in theaters; Cameron decided what went and what stayed.

QuoteThe kind of movie most fans wanted, right?
The majority seem to realise that an oversaturation of monsters makes them less special.

QuoteHE'S AN ELITE CLEANER FOR GODS SAKE.
And that excuses his opponent's sheer incompetence how, exactly? It's not that Wolf's good. It's that the Aliens suck, and suck hard. There's a difference.

Oh yeah, opps. You're right about the Cameron thing but Fox was still pestering them to delete something. There really isn't one insignificant part of that movie in the directors cut. But from some of Colin's posts there were shots that he wished he could keep.

I was exaggerating a bit about the very long cut of the film. I thought that was a lot when the Curtis and his sister were in the movie though? We'll never be sure. Colin said that he did want to keep the shot of Kelly using that mounted machine gun but it was in the Curtis subplot. That was kind of a hint to me that he wanted to keep it but thought maybe some silly things like that alien surfing on the car should be kept out. Could have deleted the shot and had them nuked anyway. Pretty cheap but pretty easy if you want to keep some good footage.

I agree to a degree about the aliens. Colin said that wolf was using some kind of chokehold thing where it it stops them from moving fully, but that smells a little like bs to me. Aliens got er done with humans though. Tell me that alien taking out the construction worker wasn't sneaky? The pause between the alien grabbing him and headbiting him was a little awkward though.

Spectre

Spectre

Hey Yutani Ditch lets look at a scenario... You are a dumb animal (weaker than a human) and I am a human with a gun who wins... and who felt the Preds got treated badly???

bobcunk

bobcunk

wow if fox gave them more control and more money this would've bee great. lets hope they can reshoot some things for the dvd but i doubt it.

SM

SM

QuoteThats not how they did it im sure.

Yes it IS how they did the acid burns in Alien and Alien3.

Styrofoam and acetone is too expensive these days though.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

^I've got some polystyrene and superglue lying around...reckon they'll maybe use that instead?  ;)

I'm not sure what I paid for it exactly, but it'd be less than two bucks all up.  Might just be able to squeeze it into the budget.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Otnip on Jan 05, 2008, 08:59:59 AM
There really isn't one insignificant part of that movie in the directors cut.
The whole derelict scene ruins the mystery and Ripley's daughter makes Ripley's relationship with Newt seem hollow.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Quote from: M206 on Jan 03, 2008, 02:13:32 PM
Hello to everyone, in the ending when we see the wolf ripping off the 2nd mouth of chet, why the chet's green blood didn't melt off wolf face/arm/body, ecc ecc??

Maybe Chet has no acid blood??

And this can be noticed too in the predator vision, it shows chet yellow instead of green like the other drones..

Maybe is it due to the predator traits??

Or this is only my impression??

At first Chet's blood wasn't green at all.
It was yellow-green.Very little green.
And second Wolf did rip out Chet's tongue and she did spit blood,but the blood didn't get on Wolf's hands or body.Chet was a little away from him.

Porkus Maximus

Quoteand Ripley's daughter makes Ripley's relationship with Newt seem hollow.

How does it make it hollow?

Uncanny Antman

Because Newt becomes a painfully obvious stand-in for Amanda.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed