Does the Predalien have acid blood?

Started by yellow snow predator, Jan 01, 2008, 12:47:56 AM

Author
Does the Predalien have acid blood? (Read 25,113 times)

yellow snow predator

ok i haven't seen it yet and just wondered if the Predalien had acid blood. Like i said eariler plz no spoilers

The Chibi Kiriyama

From what I can tell, it doesn't. But then again, there's a point once reached in the film where the acid blood seems to be active on a whim.

Bishop2

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 01, 2008, 12:49:42 AM
From what I can tell, it doesn't. But then again, there's a point once reached in the film where the acid blood seems to be active on a whim.

Exactly.  I'm guessing it definitely does, we just don't get to see it do anything to anybody because, well, by that point the acid blood seems to have been pretty much forgotten about entirely. 

Spectre

Quote from: yellow_snow_predator on Jan 01, 2008, 12:47:56 AM
ok i haven't seen it yet and just wondered if the Predalien had acid blood. Like i said eariler plz no spoilers

Yes and im 100% sure because of what happens in one scene

gases

Quote from: Bishop2 on Jan 01, 2008, 12:52:00 AM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 01, 2008, 12:49:42 AM

Exactly.  I'm guessing it definitely does, we just don't get to see it do anything to anybody because, well, by that point the acid blood seems to have been pretty much forgotten about entirely. 

*Minor spoiler but shown in trailers*

Some of it was budget contraints that Colin mentioned it costs thousands of dollars for acid effects. And if your referring to the part about the predalien and the tounge I think acid is a defencive mechanism and not "blood" and should not come out if an internal organ was sliced open. See the open face hugger to see they aren't made of acid. Therefore you should not expect a defencive layer where it was when wolf did his thing.

Tell me otherwise.

SiL

Colin said it'd cost a few thousand to melt the chopper, that was all.

The Chibi Kiriyama

QuoteSome of it was budget contraints that Colin mentioned it costs thousands of dollars for acid effects.

I'm aware of this. I'm just stating that it stops being effective, not that I don't know the practical reason why.

QuoteAnd if your referring to the part about the predalien and the tounge I think acid is a defencive mechanism and not "blood" and should not come out if an internal organ was sliced open.

Blood comes out. It's the same coloration as the fluid we see on it's chest. The trading card on which we first learned about the sequence even states it to be a torrent of blood. There's no way around it.

echobbase79

Maybe Wolf was supposed to get acid burned really bad again but they didn't have the money to do that either.

M206

M206

Hello to everyone, in the ending when we see the wolf ripping off the 2nd mouth of chet, why the chet's green blood didn't melt off wolf face/arm/body, ecc ecc??

Maybe Chet has no acid blood??

And this can be noticed too in the predator vision, it shows chet yellow instead of green like the other drones..

Maybe is it due to the predator traits??

Or this is only my impression??

gases

gases

Quote from: M206 on Jan 03, 2008, 02:13:32 PM
Hello to everyone, in the ending when we see the wolf ripping off the 2nd mouth of chet, why the chet's green blood didn't melt off wolf face/arm/body, ecc ecc??

Maybe Chet has no acid blood??

And this can be noticed too in the predator vision, it shows chet yellow instead of green like the other drones..

Maybe is it due to the predator traits??

Or this is only my impression??

Theres no reason to suggest the aliens entire make up is acid, you could see this from the facehugger when dissected. As a "defence mechanism" it's believable that the acid is a layer around the skin that wouldnt extend to inside the alien. So personally I don't think they are completely acid, which is stupid for my logic, and therefore shouldn't bleed acid if their tounge was damaged, which is on the inside of their body and unlikely to be damaged.

M206

M206

interesting.. :)

but i remember in A:R when the 2 aliens bited to death the 3rd one, and all its internal organs melt off the cage so the other 2 could escape.. ???

uhm.. ???

gases

gases

Quote from: M206 on Jan 03, 2008, 02:23:07 PM
interesting.. :)

but i remember in A:R when the 2 aliens bited to death the 3rd one, and all its internal organs melt off the cage so the other 2 could escape.. ???

uhm.. ???

Yeah but the blood spilled from the outer defencive layer would be surrounding the organs and splash everywere. I just see it stupid as having their whole body being made of acid blood, when an outer defencive layer works perfectly.

Twin-Shot

Twin-Shot

Well Predator blood is supposed to be able to neutralise the acid blood of Xenos so put them together the Predalien and it kinda makes sense they'd cancel each other out.

Thedus

Thedus

Whether you see it as stupid or not doesn't really change the fact that it's well established in the alien mythos that they have acidic blood.  And the folks that have made the films have even stated this.  And ALIEN3 establishes that the corrosive aspects of their internal fluids are seen elsewhere in their biology (i.e. - when the alien spits in Murphy's face) - which is then seen again in AR.  And in AVP Scar demonstrates the acidic properties of the alien's blood to Lex.  And Bishop even makes the observation that the alien's blood oxidizes after death, completely neutralizing it.

Yes, Wolf's arm should have melted away (if nothing else he should have been burned when he rammed his wrist blades up through Chet's head... but nothing), just like the windshield and nose of the helicopter should have been damaged when Kelly shot the alien, just like the alien Wolf cut in to pieces with the whip should have melted through the roof of the hospital, just like there should have been deep pitting at the edge of the pool where Wolf killed the alien.  The alien's blood was only corrosive when it was convenient to the VFX and budget of the film - which Colin even verified here in the forums.

Porkus Maximus

Aliens are obviously immune to their own acidic blood so why anyone thinks the Predalien would suddenly start to melt is beyond me.  Although it's never stated as cold hard fact, I think it's made fairly clear that the acid is not just an outer defense mechanism but it is actually part of a circulatory system.  Gases is forgetting that Bishop states that the acid oxidises and therefor neutralises soon after the creatures death which is why the facehugger could be disected.  The simply fact is that the directors wanted to have the Predalien vomiting blood everywhere because it would look "cool" but they couldn't afford to have it melting holes in everything, same way they wanted an Alien to jump into the helicopter but couldn't afford to melt it.  They just basically ignore the fact the Alien should have acidic blood and hope we'll just overlook it.  Apparently using common sense and taking the approach of "If we can't afford to do something we shouldn't do it" was not an option.  ::)

EDIT:  Thedus beat me too it, shouldn't have gone to make a cup of tea mid-post. :p

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed