Thomas Jane Talks Character’s Backstory in The Predator

Started by ace3g, Oct 29, 2017, 07:02:35 PM

Author
Thomas Jane Talks Character’s Backstory in The Predator (Read 27,938 times)

overthere

This is going to be a fun movie.

Master

Spoiler
Spoiler
Yeah, kid flying prefator ship. So awesome! Such hit!
[close]
[close]

KiramidHead

For less than half a page, and it doesn't go very well.

Master

Who cares, it's tip of the iceberg. Version I had is full of such dumb scenes.

black

I'm generally scared to think how they will portray the
Spoiler
cabin
[close]
of the ship, given such circumstances.

So

Do you not like that an autistic kid is the only one smart enough ? Or that it is a kid or just that a human flys a ship ?

I grew up in the 80's  and i am fine with this even if it is not an ideal idea
I can think of two movies i liked growing up with kids doing just this.
It is only a small part of the plot from what i gather ?

And it is not as dumb as a predator making out with lex at the end of avp and i have sat through that hunk of junk more times than i like to think

KiramidHead

Having kids in the movie takes away from MUH MACHO MANZ. :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Not worried on Nov 01, 2017, 03:45:50 PM
The only thing off to me is predators in pants but i bet it will come off as a funny moment and make sense in the film..
Also a kid who bullys an autistic and gets his head blown off sounds awesome

A predator ia a suburb would come off like a slasher film in a way i think. And could be very creepy to think of a predator stalking or sneaking  in a home if for only a portion of the films location.

All comes down to how you film it and what you show or how you show it

I don't remember precisely of a scene where we have a predator stalking people in the old fashioned way in a  suburb.I mean clearly HUNTING people the way we are used to see them do. It was more action sequences happening in this location, IIRC.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Is there any chances that they dont use the previously leaked script for the movie? Robert Rodrigues original script was also crazy and totally incompetent with rest of the Predator universe, and how it ends? They dont even use it. If they really use the script we saw, than I would be hardly dissapointed, it will kill me as a big Predator fan.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Petr Švancara on Nov 02, 2017, 01:57:47 PM
Is there any chances that they dont use the previously leaked script for the movie? Robert Rodrigues original script was also crazy and totally incompetent with rest of the Predator universe, and how it ends? They dont even use it. If they really use the script we saw, than I would be hardly dissapointed, it will kill me as a big Predator fan.

I think they will use most of what we know now, but for me it depends greatly on the execution. All evidence (the actors, locations photos) points toward the fact that this script is going to be what we will have on screen, maybe with some changes though, but i think the core of the story will not be massively changed.

Vin

Vin

I love Thomas Jane. He was the finest Punisher, still to this day.

But this Predator movie looks just absolutely horrible. Like something for moms and kids to have a "spooky night" with a hot tub of popcorn.

Me and my friend as kids watched the first 2 Predators, and what them so scary was they hunted you. They hunted people like people would hunt a deer or wolf. They used hunting tricks, bait, different weapons, camo, all that. And they were more advanced, they were superior hunting experts who were religious and had a strong, deep culture that made them feel like so much more.

Predator should be where the hunting tricks get amped up even further. Have "human decoys" that don't look fake till you walk up on them. That's horrifying. Have scents and sounds like a warm camp fire or something relaxing wafting through the air to get you to come to it, only for you to be staring at a tree with a sound and scent box. Maybe go to drink out of your canteen and get hooked in the mouth, or something. Something truly horrifying like that episode of Rocko's Modern Life when the fish were hunting the fishermen. It was kind of funny, but really frightening.
Let there be maybe 4 or 5 of them. They said the original Predator was based on South American head hunters and tribal masks. Why not expand on that? Do away completely with that stupid, cringey stuff and give them much more tribal looking masks. Let them be more spiritual and superstitious rather than "bad ass samurai celt" shit. Let us see more of them as a spiritual, foreign, and complicated peoples who still see us as just deer to hunt. It's horrifying and exciting at the same time. Base them more on Australian Aborigines and South American Indians rather than "fad of the year". Let them have a female predator with them (according to comics, they were twice as big as the males) but she's sort of a "grandmother", or holy shaman woman, who gives spiritual whatever while they hunt.

Thats a story. Not this...suburban 13 year old power fantasy fan-fic.

So you want more beefcake.
I think you judge this movie too harshly before viewing
Everyone here i am sure has a idea they think is better then what we get to see.
But get over it because untill this is panned and flops
We should be glad this is happening at all with this range of talent working on it

You sound unhappy with more then just this script
Perhaps take a look in the mirror and get some therapy

von

von

Would've been better if you'd saved your rant for AFTER the film is released

skhellter

Quote from: Vin on Nov 04, 2017, 06:34:35 AM
watched the first 2 Predators, and what them so scary was they hunted you.

:laugh:

Predator was never a scary franchise. ::)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 05, 2017, 02:19:49 PM
Quote from: Vin on Nov 04, 2017, 06:34:35 AM
watched the first 2 Predators, and what them so scary was they hunted you.

:laugh:

Predator was never a scary franchise. ::)

To be fair, we can say that they had some fear elements, but i agree that it's not classical scary movies yes.

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't classify Predator as scary either. He was never horror.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed