Is The Beast Cooked? (And Alien and Predator Under The House That Mickey Built) - AvPGalaxy Podcast #58

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 16, 2017, 06:40:24 AM

Author
Is The Beast Cooked? (And Alien and Predator Under The House That Mickey Built) - AvPGalaxy Podcast #58 (Read 29,037 times)

PsyKore

Ridley, it's not the beast itself, it's the way you depicted it in a boring fashion like a typical monster. I still respect Ridley Scott and love his ideas but he handled the adult Alien wrong, IMO. The Alien shouldn't be shown just mindlessly running at things.

Highland

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Nov 24, 2017, 09:08:10 PM
Weyland was never proud of David, he was proud of himself. Weyland is a complete narcissist, he's incapable of loving his own daughter never mind an android.

The line makes perfect sense when the 'family' dynamic is as dysfunctional as Davids.

Only if David is a human.

SM

SM

Why only if he's human?

skhellter

wut?

there's tons of flaws with the prequel films... 
but some of these criticisms are downright silly.  :D

Highland

Quote from: SM on Nov 27, 2017, 11:31:37 PM
Why only if he's human?

Well he's supposed to understand human emotions, but not feel them. So the act of treating him like a pile of dung should have no impact to his thoughts.

SM

SM

Quite.  But as we see in Covenant he knows he's superior to his creator, but has to continually play the servant.

I'm wondering if the thing about not being able to feel is a ruse.  He has a desire to create, but suppresses it just as he suppresses his own superiority.

Highland

Just caught up on the pod. Some good suggestions in there, Neil Marshall was someone I didn't think about. Good choice, dunno if he could pull off the characters though, maybe if it was more action orientated.

Corporal Hicks

So I was just reminded about some insider comments we'd heard about Scott and Alien 5. It sounds like there may have been some dick moves from Scott in regards to getting Alienkamp pushed to the side.  :-\

SM

SM

What qualifies as "dick move"?

Corporal Hicks

That he was pushing Fox to ditch Blomkamp's film in favour of his prequels and that Scott wasn't even really pushing forward on his films until he saw all the buzz around Alienkamp. How true this is, I don't know but I'm pretty confident with the source.

SM

SM

Advantages of seniority and a proven track record and awards vs. a guy who made one good movie and two average ones.  He should let the new guy take over just 'cos?

skhellter

not just cos

just cos HIX AND NUT! That's what the realtrufanswant!1

At least Ridley isnt rushing to make ALIENS2:BATTLE4EARF!1 ::)

OpenMaw

That's... Hyperbole.

I don't think Blomkamp intended to make "Aliens 2."

skhellter

he just had Hix and Nut concept art done to bring
2 James Cameron characters
back from the dead and delete 2 nonjamescameron films out of the canon.

:laugh:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

you guys don't mind skhellter, he's still salty about a never-made film that would have retconned MUH ALIEN3 from continuity

I'm surprised the percentage of sodium chloride in his blood hasn't killed him already

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed