Spolers}ENDING{Spoilers

Started by PrivateHudson87, Feb 08, 2013, 08:17:04 PM

Plainly obvious at this point like it or don't like it?

Like it.
4 (9.3%)
Don't like it.
27 (62.8%)
Doesn't matter I'm getting it anyway!
9 (20.9%)
On the fence.
3 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author
Spolers}ENDING{Spoilers (Read 10,615 times)

szkoki

szkoki

I HAVE ONE QUESTION!!!

why did u want to kill the queen???!!! she looks extreamly innocent and adorable, she doesnt even attempt to hurt you, shes just wandering around in there  and u bastard killed her!!!!!!!

Spoiler
EPIC FAIL :D ...heads have to fall...this game is utter shit comparing the time the developers had and what publisher it had...not one who doesnt have the bucks to deliver a good game tbh...
[close]

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

cancelled pre order..

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

The season pass description seems to indicate that there will be more campaign missions, so there might be more story that salvages this... hopefully >__>

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 08, 2013, 11:47:32 PM
The season pass description seems to indicate that there will be more campaign missions, so there might be more story that salvages this... hopefully >__>

Which is f**king bullshit.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

DLC? To what? Give them more money?

No, Give us a SDK if you really love ALIENS as we do.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 08, 2013, 11:12:19 PM
Michael WEYLAND? Great, just what the authentic sequel needed, an AVP reference. Why. Bishop was never related to the any of the company's founders before the AVP movie.

Yes, actually, they were. It was fiercely contested on the Internet, even before 'Alien Resurrection' was released. All the first of the AVP films did was to raise the issue on film, that's all. The was-Bishop-2-an-advanced-synthetic thing is probably only second to how-did-the-egg-get-there, in terms of hot debates.

Can even remember it coming up several times in the old Dark Horse comics from the nineties, on the letters page. It's that old. :)

The only thing they've taken from the film would be the first name - and it's as good a one to choose as any.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

i wanna see a vid when we 1st meet... u know who

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 08, 2013, 11:55:51 PM
SEGA just confirmed like 20 minutes ago that there will be more campaign missions in the DLC packs.

PrivateHudson87

PrivateHudson87

are they even gonna give out sdk I haven't heard anything on that if so I'm gonna pick up a pc copy as well.

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 09, 2013, 12:10:39 AM
SEGA just confirmed like 20 minutes ago that there will be more campaign missions in the DLC packs.

The question is will it continue the campaign or feature parts in the main game that were released in the first place.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 09, 2013, 12:10:39 AM

Oh, I wasn't denying that they weren't going to make campaign DLC. I was mainly calling bullshit if the dlc would actually add anything that they decided not to add for the launch day, that in itself is what I called BS on.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

oh, it's totally bullsh!t, I agree. I just thought people might be interested in the confirmation.

/shrugs

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 08, 2013, 11:57:18 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 08, 2013, 11:12:19 PM
Michael WEYLAND? Great, just what the authentic sequel needed, an AVP reference. Why. Bishop was never related to the any of the company's founders before the AVP movie.

Yes, actually, they were. It was fiercely contested on the Internet, even before 'Alien Resurrection' was released. All the first of the AVP films did was to raise the issue on film, that's all. The was-Bishop-2-an-advanced-synthetic thing is probably only second to how-did-the-egg-get-there, in terms of hot debates.

Can even remember it coming up several times in the old Dark Horse comics from the nineties, on the letters page. It's that old. :)

The only thing they've taken from the film would be the first name - and it's as good a one to choose as any.

Why would anyone debating assume the connection between Bishop "being" a Weyland? Just asking, your post confuses me a little because you bring up Bisop II being a sophisticated android - what does that have to do with my Weyland problem?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Because the Weyland possibility was raised way back when, too. ;)

Not as much, but it still hovered around. I should've made that clearer, apologies.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Just watched the ending because I don't care about spoilers, and the more I think about it the only part that really annoys me is that they changed his name from Michael Bishop to Michael Weyland.

Having said that, I do think it's funny that they've followed in the footsteps of the AvP movie and AvP2010 game in showing that Lance Henriksen is the "face" of the Company (and furthermore with AvP2010, that he often has synthetic stand-ins for himself).

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

QuoteJust watched the ending because I don't care about spoilers, and the more I think about it the only part that really annoys me is that they changed his name from Michael Bishop to Michael Weyland.

Having said that, I do think it's funny that they've followed in the footsteps of the AvP movie and AvP2010 game in showing that Lance Henriksen is the "face" of the Company (and furthermore with AvP2010, that he often has synthetic stand-ins for himself).

Technically Henrikson was the "face" of the company, at least in a metaphorical sense. Up until the ending of Alien 3 we never really had any direct contact with the company other than by proxy with Burke and Ash and Special Order 937. The Bishop character and commando team seemed to directly represent the threat and interests of the otherwise faceless Company. The writers of all these sequels don't seem to pick up on that basic bit of storytelling methodology and confuse it for "oh look, that guy seems like a major baddy, he must be the CEO of weyland! Let's write that in our sequel"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed