Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,466 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 17, 2013, 06:58:41 PM

But that's who the game is obviously marketed at mate, same as Gearbox and Randy Pitchford have proved themselves to be.

They're not Aliens fans, they're fans of Hudson from the first twenty minutes after they awake from Cryo.
:D Great post was great.

Look into my eye.

It does seem like they may have only watched the first half of the film...

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 17, 2013, 07:24:52 PM
Quote from: Elicas on Feb 17, 2013, 06:58:41 PM

But that's who the game is obviously marketed at mate, same as Gearbox and Randy Pitchford have proved themselves to be.

They're not Aliens fans, they're fans of Hudson from the first twenty minutes after they awake from Cryo.
:D Great post was great.

Look into my eye.

http://www.mrnuke.com/pics/apone1.jpg

It does seem like they may have only watched the first half of the film...

Lol thanks.

I get the impression Randy is still like a 14 year old, attempting to put himself in the story. When they're getting their asses kicked in the Hive, he basically wanted to say "f**k this shit guys, we're marines, like, oorah to ashes. SMARTGUNZ AND PULSE RIFLES f**k YEAH ALIENZ DEAD!" I can see him being the kinda guy who sulked at the end of the film when Hudson gets bumf**ked, then sobbed hysterically during Alien 3 when Hicks got killed.

In fact there are more than a few people on this very forum still whining about Hicks death some twenty years later. This is who the game was directed at, those who just can't let go and accept the fact that the marines, they went and done and lost.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Here's my review...

Finished the Marine campaign in 8 hours.

That is seriously RI-DAMN-DICULOUS!

This game was a FAIL!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 17, 2013, 07:32:52 PM
Here's my review...

Finished the Marine campaign in 8 hours.

That is seriously RI-DAMN-DICULOUS!

This game was a FAIL!

QFT

Dusk

Dusk

8 hours seems pretty good actually, for linear shooter. Though when you realize you can actually blast through it in 4-6 hours, it looks different.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I can forgive games being that short, if they're actually fun to play. A game being short but fun goes a long way for me.

Dusk

Dusk

True. I remember days when I finished Neversoft's Spider-Man on the PS1, like twice a day. Maybe even 3 times, I'm not sure. It was short, but so much fun that I played through it again, and again, and again. I don't think I've ever finished a game as often as that one.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 17, 2013, 07:53:49 PM
True. I remember days when I finished Neversoft's Spider-Man on the PS1, like twice a day. Maybe even 3 times, I'm not sure. It was short, but so much fun that I played through it again, and again, and again. I don't think I've ever finished a game as often as that one.

Agreed, that game was played to death when I had it, such good times.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

The worst thing is you can never fail a QTE showdown with a facehugger...nor with any of the adult species for that matter...unless you really try hard NOT TO.

Dusk

Dusk

Man, that stuff should just be instant death. The only way QTEs should be involved, is if it's a co-op sequence. Would have been awesome if they made it like the movie. You have a Facehugger jump at you, and got seconds left, to have another player aid you, to pull it off, and throw it a safe distance away, so you can shoot it.

And regular Aliens? If it were up to me, I would have added a context sensitive action. By yourself, you don't have a chance. The Alien is on you and mauls you till your health depletes completely. Another player can get it off, but only by using his entire weight and drop kicking it off you. But the action causes you to end up on the ground as well. Non of that stupid pushing it off or pistol whipping it.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 17, 2013, 08:55:19 PM
Man, that stuff should just be instant death. The only way QTEs should be involved, is if it's a co-op sequence. Would have been awesome if they made it like the movie. You have a Facehugger jump at you, and got seconds left, to have another player aid you, to pull it off, and throw it a safe distance away, so you can shoot it.

And regular Aliens? If it were up to me, I would have added a context sensitive action. By yourself, you don't have a chance. The Alien is on you and mauls you till your health depletes completely. Another player can get it off, but only by using his entire weight and drop kicking it off you. But the action causes you to end up on the ground as well. Non of that stupid pushing it off or pistol whipping it.

That's way too cool, dude. Can't be having that.

Then you could add things like a Facehugger-protective mask (Alien3 WY commandos) that a buddy could help with tearing off the hugger. Or that another Alien could remove from your face..

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

If the masks Weyland-Yutani personnel are wearing in their cocoons are any indication, this generation of facehuggers have developed the ability to teleport through them with ease! :laugh:

Not that wearing anything over the face helped Kane much...

Dusk

Dusk

Yeah, they just melt through whatever is in the way.

SM

SM

'Cept cryotube glass...

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Okay my review has gone down to a 5/10 due to the escape mode being f**king ridiculous for the Xeno's! Also after watching some of the pre release footage (demo and such) this game did get f**ked over. I never watched to much of that stuff because I wanted to be surprised and everything to be new.... now seeing what everything should have been...... shame on your Gearbox!

Graphics still dont bother me one bit though, think there is some good art style in many parts!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed