Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,787 times)

RubberChickenMan

RubberChickenMan

Ok ok so earlier I gave the game an 8.5 before beating the game. Not that I have encountered the final boss and beat it here's my review.

was desperate for a good aliens game I really wanted this to be good. Heck I actually did enjoy the first couple of chapters. But it kept getting worse and worse as I was going on.

Glitches galore! Story was ok at first but when we got to hicks...lol. Guns felt good even better than avp2010. Aliens are aggressive until they get stuck in a wall and start having a xenoseizure.

5/10

The Runner

The Runner

I had an alien floating midair.  :o

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: The Runner on Feb 16, 2013, 04:40:25 PM
I had an alien floating midair.  :o
That was because of the radiation.... I think...

Dusk

Dusk

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

You know, when this game inevitably goes on Steam sale for 75% off I may pick this up just to giggle at the AI and bugs.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Well finally got around to beating it.

PC REVIEW!

Bug issues that i encountered
- ZERO

Problem with the game that i did have:
-The Aliens AI bothered me and i truly wished they were smarter but they tried :P
-The boiler level was super boring and not frightening.
-The Cut Scenes had horrible graphics.
-SOME textures were really bad but not a big deal to me (computer screens, misc items)

I never planned on the story to be mind blowing so i had pretty damn low expectations from the start. It's a game.... I was never going to accept it as a sequel to ALIENS. But that's just me.

I feel very lucky for not experiencing all these issues people are having with the game. The game it self ran very smooth for me and the graphics maxed out on the PC were not bad at all (like i said except for some textures). My marine AI never shot at walls or did stupid things. They had dead shot accuracy and never strayed or anything. I never had and alien, marine, or WY solider get stuck in or around anything.

The Multiplayer is very fun to play with friends. Me and my clan on steam have been wrecking shit and communicating with teamspeak.... such a blast.

Problems i do have with multiplayer:
-few maps
-Alien wall climbing needs to get patched (i've gotten use to it but by all means it should be no wear as awkward as it is)

Ratings:
Graphics: 7.5
Sound: 8
Campaign: 5 (With friends playing in your squad i'd boost this score up to a 7 just for fun factor)
Multiplayer: 7.5

OVERALL: 7/10 From the Psycho!

The multiplayer player really helps save the game for me from such a weak boring campaign!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Great review, Psycho. 8) Glad you're having some fun with it. I'd be all up in that if you were on Xbox or I had a PC. :laugh:

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

That one part in the E3 demo with the marine character and his middle finger has more marine character then the entire game has haha. I know its from Angry Joe, but its kinda true, epsecially after looking at the retard o'neal.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Guts on Feb 16, 2013, 06:16:08 PM
That one part in the E3 demo with the marine character and his middle finger has more marine character then the entire game has haha. I know its from Angry Joe, but its kinda true, epsecially after looking at the retard o'neal.

It really is true, there's more personality there than in anything else I have seen since this game's release.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

I really liked that bit of dialogue between the two marines from the E3 demo. I really did.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: RazorSlash on Feb 16, 2013, 07:51:29 PM
I really liked that bit of dialogue between the two marines from the E3 demo. I really did.

We can only hope that THIS game gets made one day.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

The only thing this game has done is that now my friends taunt me about it's existence when we play PS All-Stars, which in turn causes me to shout "SIX YEARS" uncontrollably and proceed to target everything in-game in a blind rage.

This is how I cope.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

So is it worth DLing the demo, then?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Feb 16, 2013, 08:22:39 PM
So is it worth DLing the demo, then?

There's a demo?

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Oh, I assumed the demo everyone was referring as being so different from the game was readily available. I haven't paid much attention to the game up to now really as I wasn't into another FPS.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed