Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 219,836 times)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Feb 14, 2013, 12:24:20 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 14, 2013, 12:17:59 AM
Why would you pre order it at all?

Because I was promise a authentic and true alien experience instead got a below average game that down grades are beloved aliens.  I refuse to put out any more money to only get crap in return.

You didn't get it at all. You cancelled your order.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Well this game has been advertised poorly, and even misrepresented so that is reason enough,  I don't see any reason not too cancel

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

A lot of the reviews have some fundamental problems:

1 - They don't play it on a difficulty that makes the game challenging, or the Xenomorphs remotely dangerous, then they bitch that it was too easy. How could you bitch about how easy a game was without playing it on the hardest difficulty setting?

2 - Hardly any of the reviewers even mention the multiplayer, other than to say "oh it's pretty alright" and move on, which is hilarious give the amount of content actually in the multiplayer portion of the game. By all rights, that's the main focus here, and the campaign is just an afterthought typical CoD or BF style. But no, people have to shit themselves over the campaign mode.

Campaigns usually suck ass anyway. These reviewers are mostly losers for not delving deeper into what the mp had to offer. They played the campaign and ragequit, shitting all over the game like the most butthurt fanboys.

Sad, but let's hope players stick around. My games have been all full so far, and I've hardly had any problems with people dropping out.

No worse than a lot of other games that get better scores, people just like to shit on it because of the hype they tried to build. It's by no means a 2/10, but in order to realize that you have to play mp.

Might as well play through the Battlefield 3 campaign on normal and then say the whole game is a piece of shit. ::)

I'm an avid gamer, and with friends, the mp is waaaaay more fun than a lot of stuff out there. Sad that so many fans are going to miss out because of Johnny Wackit's IGN review with about 20 minutes of multiplayer under his belt.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 14, 2013, 12:25:39 AM

Because I was promise a authentic and true alien experience instead got a below average game that down grades are beloved aliens.  I refuse to put out any more money to only get crap in return.
I stopped believing that shit they were sprouting a long time ago, but back to the point. Why would you pre-order ANY game that you have no knowledge about?
[/quote

I answered that which I have knowledge of this game for years plus the demo the showed awhile back was great and not what we got now.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think the graphics look alright. They look like most games on the PS3/360 in the past recent years. Not as great as Far Cry 2 & 3 or Halo 4, but I don't think they look that awful in my opinion.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 14, 2013, 12:27:30 AM
A lot of the reviews have some fundamental problems:

1 - They don't play it on a difficulty that makes the game challenging, or the Xenomorphs remotely dangerous, then they bitch that it was too easy. How could you bitch about how easy a game was without playing it on the hardest difficulty setting?

2 - Hardly any of the reviewers even mention the multiplayer, other than to say "oh it's pretty alright" and move on, which is hilarious give the amount of content actually in the multiplayer portion of the game. By all rights, that's the main focus here, and the campaign is just an afterthought typical CoD or BF style. But no, people have to shit themselves over the campaign mode.

Campaigns usually suck ass anyway. These reviewers are mostly losers for not delving deeper into what the mp had to offer. They played the campaign and ragequit, shitting all over the game like the most butthurt fanboys.

Sad, but let's hope players stick around. My games have been all full so far, and I've hardly had any problems with people dropping out.

No worse than a lot of other games that get better scores, people just like to shit on it because of the hype they tried to build. It's by no means a 2/10, but in order to realize that you have to play mp.

Might as well play through the Battlefield 3 campaign on normal and then say the whole game is a piece of shit. ::)

I'm an avid gamer, and with friends, the mp is waaaaay more fun than a lot of stuff out there. Sad that so many fans are going to miss out because of Johnny Wackit's IGN review with about 20 minutes of multiplayer under his belt.

Exactly!

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

The reviews had every right to call out single player, it is the focus of the game, and polish in cod and battlefield  games is what stops the single player getting criticised. They sold you a tence exiting sequel, we got a passable mp that has little depth and only 4 modes.

I enjoy the game but your defence of it while it isn't wrong the way you blame the reviewers is insane and almost contridictory.

The difficulty point is fair enough, but they play all there games on the same setting so it doesn't stand up. playing cod on medium and this on medium should be relatively similar so when they say it's too easy it is relative to other games on this setting, you cant expect them to go threw on badass mode and go it's the hardest game of all time,.. Get realistic

Just because campaigns 'suck ass' doesn't mean you forgive it esspecially when your game is sold as a sequel and story driven game. Thats like saying this episode sucked but it's alright because and episode of that tv show sucked as well, its not really the way you should look at it

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

You shouldn't have to play on the hardest difficulty to get a "challenge".  The hardest difficulty should be MORE than just a challenge, it should be really f**king hard! The problem with modern video games is that they are now developed more like an interactive movie experience rather than a GAME where you can actually LOSE. So unless you put games on the aboslute hardest setting you are going to coast through it with minimal problems.

pixelbaron

pixelbaron

His complaint that reviewers don't play on the hardest difficulty for a challenge doesn't even matter because Ultimate Badass is still a cakewalk and the AI is still absolutely dreadful.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Feb 14, 2013, 12:27:53 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 14, 2013, 12:25:39 AM

I stopped believing that shit they were sprouting a long time ago, but back to the point. Why would you pre-order ANY game that you have no knowledge about?

I answered that which I have knowledge of this game for years plus the demo the showed awhile back was great and not what we got now.
Did you ever actually PLAY the game before you got it? No? Then you had no idea what you were getting since the demos were nothing like the actual game.

Quote from: pixelbaron on Feb 14, 2013, 12:39:42 AM
His complaint that reviewers don't play on the hardest difficulty for a challenge doesn't even matter because Ultimate Badass is still a cakewalk and the AI is still absolutely dreadful.
The only difference between Recruit and Ultimate Badass is a little more acid damage, more cheap kills, and no hud.

And stuff

And stuff

Most people don't play games like this for the MP element, unless it's co-op campaign.  The devs should've scrapped the versus modes and focused on the single player and couch-co-op aspects.

Unfortunately the campaign did end up like a CoD style "afterthought", which is exactly what ruined it.   :-\

Edit:  You should read the IGN review and you'll see what I mean.  The MP might be okay in this installment, but most games aren't about the MP.  At least not non-competitive ones.

pixelbaron

pixelbaron

The drop-in/drop-out co-op campaign was the big draw for this game and that's what I recall the developers really putting the spotlight on as news filtered out about its development.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I think the COD games are easy as hell on normal, then on veteran they're frustratingly impossible. Hardened is the only difficulty I can stand, but the settings are wack. They just make a tighter experience, but that says nothing for the AI or the actual creativity or non-linearity of the campaign.

I agree that you shouldn't have to play a game on hard for it to be challenging, but if that's such a big complaint, you owe the game more than not even trying this specific mode that makes the entire game more difficult. If I were a reviewer, I would certainly do that and then inform my readers how I felt about normal mode.

and I'm not saying to "forgive" the campaign, I'm saying "forgive" the bloody multiplayer, because it's awesome. It has quite a bit of depth, more than the average shooter these days, and the different modes go a long way. Call of Duty has plenty of modes, most being the simple difference between objective locations, weapon loadouts, and other gimmicks all on the same maps that hardly qualify as "different modes."

I mean they're a nice switch, but unless you play mad Search & Destroy, you still do the same things ever... bloody... time. Aliens has proven to offer a lot of variety so far, lots of weapons, skills, set-ups, and strategies.

And the best part is, none of you really know, because none of you have really played it ;)

Quote from: And stuff on Feb 14, 2013, 12:42:41 AM

Most people don't play games like this for the MP element, unless it's co-op campaign.  The devs should've scrapped the versus modes and focused on the single player and couch-co-op aspects.

Unfortunately the campaign did end up like a CoD style "afterthought", which is exactly what ruined it.   :-\

Edit:  You should read the IGN review and you'll see what I mean.  The MP might be okay in this installment, but most games aren't about the MP.  At least not non-competitive ones.

I think this is just wrong. The games that started making millions and dragged the entire industry into the AAA category were online games, multiplayer games. I enjoy single player too, but we're getting old. Single-player gamers are faaaaaar outnumbered by the hordes and hordes of internet players who've populated servers for years at this point.

Story mode doesn't keep a game alive past initial sales, unless your entire game is focused on it. Sure, DLC can cause some extra spikes in the player pool, but single-player isn't designed to last near as long, nor make nearly as much money, as a game like COD or Battlefield. For Aliens being an FPS, it was the smartest thing they couldve done to focus on mp. That's what will keep the game alive and make the money.

This is all moot, because by all rights they shouldve developed both to a much higher quality, but if I have to pick one, it will be mp all day long.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 14, 2013, 12:48:23 AM
And the best part is, none of you really know, because none of you have really played it ;)
Except, that I have.

Alien³

Alien³

This is the Aliens game we've been waiting for.

I'm deadly serious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed