Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,467 times)

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 13, 2013, 07:15:23 PM
Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Feb 13, 2013, 06:59:46 PM
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119412561936112939/30985D7CF5F68EE9E18E8D1BF49067B53B8A2668/

So this is a screenshot from my game... where are these horrible graphics people are talking about. May I add that steams screenshot system lowers the res a bit so it actually looks even better than that!

Oh and this is the only glitch thing I have come across!
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119412561936123010/247C7DC377D29976F45A6E7BD04EBD1D63F61F37/

You really think that's 'good' graphics?

This was three years ago, and at least several scales clearer and better defined. You're defending the undefendable.

Allow me to direct you to:

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 13, 2013, 06:25:15 PM
Wow... now that I've seen this, I think I'm right there with you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2qVebxlUo#ws

This game looks like garbage.

The game looks just fine buddy!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Not when you compare it to a year and a half ago.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

its no where near as bad as people are complaining.. I cant help but to stress it enough! (I speak for the pc only)

Dusk

Dusk

I'm not trying to hate on the graphics, though it's difficult when you know what they've been advertising over a year ago. I don't always need high-end graphics, sometimes I can go for stylized. And even though it might have been unintentional, the color palette, the lighting, make it somewhat cartoonish looking. Somewhat reminiscent of AvP2.

Had this game turned out to be everything they promised us it would be, but somehow in the process the graphics took a hit, I would barely be complaining. As long as the gameplay is great and the missions are exciting, I can accept graphics that don't meet today's standard.

Effectz

Effectz

I have it on pc all on highest setting.the game looks out dated and plays like a piece of shit.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Effectz on Feb 13, 2013, 07:29:14 PM
I have it on pc all on highest setting.the game looks out dated and plays like a piece of shit.

This man speaketh the truth.

Some fans have such an Aliens hardon, they need the game to be good, so they'll convince themselves otherwise.

Dusk

Dusk

The game looks good. For 2006.

Mister T

Mister T

Quote from: [T)A]DarkDragon on Feb 13, 2013, 04:34:23 AM
Quote from: Mister T on Feb 13, 2013, 12:26:16 AM
we were led to believe that it would be "canon" to the film and "a true sequel."

you believed that?

Randy Forkedtongue made that claim HUNDREDS of times and even cited the participation of many of the artists involved with Aliens back in 86.  Now I may be an old fart, but when someone tells me, repeatedly, that Aliens: Colonial Marines is the sequel to Aliens - and cites all the reasons why - I tend to trust the fact that the product I purchase will be what I was sold, and not just a bill of goods.

What we actually received was a less-than-mediocre product with absolutely AMAZING marketing.

Effectz

Effectz

Perfect example is the Sephora when the Sulaco is firing at it,the main set piece is the Sephora when you look out the window on the bridge yet it looks like a giant turd especially when it's breaking up.

stemot

stemot

Quote from: Effectz on Feb 13, 2013, 08:06:54 PM
Perfect example is the Sephora when the Sulaco is firing at it,the main set piece is the Sephora when you look out the window on the bridge yet it looks like a giant turd especially when it's breaking up.

Then a massive piece of the Sephora proceeds to clip through the front of the Sulaco on its way towards the player.

MemphisRains

MemphisRains

So. I finished single campaign in 6 hrs on pc yesterday and I got some fun. Honestly I think there were few really good things in it like motion tracker or smartgun, sound. Design was ok but the movies, you know. Story just...pokerface\facepalm. Grafics is dated and it Unreal 3.5? Bitch, please. But still I'm okay with it. There is no fear, suspense...Even now AvP 2 kick ass...shame) Randy can kiss my ass for all that bullshit what he spoke.

I hope this game will be a lesson for Gears)

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 13, 2013, 07:41:13 PM
Quote from: Effectz on Feb 13, 2013, 07:29:14 PM

This man speaketh the truth.

Some fans have such an Aliens hardon, they need the game to be good, so they'll convince themselves otherwise.

Actually I doubted this game from the start.. im starting to realize maybe my hopes were nowhere near as high as everyone else hence why I truly don't mind it!

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

The space vessels look like shit to me. Especially the one they escape in at the end, which looks like a particularly jaunty dildo.

Bugnubbinz

Bugnubbinz

Quote from: teras on Feb 13, 2013, 12:47:52 PM
Quote from: Bugnubbinz on Feb 13, 2013, 05:18:06 AM
New here, but not to the Aliens franchise.

I got my pre-ordered copy of the game today, and have played through half of the campaign as well as trying out each of the multiplayer modes.

While IGN and Metacritic will have you believe that this is a terrible game with graphical issues and poor presentation, let me dispel any apprehension you may have right now. THIS GAME IS FANTASTIC!!

Critics are misguidedly looking for the next-gen FPS CoD-killer, whereas die-hard Aliens fans will be looking for a true sequel to James Cameron's Aliens. This game represents that, more than any movie-adapted video game I've ever played. Aliens: Colonial Marines is a stalwart example of atmosphere and story done right. With a wonderfully-crafted narrative and a deep, tension-driven, and exciting campaign just ooooooozing with all the fan service and spine-shuddering chills that we've been waiting for with an Aliens franchise game. No true fan will should be disappointed.

Gameplay-wise, you're looking at a campaign mode filled with tight shooting, dark corridors, and some superb voice acting including the return of several actors from Aliens including Lance Hendrickson and Michael Biehn. Weapons feel powerful and accurate, the arsenal of the true badasses that the Colonial Marines are (with the one notable exception of the Assault Rifle...with its wimpy 3-round burst, ineffectual sound design, and the fact that it's completely extraneous since the Pulse Rifle is better in every way). The sound design is dead-on, with everything from doors opening to motion tracker pings to pulse rifle blasts sounding exactly like their movie counterparts.

As for the Multiplayer (otherwise known as "why I will keep playing this game after i'm done with the 6-hour campaign"), the game offers some great sustainability in the way of many different game modes (all of which are teams of xenos vs. teams of marines; some of which the marines have only 1 life while xenos respawn constantly) and a TON of unlockable content for customizing your weapons and armor, xeno attacks, and appearance for both sides. The game modes offer a varied assortment of objectives and gameplay styles, and are a ton of fun.

As for the downsides....which every game has. As of today, the communications aspect of multiplayer is buggy (I tried chatting multiple times and the mike connection only worked about 1/3 of the time). There seems to be some lag or frame stuttering during mutliplayer matches during the downtime between rounds, but i'm not sure what caused it. All in all, any issues are minor compared to just how fun the game is!

The Verdict: 8.9/10 for me, the best Aliens game of the last fifteen years.

You are being sarcastic right? Right?  ???

No, I am not. I enjoy this game thoroughly. Stop hating

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Bugnubbinz on Feb 13, 2013, 08:32:44 PM
Quote from: teras on Feb 13, 2013, 12:47:52 PM
Quote from: Bugnubbinz on Feb 13, 2013, 05:18:06 AM
New here, but not to the Aliens franchise.

I got my pre-ordered copy of the game today, and have played through half of the campaign as well as trying out each of the multiplayer modes.

While IGN and Metacritic will have you believe that this is a terrible game with graphical issues and poor presentation, let me dispel any apprehension you may have right now. THIS GAME IS FANTASTIC!!

Critics are misguidedly looking for the next-gen FPS CoD-killer, whereas die-hard Aliens fans will be looking for a true sequel to James Cameron's Aliens. This game represents that, more than any movie-adapted video game I've ever played. Aliens: Colonial Marines is a stalwart example of atmosphere and story done right. With a wonderfully-crafted narrative and a deep, tension-driven, and exciting campaign just ooooooozing with all the fan service and spine-shuddering chills that we've been waiting for with an Aliens franchise game. No true fan will should be disappointed.

Gameplay-wise, you're looking at a campaign mode filled with tight shooting, dark corridors, and some superb voice acting including the return of several actors from Aliens including Lance Hendrickson and Michael Biehn. Weapons feel powerful and accurate, the arsenal of the true badasses that the Colonial Marines are (with the one notable exception of the Assault Rifle...with its wimpy 3-round burst, ineffectual sound design, and the fact that it's completely extraneous since the Pulse Rifle is better in every way). The sound design is dead-on, with everything from doors opening to motion tracker pings to pulse rifle blasts sounding exactly like their movie counterparts.

As for the Multiplayer (otherwise known as "why I will keep playing this game after i'm done with the 6-hour campaign"), the game offers some great sustainability in the way of many different game modes (all of which are teams of xenos vs. teams of marines; some of which the marines have only 1 life while xenos respawn constantly) and a TON of unlockable content for customizing your weapons and armor, xeno attacks, and appearance for both sides. The game modes offer a varied assortment of objectives and gameplay styles, and are a ton of fun.

As for the downsides....which every game has. As of today, the communications aspect of multiplayer is buggy (I tried chatting multiple times and the mike connection only worked about 1/3 of the time). There seems to be some lag or frame stuttering during mutliplayer matches during the downtime between rounds, but i'm not sure what caused it. All in all, any issues are minor compared to just how fun the game is!

The Verdict: 8.9/10 for me, the best Aliens game of the last fifteen years.

You are being sarcastic right? Right?  ???

No, I am not. I enjoy this game thoroughly. Stop hating

No where in the post you quoted does he say he 'hated' the game so why call him a hater. One thing about this whole debacle is that it has really helped me weed out the 'ignore user' posters.

Sick to death of this 'hater' shit that gets thrown at any form of criticism. Take A:CM for example;
''The graphics are poor'' stop hating
''AI is bad'' stop hating
''Story is bad'' stop hating.

Hate is a very strong word to describe what is fair and constructive criticism of this deeply flawed game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed