Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,844 times)

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 13, 2013, 08:45:12 AM
I agree they could've looked better, but have we really become a generation of graphics whores when it comes to gaming? There's plenty of games that look very pretty that are total shit, like Devil May Cry 4.

I can agree with that to a point. But, when games like Halo 4 just totally blow our minds with the graphics, then in ACM five feet in front of you is blurry, that's just wrong. You know what I mean. (I'm one of the few enjoying it, by the way)

Dusk

Dusk

You can like something but still admit that it's bad. Like I immensely enjoyed Concrete Jungle, but I realized its shortcomings and actually had to fight to get used to the controls. But why did I do this? Simply because it was a Predator game. Would it have been anything else, I wouldn't have bothered with it in the slightest. But just because I liked it, while everyone else agreed that it was a bad game, I don't suddenly think they were just too harsh. Especially when this game, according to all the reviews and videos I've seen, don't even get some of the fundamentals of shooters right.

And stuff

And stuff

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 13, 2013, 08:46:32 AM
Quote from: And stuff on Feb 13, 2013, 08:43:09 AM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 13, 2013, 08:40:21 AM
Liking the game doesn't mean you're physiological unstable - it simply means people like it.

Or that the people who enjoy it are much easier to please.

And who are you to make that judgment call?

It's fact.  Not an opinion, lol.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I gotta go with ScardyFox on this one. Are you saying I have some kind of psychological problem and denial issues because I like this game and not a game like Black Ops 2?

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 13, 2013, 08:48:17 AM
I gotta go with ScardyFox on this one. Are you saying I have some kind of psychological problem and denial issues because I like this game and not a game like Black Ops 2?

Hell, I liked both. I liked MW3, too. I also enjoy AVP3. Honestly, I'm glad its that way. I would rather go through life enjoying things, than not enjoying things. Are some better than others? Of course. I can admit to the faults all those games have, but I enjoy my time with them.

And stuff

And stuff

I think they're just saying folks are easy to please.  Yes it's a psychological issue but certainly not a problem.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

And who are you to make that judgment call? Do you some how have some kind of omnipresent ability that senses these things in people with a different view of enjoyment? Or, do you have a crystalball of some kind that lets you in on these things?

If the latter is the case hook me up with some lottery numbers bro, I would love to be a millionaire!

Or, just simple observation of the facts. It's nearly universal with critiques, walkthroughs by casual gamers, first impressions, write ups, behind the scenes developers, and many members of this community that this game is at best a sub standard product. If you derived personal enjoyment from it, that's fine and good, but that does not make the game itself a good exchange for 50 bucks.

It's not a matter of "this" over "that." It's what Gearbox said, what their PR team hyped up, versus what their game is. Even in the words of some of their own development people now after the fact. They KNEW they were putting out something faulty, and substandard. The evidence is visible all over YouTube with the walk through in every port. HORRIBLE glitches. This is not a good game. Just because a couple people had an emotionally positive experience romping through it does not change that fact. The game is mechanically flawed.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: And stuff on Feb 13, 2013, 08:51:21 AM

I think they're just saying folks are easy to please.  Yes it's a psychological issue but certainly not a problem.

Then people who are hard to please have a psychological issue, too, right?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: And stuff on Feb 13, 2013, 08:47:55 AM
Liking the game doesn't mean you're physiological unstable - it simply means people like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M#

Technically speaking, if we're bringing reviews, its scored more so towards the middle of the road or slightly above. Not horrific. That said I've said my piece, its a fan review - I don't particularly want to drag it into a running battle of attrition soaking up several pages of thread with back and forths.   

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I mostly enjoy a game when I actually have it in my hands and played it before and If I pick it back up in a couple months time, then that's great just another part of life to enjoy. If I don't pick it up again, then it simply wasn't for me and I move on. I didn't enjoy Black Ops 2 but I'm not going to say people who do like it are in denial.

And stuff

And stuff

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 13, 2013, 08:52:14 AM

Yes, we all do.  Do you know what "psychological " means?

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I think we just all need to stop at a certain point, or this thread's going to go on forever. This is a stalemate, people aren't going to change their opinions. That's the end of it.

And stuff

And stuff

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 13, 2013, 08:52:36 AM

Technically speaking, if we're bringing reviews, its scored more so towards the middle of the road or slightly above. Not horrific. That said I've said my piece, its a fan review - I don't particularly want to drag it into a running battle of attrition soaking up several pages of thread with back and forths.

If you aren't open to the idea of people having opposite opinions, then there's nothing anyone here can do to help you see it.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: And stuff on Feb 13, 2013, 08:56:41 AM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 13, 2013, 08:52:36 AM

If you aren't open to the idea of people having opposite opinions, then there's nothing anyone here can do to help you see it.

Wait, you said its fact... not opin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4#ws

OK, I'm out. :)

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: And stuff on Feb 13, 2013, 08:54:25 AM
Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 13, 2013, 08:52:14 AM

Yes, we all do.  Do you know what "psychological " means?

Oh yeah, I do. I just wanted to make sure you weren't one of those douche bags that thought his side was better than everyone elses. Then, you did kinda turn into that douche.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed