Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 221,159 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 11, 2013, 05:39:07 AM
I've been reading some reviews where they say the MP is a weaker element because of server problems. They don't seem to get that they weren't supposed to be playing right now

I totally forgot that actually, thanks for bringing that last part up. It's not technically out till Tuesday, it was released early by some. I'm no server tech but what you say seems to make sense.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

What they're playing on is most likely a beta server, or a server that's not fully open yet. That's the disadvantage of breaking the street date. That and it's probably hard to find a whole lot of people to play with right now.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 10, 2013, 09:33:36 PM
Two reviews that gave the game a 7 each

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGGP4NtRVbo#ws

Holy shit man.. this guy spoiled the whole game with his vid  >:(

Quote from: DB on Feb 10, 2013, 11:07:59 PM
If you want multiplayer just play Natural Selection. Still the best Aliens game ever. Call of Aliens: In Space! is just not that good.

I know man, but the NS2 is so badly optimized that I rarely go above 40fps. I run every other game like FC3, BF3, Crysis, Metro 2033 in DX10, AvP '10 in DX11 etc. maxed out but I can't run NS2 in steady fps no matter on what settings I try. I really want to play it more but I simply can't do it right now. I cant wait to see some optimization and I mean heavy optimization by the devs.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 11, 2013, 06:19:42 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 10, 2013, 09:33:36 PM
Two reviews that gave the game a 7 each

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGGP4NtRVbo#ws

Holy shit man.. this guy spoiled the whole game with his vid  >:(

Quote from: DB on Feb 10, 2013, 11:07:59 PM
If you want multiplayer just play Natural Selection. Still the best Aliens game ever. Call of Aliens: In Space! is just not that good.

I know man, but the NS2 is so badly optimized that I rarely go above 40fps. I run every other game like FC3, BF3, Crysis, Metro 2033 in DX10, AvP '10 in DX11 etc. maxed out but I can't run NS2 in steady fps no matter on what settings I try. I really want to play it more but I simply can't do it right now. I cant wait to see some optimization and I mean heavy optimization by the devs.

My bad. There were a few spoilers but it wasn't stuff I was not expecting already from trailers and what not. There was something with the boiler alien that he f**king ruined though. Oh well.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

Was that a boiler? I've seen a video review where he says that there's another type of xeno that walks around the areas but the footage he showed wasn't a boiler. Interesting....

teras

teras

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 11, 2013, 05:39:07 AM
I've been reading some reviews where they say the MP is a weaker element because of server problems. They don't seem to get that they weren't supposed to be playing right now, so the server is probably not up to snuff at the moment. MP elements to a game don't seem like they're reviewed properly because the critics get the games early and the MP stuff isn't supposed to be up and at em until everyone has a chance to play.

What do you guys think?

Actually no.
Since there are no dedicated servers to host the MP matches this logic doesn't apply.
The matches are hosted by the peers as with almost every other game on the consoles. I haven't heard anything about the PC version having dedicated servers.
I played on the PS3 a couple of matches and didn't run into problems, apart from the matchmaking taking a long time and some collision detection issues.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: Vezner on Feb 11, 2013, 03:20:43 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 10, 2013, 10:13:05 PM
Quote from: PFC Hudson on Feb 10, 2013, 10:01:17 PM
I will also take that 7 over all the negativity I've been reading. I also find it interesting that the reviewer liked the campaign over the multi-player, most people have thought the opposite.

He said the MP wasn't great but I wonder if he had trouble finding games since the game is not out in mass numbers yet?

I will take a 7 over what I read from people here as well. You would think the game is a 3-5 with some of these reviews. I am hoping IGN trolls the haters and give it an 8. They somehow gave AVP 2010 a 7.

Agreed. In the end, if it gets a 7 or above from IGN, I'll be very happy. I think that most of the hate that the game is getting right now is from people who had their expectations WAY too high. I'm not saying that the game doesn't have problems but some people are calling it the worst game ever made. I find that VERY hard to believe.

Oh, and I should probably mention that I'm not one of those people that hated AVP2010 with a passion. I enjoyed the marine campaign (though I wished it had coop...which I now get!), found the Alien campaign to be tolerable, and felt like the Pred campaign was ok. MP was horrendous at first on the PC because it was just beta but once they finished it, I found it be enjoyable enough but unfortunately the MP community had mostly died by then.

One way or another, I'm still excited to play ACM despite the negativity of some. Again, if it's a 7 or above, I'll find the experience to be well worth my $60.

Ign uk gave avp2010 8.5. Must have been because rebelion are british? It won't beat that... i think ign will give it a 6 which is 'okay' by there system i just read this giving it a 7.9 http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2013/02/review-aliens-colonial-marines/ dispite canning it for the whole review!?! Must have been an aliens fan!

teras

teras

Here's a youtube parody!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dPF8jpItCs#ws

It's really funny..and sad at the same time!

WinterActual

WinterActual

Its sad because its true.

Elicas

Elicas

Hysterical, for all the wrong reasons!

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

"My god"

(They sure liked using that phrase)

pixelbaron

pixelbaron

"My god!"

"Not ur god wink wink"

RubberChickenMan

RubberChickenMan

Its a fun game. And having fun is why started gaming. Loving all the easter eggs.

Elicas

Elicas

Updated my post on page 3 up to video part 19, and wow, the cons list is getting massive.

Edit: Any news on an upcoming AVP:G official review?

QUAGMIRE83

QUAGMIRE83

I just got mine today and all I can say is, BEST GAME EVER MADE!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed