Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,000 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Until I get my hands on it, I really can't tell if this is better or worse than AvP 2010...because that game made me so mad at how broken it was.

szkoki

szkoki

i dunno guys whats your problem with AVP2010 besides it's length, story, voice acting, characters...and it was just empty, no alien vibe at all ...but as a shooter and as a game it was ok, no serious glitches, dumb things and graphic problems

it seems like ACM has the same problems plus its not a well written game

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 10, 2013, 12:06:00 PM
i dunno guys whats your problem with AVP2010 besides it's length, story, voice acting, characters...and it was just empty, no alien vibe at all ...but as a shooter and as a game it was ok, no serious glitches, dumb things and graphic problems

Well, besides all that, I have to chalk up my experience with very bad A.I. then. Because for me, The Aliens were literally falling into single file lines. You could stealth kill a Marine, and his buddy...who wasn't even 8 feet away, would even bother to do anything, and if they did see the body...only that Marine would be on patrol mode while another who was fairly close would just be standing there. The former marine would eventually end patrolling and act as if his buddy wasn't killed. It was really awful in that regard for me if you don't count everything else that was bad.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Well, aside from the backtracking, AvP 2010 was actually a competently designed and programmed game in the basic respects. What it really lacked was species balance, even level design, replayability, better pacing, and proper story conclusion. It actually got quite a few things right in comparison to A:CM.

Lionhart

Lionhart

hey all, Been a long time ago since I wrote anything in here. I tried this game yesterday and I would like to share my opinion.

1. Graphic looks like this game was made for xbox 1 and not xbox 360 or ps3. 2. Gameplay is not that bad but its still bad that it sucks if you know what I mean. ME like many of you have been waiting for many years for this game to come out and when it got released then I wished it never did. They f**kt us all by releasing some good looking trailers but in real life this game has the graphic of a game that is 5 or 6 years old. The loading time when you die is a pain in the A. I could go smoke and take a coffe before the loading time is over.

The Aliens in this game looks bad, not enough blood, and picking up AMMO is a pain in the ass sometimes. I been playing dead space 3 and I can tell you its a masterpeace to this peace of crap game. Trust me when I say this, alot of people are gonna get pissed and dissapointed.

Only good thing about this game is the sound of the motion sensor and the rifle.  I will give this game 3.5 out of 10.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 10, 2013, 11:25:27 AM
The motion tracker adds nothing to the experience because the gameplay seldom requires it.

Playing Devils advocate: Thats the meaning I have read so far from what people are saying.

Darkness

Darkness

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. The ammo pickups were just neverending. Why couldn't they just make it so that you could pick them up automatically without having to select a button.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 10, 2013, 12:35:22 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. The ammo pickups were just neverending. Why couldn't they just make it so that you could pick them up automatically without having to select a button.
Good idea but to late now

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 10, 2013, 12:11:01 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Feb 10, 2013, 12:06:00 PM

Well, besides all that, I have to chalk up my experience with very bad A.I. then. Because for me, The Aliens were literally falling into single file lines. You could stealth kill a Marine, and his buddy...who wasn't even 8 feet away, would even bother to do anything, and if they did see the body...only that Marine would be on patrol mode while another who was fairly close would just be standing there. The former marine would eventually end patrolling and act as if his buddy wasn't killed. It was really awful in that regard for me if you don't count everything else that was bad.

my bad :) i forgot i havent played with the predator that much because i dont like it...but that doesnt matter, fair point

BUGZ

BUGZ

Hi guys,

I managed to buy a copy of the game last night. Its great!

Graphics are superb. The game blends in well with the workd of J Cameron. The aliens themselves are very good.

Ive still to try MP. but the customs section is great fun!!

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

Great to hear some positive feedback!  cant wait for tuesday

I have MY PC Collectors Edition Ready too

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: BUGZ on Feb 10, 2013, 02:50:26 PM
Hi guys,

I managed to buy a copy of the game last night. Its great!

Graphics are superb. The game blends in well with the workd of J Cameron. The aliens themselves are very good.

Ive still to try MP. but the customs section is great fun!!

Game on man, what country you live in? I went to Walmart yesterday on the off chance they might have it but no dice. Guess I gotta wait till Tuesday like everyone else.

Kalawaki

Kalawaki

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 10, 2013, 11:25:27 AM
Kalawaki, I know you're a faith-driven apologist and all, but do try to understand what people are saying. The motion tracker adds nothing to the experience because the gameplay seldom requires it. Like everything else, it's a novelty item. Try playing one of the AvP games where it's part of the HUD, and you'll see that it's of more persistent use (also having to do with the Aliens trying to stalk instead of rush).
Pausing to look at the motion tracker is no different now then it was when it was smaller and at the bottom of your screen. I played both AvP, AvP2, and AvP2010. I never looked at my tracker while shooting something, and always watched it when not shooting something.

The fact is, having it a part of your HUD would be useful maybe on 2 occasions tops, because you wouldn't need to use it anyway. The problem isn't the Tracker mechanic, it's the abundancy of enemies. And without an abundance of enemies the game might feel dull and stagnated. In this game you would be too busy aiming and shooting regardless of the position of the tracker. By the logic you are giving me having a Tracker at all seems useless in this game.

QuoteWell, aside from the backtracking, AvP 2010 was actually a competently designed and programmed game in the basic respects.
You're cute. I like you.

BUGZ

BUGZ

UK based dude. Loving the game. I wont post spoilers, but they have kept to proper aliens tradition!

Loving the box set!! Ive pre ordered it!

Bri

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 10, 2013, 06:54:55 AM
-Snip.-

As somebody who has gone along for the full arc of this game's hype, even at times playing the optimist, I can honestly and objectively say that this is certainly not the sequel to Aliens we 'always wanted'.

Granted, as you said, you haven't played it yet. However, I think it is very possible to watch a game and see many of the issues cropping up. It's very linear, and it doesn't make good use of what it has in the license. (The tracker has been used far better in previous games, imho.)

It seems like such a sad end to this game's development.  So much potential, wasted.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed