Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,489 times)

pixelbaron

pixelbaron

If Uwe Boll made a  movie I think we'd come full circle.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

After playing Halo 4 multiplayer for just 2 days - there was no f**king way I'd trade that awesomeness for A:CM...In the end I'm glad I kinda bought A:CM - I'll have something to trade it in for BioShock: Infinite and keep Halo 4 - FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER!!!

Looks like A:CM won't even make me sell L4D2 to keep a multiplayer-oriented game in my possession...

Darkness

Darkness

I never even realised the motion tracker also had your objectives on it until the end of the game. That's how much I used it. Could have done with having the objectives on screen all the time.

I don't think the acid even hurts you does it?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 10, 2013, 10:02:43 AM

I don't think the acid even hurts you does it?

From what I've seen, it only makes you not be able to regenerate a health slot like you normally would if you were attacked by a claw, or a bullet, or something. It's possible that it does damage you, but if it does I'm not seeing.

SiL

SiL

Acid spit seems to bypass your armour to damage you. I noticed I was taking damage when I shot Aliens up close and walked on their corpses towards the end of the game, but the first Alien I killed I blasted with a shotgun and danced a merry jig on its corpse with no repercussions.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

My God, even in Alien Trilogy acid from the corpses hurt you upon walking...In Alien Resurrection they could spit acid on you at times and it was a pleasant surprise how much they were able to do there, acid hurt you too...Oh and they only walked bi-pedally once they were close to you and centered at you.

SiL

SiL

The AvP for the Atari Jaguar was the biggest pain with acid blood. Alien corpses never disappeared and would often take up the whole hallway -- and clogged vents something chronic.

But with this, I don't even know. Maybe on higher difficulty settings?

SilkySilly

SilkySilly

What is wrong with u people the game is brilliant. Seems like all u want to do is hurt the sales of this game and then will never be an aliens game ever again and this forum will have nothing to moan about seeing as u killed the franchise with ur whining. All i can say is play the game on ultimate badass mode if u want to install fear and get the proper experience. Playing the game in normal and fluing theough it in 6 hours is not how u play this game or watching a 6 hour video. The aliens are a real threat in UBA mode and i often get cut down when overwhelmed by them.
The AI seems good to me,the weyland yutani flank me,the aliens flank me,they attack from all directions just like the end scene in hadleys hope.and the aliens dont have a high IQ in the films anyway so what do u expect.

The graphics are great particually the lighting. The animations on the cut scenes are not the best i admit which kinda pulls you out of the experience sometimes but it wasnt a major issue like some moan about on here. Im here to kill bugs nothing more and this game lets me do that with style

Dont let the moaners on here cloud your judgement. Judge the game yourself.

SiL

SiL

What a load of wank.

There's been plenty of unsuccessful Aliens games. We still ended up with this one being made. There'll always be more.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: SiL on Feb 10, 2013, 10:25:33 AM
What a load of wank.

There's been plenty of unsuccessful Aliens games. We still ended up with this one being made. There'll always be more.

If ACM sells more than AVP 2010, which I think it will, then we will definitely see another game withing 2-3 years. I just want ONE good one. ONE that can be GOTY material. Is that too much to ask?

Darkness

Darkness

I don't think it'll sell anywhere near as much as AvP did.

SilkySilly

SilkySilly

What a load of wank.

And the last unseccessful AAA aliens title was called what

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SilkySilly on Feb 10, 2013, 10:43:44 AM
What a load of wank.

Triple A or not, we'll see the Xenomorphs in video game form again.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SilkySilly on Feb 10, 2013, 10:20:58 AM
What is wrong with u people the game is brilliant. Seems like all u want to do is hurt the sales of this game and then will never be an aliens game ever again and this forum will have nothing to moan about seeing as u killed the franchise with ur whining.
Yeah man, I'm hoping for a good, hm, let's say six thousand unit sale loss because of my negative review of the campaign.

Quote from: SilkySilly on Feb 10, 2013, 10:43:44 AM
What a load of wank.

The last AAA Aliens title was called what?

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Gearbox flat out lied about so many things it's not even funny. We should not let them get away with that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed