Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,843 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Predaker on Feb 09, 2013, 01:23:46 AM
Gearbox poured their heart into this game. Like it, love it, hate it... please show some respect.

It's earned, not given.

Haggle me for extra DLC money and make wild declarations of authenticity. No respect earned.  ;)

szkoki

szkoki

Gearbox poured their heart into this game. Like it, love it, hate it... please show some respect.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

u did buy some rotten food yesterday but i should show some respect to the seller really?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 09, 2013, 01:26:22 AM

It's earned, not given.

Completely agree on this.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Predaker on Feb 09, 2013, 01:29:19 AM
Have fun bashing a game you haven't even played yet.

Peace.

If that's what it seems like to you, then ok dude, see ya. I'm not really trying to bash a game, I'm only bashing what I have seen with my own two eyes. If I enjoy playing the game when I get my hands on it, then that's fine, I'll be glad. Despite this, the game has shown that it's not doing as good as it should have been. I don't know why you feel like there's some need to defend anyone or anything about this game.

EDIT

Seems Predaker deleted his post.

Terx2

Terx2

For those of you that have played the game or watched up to a certain part may I ask.....
Spoiler
Why do the marines go to the derlict and how long is the level with the derlict and how much of it can you explore?
[close]

I couldn't agree more. If you think you can do better than go ahead and make you own game. I won't stop you. Besides I'm sure they'll patch it.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 09, 2013, 01:31:10 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Feb 09, 2013, 01:29:19 AM
Have fun bashing a game you haven't even played yet.

Peace.

If that's what it seems like to you, then ok dude, see ya. I'm not really trying to bash a game, I'm only bashing what I have seen with my own two eyes. If I enjoy playing the game when I get my hands on it, then that's fine, I'll be glad. Despite this, the game has shown that it's not doing as good as it should have been. I don't know why you feel like there's some need to defend anyone or anything about this game.

EDIT

Seems Predaker deleted his post.

Seems he just started playin' with the game  ::) :P

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 09, 2013, 01:28:29 AM
Completely agree on this.

You know... It's not even that I want to bash on Gearbox or Aliens : CM. I expect better from the company that gave us Half-Life Blue Shift and Opposing Force. I expect more from Randy, who is, to a degree, part of the old guard of game developers. I expect more

When someone asks "What? Were you actually expecting GOTY material?" As if that's too high a standard... I have to ask, Why? It wasn't for Monolith a decade ago. Or Rebellion nearly 13 years ago.

Why should it be too high for Gearbox? This is the Alien franchise. It deserves a genuinely triple A experience. Not something that is a mere novelty or a fashionable skin over done-to-death shooter experiences that can be had in a dozen different games.

And, Predaker, I saw your post before it disappeared. Look, we've seen most of the game in walk through form now. We've seen it from several people. I've been reading and watching everything on the game. There isn't much left that I can get from the hands on experience that my eyes, and ears aren't already able to figure out.

In the words of Corporal Dwayne Hicks himself "We've got problems."

Quote from: Terx2 on Feb 09, 2013, 01:32:02 AM
I couldn't agree more. If you think you can do better than go ahead and make you own game. I won't stop you. Besides I'm sure they'll patch it.

Not much experience with this brand in terms of the legal ferocity eh?(aside from this remark being a total straw man. I don't have to be a musician to judge music, why should I have to be a game developer to judge a game?) Fox has a habit of shutting people down who try. I'm shocked I haven't received a C&D for "Into the Vents" yet.

Alien Quake, foxed, computers stolen out of the creators home, a few months later AVP 99 was announced.

Several alien mods for Quake 2, GoldSRC (An online game called USCM : Infestation, dealing with similar gameplay to Infestation/Evac marines against aliens.), Quake 3, and Source were all foxed.

Believe me, there are many people who would LOVE to do it ourselves.

Also, they don't earn my respect until i'm a satisfied customer. They aren't our friend. They are a company offering a product. We're the people buying said product.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I couldn't agree more. If you think you can do better than go ahead and make you own game.

This is such a lame argument that a lot of people keep dishing out. As if anyone on here can't criticize something because they can't do it themselves, such crap. By this logic about "do it yourself then" it should apply to everything. That means that people who can't draw, can't criticize people that can, people that don't like a movie can't criticize it if they can't make one, etc.

Complete BS.

Omega1

Omega1

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 09, 2013, 01:42:08 AM

I couldn't agree more. If you think you can do better than go ahead and make you own game.

This is such a lame argument that a lot of people keep dishing out. As if anyone on here can't criticize something because they can't do it themselves, such crap. By this logic about "do it yourself then" it should apply to everything. That means that people who can't draw, can't criticize people that can, people that don't like a movie can't criticize it if they can't make one, etc.

Complete BS.

I just had to quote this one for truth!

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Complete BS.
I also hate this "argument", you don't have to be a programmer to criticise poor scripting, coding, etc., because such flaws are otherwise tangible. It's not a duel ffs!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I can't help but assume most of these negative reviews are from game snobs who are way pickier than I am.
I personally loved shit out of the latest AVP game, especially the marine levels.  My only complaint about AVP was that it was a bit short.  So I still anticipate enjoying this game for myself.
I'm always up for playing as a colonial marine in a "shake-n-bake colony" killing rigid-headed aliens, and with this game, I'll finally get to do it without predator taint all over it.  This is all I'm personally asking for.  I don't see what more you guys are expecting.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Decent AI, a challenge, a non-retarded story, compelling characters, non entirely linear gameplay...

You're right, it's too much to expect.

RedHood

RedHood

I got the game and I'm liking it. You gotta play on hard or Badass, I like Badass it keeps it interesting.

Terx2

Terx2

Complete BS.

I'm just saying you deal with what your given and if you don't like than change it yourself. You don't have to be an artist to criticize artwork I agree with that.

@OpenMaw I understand theres legal trouble people can get into I just meant if you have those skills and you could do it yourself. Would you? This is a franchise thats dear to thousands of people. If you do something different in your own vision these potential backlash while if you keep doing the same thing it will get boring. I'm leaving this thread. I need time to cool off all this negativity towards myself and a game I am yet to play.

Kalawaki

Kalawaki

Most certainly this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed