Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,466 times)

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Spoiler
So Hicks is indeed alive then. Why would WY take Hicks from the crytube and leave a double in his place? Why leave Ripley behind and take Hicks? I know Burke was acting alone in Aliens and not with WY but he refers to Hicks as a grunt and a nobody if I remember right but he employers apparently see him as a valuable kidnap target, more valualble than Ripley. It just doesn't make sense. So did WY plant the egg in the Sulaco and were they responsible for starting that fire? If so did they actually kill the Hicks double so he couldn't be identified or did they not care if Ripley realise that Hicks was mysteriously replaced much like Homer bieng replaced with a German in the Simpsons. Not of this makes any sense.
[close]

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Feb 08, 2013, 09:23:13 PM
Spoiler
So Hicks is indeed alive then. Why would WY take Hicks from the crytube and leave a double in his place? Why leave Ripley behind and take Hicks? I know Burke was acting alone in Aliens and not with WY but he refers to Hicks as a grunt and a nobody if I remember right but he employers apparently see him as a valuable kidnap target, more valualble than Ripley. It just doesn't make sense. So did WY plant the egg in the Sulaco and were they responsible for starting that fire? If so did they actually kill the Hicks double so he couldnt be identified or did they not care if Ripley realise that Hicks was mysteriously replaced much like Homer bieng replaced with a German in the Simpsons. Not of this makes any sense.
[close]

Nothing about this game makes sense anymore but you need to obey to the cannonz so kindly obey and don't question. I bet you
want the game to fail. I give the game 10 out of then. 

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

A lot of these reviews arent the best...Oh well.
Everyone said AVP2010 was crap and I've been enjoying the game every couple of months since its release. i still have very high hopes for this game

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Spoiler
So Hicks is indeed alive then. Why would WY take Hicks from the crytube and leave a double in his place? Why leave Ripley behind and take Hicks? I know Burke was acting alone in Aliens and not with WY but he refers to Hicks as a grunt and a nobody if I remember right but he employers apparently see him as a valuable kidnap target, more valualble than Ripley. It just doesn't make sense. So did WY plant the egg in the Sulaco and were they responsible for starting that fire? If so did they actually kill the Hicks double so he couldn't be identified or did they not care if Ripley realise that Hicks was mysteriously replaced much like Homer bieng replaced with a German in the Simpsons. Not of this makes any sense.
[close]

Spoiler
LOL The story is for an Oscar...if WY boarded the ship why not simply take as prisoners Hicks,Ripley,Newt and Bishop?
Then impregnate them all and take the cherstbuster and whatever.Why risk letting them fall on Fury?

They fell victim of their own logic.They wanted to be canon so they were ''tied'' by the start of Alien 3.
But when Alien 3 was written none had in mind that WY boarded the Sulaco ect.So it is natural the story to be bullshit.
[close]

They chose to bring back Hicks,well nice welcome but...  >:(

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 09:41:58 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
LOL The story is for an Oscar...if WY boarded the ship why not simply take as prisoners Hicks,Ripley,Newt and Bishop?
Then impregnate them all and take the cherstbuster and whatever.Why risk letting them fall on Fury?

They fell victim of their own logic.They wanted to be canon so they were ''tied'' by the start of Alien 3.
But when Alien 3 was written none had in mind that WY boarded the Sulaco ect.So it is natural the story to be bullshit.
[close]

They chose to bring back Hicks,well nice welcome but...  >:(

It's just a shame that the story is so crap. Judging by these reviews the gameplay itself is so generic shooter with dodgy AI. The game has to rely on its Aliens atmosphere and story and it turns out the story is crap.

Marvelnerd1

Marvelnerd1

Well. I guess I may be the only still going to get the game to see it for myself.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: reecebomb on Feb 08, 2013, 09:31:49 PM
I bet you
want the game to fail. I give the game 10 out of then.
Huh?  ???

Quote from: Marvelnerd1 on Feb 08, 2013, 11:22:48 PM
Well. I guess I may be the only still going to get the game to see it for myself.
Nope. I will be as well but I am expecting trash at this point. Just gonna rent the game unless the multiplayer is any good.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Is Morse even mentioned?

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Spoiler
QuoteLOL The story is for an Oscar...if WY boarded the ship why not simply take as prisoners Hicks,Ripley,Newt and Bishop?

[close]

Christ, that's awful. And completely non-sensical and f**ktarded. I'm curious to see what  Bradley Thompson and David Weddle's original treatment for the game was.

szkoki

szkoki

seems like i should continue to play with Aliens Infestation to have at least a little bit of joy regarding the Alien universe...

RedHood

RedHood

I played chapter one on hard then decided to go up to the ultimate badass difficulty for chapter two. Playing on Badass with no hub adds some spice. Its ok that you can find the secret stuff with your motion tracker, but that takes away from the searching. The AI is under par, you do catch them standing around at times. And the achievements are pretty simple i unlocked 12 in just 2 chapters. But I'm having a blast with the game.

I know this has been said before but WHO THE HELL NEEDS A SUPPRESSOR IN A RUN AND GUN GAME!

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

SEGA just confirmed like 20 minutes ago that there will be more campaign missions in the DLC packs.

So there's a chance at a better story ending.

Hopefully.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 09, 2013, 12:06:43 AM
I played chapter one on hard then decided to go up to the ultimate badass difficulty for chapter two. Playing on Badass with no hub adds some spice. Its ok that you can find the secret stuff with your motion tracker, but that takes away from the searching. The AI is under par, you do catch them standing around at times. And the achievements are pretty simple i unlocked 12 in just 2 chapters. But I'm having a blast with the game.

I know this has been said before but WHO THE HELL NEEDS A SUPPRESSOR IN A RUN AND GUN GAME!

How did you get your copy and where?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 09, 2013, 12:11:29 AM
SEGA just confirmed like 20 minutes ago that there will be more campaign missions in the DLC packs.

Hopefully.

Lol, f**k off Gearbox. Honestly, what more can they do for the campaign, are they going to add missing levels? Or, hopefully, they actually add missions that take place AFTER the campaign.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 09, 2013, 12:12:44 AM
Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 09, 2013, 12:11:29 AM

Hopefully.

Lol, f**k off Gearbox. Honestly, what more can they do for the campaign, are they going to add missing levels? Or, hopefully, they actually add missions that take place AFTER the campaign.

I'm hoping that Morse shows up, kills the revealed-to-be-a-synthetic-double-of Hicks, and helps you go kick some ass. Or something similar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed