Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,817 times)

teras

teras

Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 05:50:07 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 08, 2013, 05:28:29 PM
Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 05:25:47 PM
Has anyone ever heard of a game called Deadly Premonition? Looks horrible got 1 & 2 ratings from major game review companies. It ended up being a cult classic and now there releasing a directors cut. The point is, it doesn't have to look amazing or get good reviews from everybody. It depends on your mindset and how you go into the game. I think the multiplayer looks sick and I'm going to be tearing it up. I like how they force you to use teamwork to win unlike other multiplayers. So if you RAGE quit, that means your not using the fundamentals of battle.

On the other hand, shoddy AI/weak sauce aliens, limited multiplayer maps, very linear and fairly short campaign, expensive DLC...

Aliens are suppose to be weak, thats why they attack in numbers. So put the game on Ultimate Badass mode. This isn't at you but I hate it when people say "weak AI" when there playing on normal. The DLC was ridiculously priced and that's why I'm getting the season pass and I think if people blowup SEGA, and Gearboxes twitter, Facebook and mailbox then they will add more and maybe do some improvements. POWER TO THE PEOPLE! :P

So you thing the DLC is ridiculously priced and you are buying the season pass, which is what they wanted all along.
Nice logic there.

Weak AI means weak AI. It's not just about the difficulty, it's about how the npc's move and react to the player.
For example the Aliens could be moving smart reacting to your actions accordingly while still not being able to do a lot of damage. The difference is that you would have more challenge to actually hunt them down and put them in your sights, making the game more "real like" in a sense.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Wow...

From reading the reviews, it sounds like the storyline in A:CM completely lacks innovation.  I agree that this game will make Alien3 a better film (as Pitchford claimed) but only in the sense that it shows us how much worse people can handle the franchise material they're given.

I will not count A:CM as canon but...

Spoiler
Is there any explanation as to why Hicks is retrieved from the Sulaco while Ripley is left to her to own fate on Fury 161?  Surely, she would be more valuable to WY than Hicks...as a matter of fact, that point was an entire sub plot in Alien3.  WY wanted her back and had a huge intent to retrieve her alive after her EEV was jettisoned.

And whose body is in Hick's cryotube on Fury 161 then?  Clearly, there was an opportunity to provide an awesomely gruesome, Fincher-esque subplot to explain that...I mean, the jig would've been up if his face was recognizable as opposed to being smashed in the crash.  But how would WY have known he'd be unrecognizable after the fact?  If they wanted a cover-up, it would be in their best interest to disfigure someone first and then make the switch...its an interesting thing to think about and a great opportunity to make something else out of the story...but I don't think GBX knows much about subplots from what I'm reading here. LOL

Still, do we get any answers for these questions?
[close]

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Will that game be worse than Aliens: Infestation on Nintendo DS? I found that game to be fun even if somewhat formulaic later on, a solid 7.5/8 out of 10...

teras

teras

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 08, 2013, 05:54:21 PM
They look amazing FOR A CONSOLE titles and their gameplay is a CoD ripoff. ACM will end up just like now.

It's not just the graphics. The enemies have decent AI and the combat is meaty. The player you control has weight in his movement and shooting the Helgans actually feels like your bullets punch into something. It's a bit hard to explain if you haven't played those games.

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

Am I to take it that this game has no connection to Aliens Infestation? It seems that it may have been a better game. How Is Alien 3 a better movie now?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 05:50:07 PM
Aliens are suppose to be weak, thats why they attack in numbers. So put the game on Ultimate Badass mode. This isn't at you but I hate it when people say "weak AI" when there playing on normal. The DLC was ridiculously priced and that's why I'm getting the season pass and I think if people blowup SEGA, and Gearboxes twitter, Facebook and mailbox then they will add more and maybe do some improvements. POWER TO THE PEOPLE! :P

No. Aliens are supposed to be deadly. Yeah, you shoot them, they die. Beyond that, they are supposed to be cunning foes. Otherwise what is the point? They should be far more dynamic and dangerous. Not to mention aggressive. I've seen both the human AI and the Alien AI walk past eachother, go around corners, stop and wait right in your line of fire. That is unacceptable in 2013. Absolutely unacceptable.

Quote from: DemonicD13 on Feb 08, 2013, 06:03:20 PM
Am I to take it that this game has no connection to Aliens Infestation? It seems that it may have been a better game. How Is Alien 3 a better movie now?

Initially Infestation was entitled "Aliens : Colonial Marines" and intended to be a portable version of it, but when A:CM was delayed, things changed.

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

Did Leeroy712Plays get a cease and desist order?

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 08, 2013, 05:45:12 PM
Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 05:41:35 PM
Something about the story...:
Spoiler
If WY boarded the ship,maybe they put the eggs?
[close]

Doesn't fit the timeline of events.
Spoiler
WY jacked the ship after Alien 3 happened.
[close]

WeaN wrote that:
Spoiler
The explaination on how he's alive : He says Wey-Yu hijacked the Sulaco when it was around Fury and replaced him by somebody else - so the body from Aliens3 isn't actually Hicks, according to the game.
[close]

So how did it happen After alien 3?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 06:15:31 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 08, 2013, 05:45:12 PM
Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 05:41:35 PM
Something about the story...:
Spoiler
If WY boarded the ship,maybe they put the eggs?
[close]

Doesn't fit the timeline of events.
Spoiler
WY jacked the ship after Alien 3 happened.
[close]

WeaN wrote that:
Spoiler
The explaination on how he's alive : He says Wey-Yu hijacked the Sulaco when it was around Fury and replaced him by somebody else - so the body from Aliens3 isn't actually Hicks, according to the game.
[close]

So how did it happen After alien 3?

That really doesn't add up with the events of Alien 3 at all. So they got on board the ship, replaced Hicks, let/or lost Ripley to Fury 161, were still in the area obviously, but didn't bother to retrieve her until several days later.

Yeah. Okay. Sure. Really makes a lot of sense.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 08, 2013, 05:54:21 PM
They look amazing FOR A CONSOLE titles and their gameplay is a CoD ripoff. ACM will end up just like now.
Dude, the graphics of Killzone 3 are phenomenal and not just for consoles. Guerrilla Games, were using for the physics a modified Havok engine which is one of the best on the market. I can't speak of gameplay though, don't own a PS but the visuals are stunning even within the console's restrictions.
Resistance and Killzone are the only two games that have tempted me to buy a PS.

RedHood

RedHood

QuoteSo you thing the DLC is ridiculously priced and you are buying the season pass, which is what they wanted all along.
Nice logic

I should have explained myself better. It's always smarter to get a season pass or wait for the DVD release of DLCs. Buying DLCs individually are usually not the way to go. Who cares if "they" are hustling us, they aren't the only ones slanging DLCs or other products.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

I think we can all agree about the story OpenMaw that:

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 06:27:06 PM
Who cares if "they" are hustling us,

This right here is exactly what is wrong with the mentality of the mass consumer market.

We should care, and just because others are doing it doesn't make it right. And the fact that people roll over everytime this kind of thing happens. every. single. time. Just shows them they can get away with it.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 08, 2013, 06:30:58 PM
Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 06:27:06 PM
Who cares if "they" are hustling us,

This right here is exactly what is wrong with the mentality of the mass consumer market.

We should care, and just because others are doing it doesn't make it right. And the fact that people roll over everytime this kind of thing happens. every. single. time. Just shows them they can get away with it.
True, we mustn't reward failure, generally speaking.

Frog

Frog

Eeeeesh.  This sounds horrendous!!!  I watched part of that 2 hour video on IGN the other day and was amazed at how horrible the graphics, animation, and textures are.  DOOM3 BFG runs at 60fps and looks a lot better than this.

I'd probably still buy it if it had Horde mode, but no way I am I paying $75 for a 6 hour, linear, scripted game with a "possibly" good horde mode.

Heck, now that I know Bug Hunt is not in the game, I'd be hesitant to pick it up at $30 cause I'd still have to pay $15 for the mode I care about.

Major dissapointment.

Is there a Horde mode in AVP2010?  If so how many maps does it have?

I'll have to see if my buddy's indie store will cancel this for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed