Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,989 times)

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 08, 2013, 05:12:18 PM
Warning for major spoilers upcoming guys... be advised.

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PMSo...New Xenos? at least not those we already know off?
List of Xenos :
Spoiler
Drone
Lurker
Spitter
Explosive (forgot its name)
Massive Rhino type (forgot its name)
Queen
[close]

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PMAny story twist?...What about Hicks/bag ect?
Spoiler

Hicks is the bag guy. He's being held by Wey-Yu for most of the game until you save him, he then joins the squad as an NPC and fights alongside you for the rest of the game.
The explaination on how he's alive : He says Wey-Yu hijacked the Sulaco when it was around Fury and replaced him by somebody else - so the body from Aliens3 isn't actually Hicks, according to the game.
Whoop Dee f**king Doo, nicely played Gearbox...
[close]

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PMEngineers?...Alien 3/Prometheus connections?
Only Prometheus connection is this.

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PMGuys...somebody? The end of the game/story? How did the egg end up there finally?
(since this is the true sequel of Aliens  :laugh: )

Spoiler
Nothing on how the egg got into the Sulaco.
End of the game is basically confronting Mister Weyland, realizing he's not the real thing and just another cyborg, shooting him in the face, then Bishop offers to plug into what's left of it to learn more about Wey-Yu's plans. Game ends on Bishop saying he got everything.
[close]

Quality plot, no doubt about it.

Thank you.To be honest,i realize all of us who tried to explain the story trailer posted more original explanations than the one Gearbox chose.
Something about the story...:
Spoiler
If WY boarded the ship,maybe they put the eggs?
[close]
btw i forgot to ask one more thing...remember that pic with the facehugger with the ''sword'' tail?  Anything about it?

RedHood

RedHood

Has anyone ever heard of a game called Deadly Premonition? Looks horrible got 1 & 2 ratings from major game review companies. It ended up being a cult classic and now there releasing a directors cut. The point is, it doesn't have to look amazing or get good reviews from everybody. It depends on your mindset and how you go into the game. I think the multiplayer looks sick and I'm going to be tearing it up. I like how they force you to use teamwork to win unlike other multiplayers. So if you RAGE quit, that means your not using the fundamentals of battle.

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 05:24:29 PM
Thank you.To be honest,i realize all of us who tried to explain the story trailer posted more original explanations than the one Gearbox chose.
btw i forgot to ask one more thing...remember that pic with the facehugger with the ''sword'' tail?  Anything about it?
Not sure what you're referring to... I have to admit I didn't follow the promotion/hype too much, so I may not have heard about that... and I don't remember seeing any strange looking facehugger during my playthrough. Got a pic ?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 05:25:47 PM
Has anyone ever heard of a game called Deadly Premonition? Looks horrible got 1 & 2 ratings from major game review companies. It ended up being a cult classic and now there releasing a directors cut. The point is, it doesn't have to look amazing or get good reviews from everybody. It depends on your mindset and how you go into the game. I think the multiplayer looks sick and I'm going to be tearing it up. I like how they force you to use teamwork to win unlike other multiplayers. So if you RAGE quit, that means your not using the fundamentals of battle.

On the other hand, shoddy AI/weak sauce aliens, limited multiplayer maps, very linear and fairly short campaign, expensive DLC...

WeaN

WeaN

Disappointing SP aside, I could see this game becoming as popular as AvP2 if the MP delivers. It has interesting mechanics, fun gametypes, lots of customization and cool maps. It only needs a decent netcode. I guess time will tell.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

AVP2 had a crap net code

WinterActual

WinterActual

ACM MP may deliver on the consoles but I doubt it on the PC. Its p2p based on the PC too so it will be pain in the ass to find fellow players.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 08, 2013, 05:27:26 PM
Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 05:24:29 PM
Not sure what you're referring to... I have to admit I didn't follow the promotion/hype too much, so I may not have heard about that... and I don't remember seeing any strange looking facehugger during my playthrough. Got a pic ?

I'm very sorry,i just cant remember who uploaded the pic.It was a hugger flying towards our face but it was like he was gonna use his tail for the kill and the end of the tail was like the tip of a sword.I'm sure someone will remember that pic too.
Probably a pic from a trailer.

Spoiler
[close]

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 05:41:35 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Doesn't fit the timeline of events.
Spoiler
WY jacked the ship after Alien 3 happened.
[close]

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteI'm very sorry,i just cant remember who uploaded the pic.It was a hugger flying towards our face but it was like he was gonna use his tail for the kill and the end of the tail was like the tip of a sword.I'm sure someone will remember that pic too.
Probably a pic from a trailer.
Reading too much into it. That's just them conserving polygons in conjunction with asthetics in spots that you usually won't notice while playing..

Gren_86

Gren_86

I think that a collaboration between ''Ubisoft'' and ''Monolith'' or ''4A Games'' would serve the franchise justice.
So you don't have to look the m up, A4 Games are responsible for Metro 2033. The only downer was the retarded human AI in SP, everything else was simply gorgeous.

RedHood

RedHood

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 08, 2013, 05:28:29 PM
Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 05:25:47 PM

On the other hand, shoddy AI/weak sauce aliens, limited multiplayer maps, very linear and fairly short campaign, expensive DLC...

Aliens are suppose to be weak, thats why they attack in numbers. So put the game on Ultimate Badass mode. This isn't at you but I hate it when people say "weak AI" when there playing on normal. The DLC was ridiculously priced and that's why I'm getting the season pass and I think if people blowup SEGA, and Gearboxes twitter, Facebook and mailbox then they will add more and maybe do some improvements. POWER TO THE PEOPLE! :P

teras

teras

I would love to see Guerilla Games take a shot at the Alien franchise.
Killzone 2 and 3 look amazing and they've stated that they are huge Aliens fans too..

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

It's starting to sound like a bad case of bait and switch. :(

WinterActual

WinterActual

They look amazing FOR A CONSOLE titles and their gameplay is a CoD ripoff. ACM will end up just like now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed