Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,843 times)

szkoki

szkoki

my fear is not based on opinions but facts

Quote from: Soffish on Feb 08, 2013, 01:33:30 PM
Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:24:57 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:20:26 PM
wow smartass...guess what i've read dozens of FAN reviews...and the contras alwasy was more then the pros
Fan reviews.
Biased.

Quotebut why am i talking to u we are just whining little bitches u dont want to chat with us in this forum :)
That is because half of this forum complains worse then the Bungie forums.

Quotewich gives the question what the F are u doing here?
Unfortunatly this website seems to be the one that updates the most about the latest A/P/AvP/A:CM news. Additionally, i've been here for over 5 years.

Agreed with this guy, to be fair he has a point fan reviews are mostly subjective rather than objective, expectations set far to high. While currently looking at the game, yes it isn't going to be a 9 or 10. It's definitely not perfect but It still might be a half decent game. Personally I would wait for a official reviews since they are not subjective at all, they are paid to give a objective opinion on the game and look at both the positives and negatives.

Who knows, they might find more positives that you think. Just chill guys  :)

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:29:04 PM
Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:24:57 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:20:26 PM

u saw it was the case with Prometheus last year aswell , the EXACT same case...we got bad reviews from fans aswell so we dare to believe its not good, glitches are glitches, dumb enemies are dumb enemies , linear stages are linear stages, short gametime is short gametime...u cant argue with these...and mostly these are my problems here with ACM

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 08, 2013, 01:37:30 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 08, 2013, 01:32:42 PM
Quote from: Gren_86 on Feb 08, 2013, 01:29:50 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 08, 2013, 04:31:39 AM
I mean, it's one thing to have high hopes but it almost seems like people here want a GOTY type game. End of the day I just want a game that is solid. I think ACM will be decent enough for me.

If another AVP or Aliens game comes out though I would hope SEGA gets a top-notch developer. I think 343 or Bungie would do wonders with this kind of series.
My thoughts exactly.

I think SEGA might be part of the problem. 343 won't be making it, as they are a halo only company I believe, and Bungie wants to do more original stuff. I say give it to Ubisoft. Ubisoft would be the shit!
No, give it to ID how it was originally planned back in the 90s.

Yeaaahh, I can dig on that, too.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I am wondering why no one's making an Aliens mod for DooM ]I[? id released its source code long time ago so everybody is able to do whatever he wants with the game, even to rebuild it from scratch. I am sure it can work out pretty well with the right team behind it.

teras

teras

Continuing with my PS3 impressions.

Just because the game doesn't stand up to the huge hype doesn't mean it is bad.
It does entertain as long as you don't expect to be wowed.

I'm on chapter 2 now (I play as slowly as I can to enjoy the atmosphere) and yes, there are gunfights with humans that are as generic as they come and will probably bore most of you.

I would like to point out that on the PS3 so far, I haven't experienced framedrops, glitches or notable aliasing.
I play on the "soldier" difficulty and although the game is not hard, there are some difficulty spikes here and there. For example, some Aliens may give you time to finish them but sometimes they will circle around you and attack fast, killing you with 2-3 blows.

I like the bro-talk in this game. It is consistent with how the movie portrayed the marines.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Can you tell me if the pre order bonuses are just an early unlocks? Just check if you can see the movie characters in the MP customization menu. Or if it says something like "Purchase to unlock". Thanks in advance!

WeaN

WeaN

They are nowhere to see in the vanilla character customization.

teras

teras

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 08, 2013, 01:54:10 PM
Can you tell me if the pre order bonuses are just an early unlocks? Just check if you can see the movie characters in the MP customization menu. Or if it says something like "Purchase to unlock". Thanks in advance!

I haven't tried the MP menu yet, because it's probably not functional before the official release but i will give it a go.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Not gonna lie, so far I'm pretty dissapointed. And I was really hoping to at least get a somewhat enjoyable experience. Gearbox's games haven't graphically wow'd me or anything so it's not that aspect so much as the AI and gameplay. God, your allies are pretty goddamned retarded at shooting. Oh...and the dialog is a bit...how should I put it? Theatrical? It's not nearly as bad as I pictured but still.... :B Hoping that we'd one day get an Aliens game that has some amount of natural-esque dialog that we've heard in Alien.
Definitely won't be buying the game anytime soon unless something comes along that blows my mind. Some actual PC gameplay would be nice, preferably in 1080p.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 08, 2013, 01:56:02 PM
They are nowhere to see in the vanilla character customization.
What about the SHARP rifle or the Ripley's rifle?

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Damn, that's not good news at all. Ah well, with the recent gameplay I expected something sort of mediocre but solid-ish. Guess it's worse than that. Ah, well...it doesn't look like the Alien series will ever get a proper game. Such a long, long, long waste of time.
Welp, there's always mods and that other Alien game that's in developement.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Feb 08, 2013, 02:12:48 PM

What is that?

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

QuoteWhat is that?

Too lazy to link. It doesn't have a name anyway, but it's being developed by Creative Assembly.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 08, 2013, 02:18:42 PM
Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Feb 08, 2013, 02:12:48 PM

What is that?

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 08, 2013, 10:28:26 AM
The most PATHETIC thing is we all were mad how SEGA rushed AVP 2010 ahead of A:CM and we felt that AVP 2010 was indeed a rushed product make for an easy cash-in so in turn we expected even more from A:CM, to be finally this serious, very well-conceived game that is finally going to make the series justice...But guess not. We'll have to wait for yet another such instance!!! Which might never happen btw.

Oh and I wouldn't put too much hope in Creative Assembly's next Alien IP coz this is their console dev team having nothing in common with the team from Total War series and other quality PC games...Those console devs from that team made Viking: Battle for Asgard (70/100 metacritic), and Stormrise, that pathetic RTS for consoles (48/100 metacritic, 360 version, PC version got 42/100!) :D

This is yet another Alien IP but probably in works for next-gen consoles, it was meant to be a TPP game and more like Dead Space 1/2...But I wouldn't get my hopes up...

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Feb 08, 2013, 02:21:19 PM
QuoteWhat is that?

Too lazy to link. It doesn't have a name anyway, but it's being developed by Creative Assembly.

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

SALT THE FRIES - Sometimes teams have bad games. I thought Viking was fun for what it was.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 08, 2013, 01:43:43 PM
I am wondering why no one's making an Aliens mod for DooM ]I[? id released its source code long time ago so everybody is able to do whatever he wants with the game, even to rebuild it from scratch. I am sure it can work out pretty well with the right team behind it.

I Beleieve someone has already made one for doom and doom 2 I just need to find the link again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed