Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,821 times)

ikarop

ikarop

As some retailers have shipped the game early, those who have played the game are free to discuss it. You can use this thread to post your reviews in.

Reminder: No discussion of P2P downloading. Providing links to such places is not allowed.

szkoki

szkoki

the feedbacks i read says its a very week game, low ai, boring gameplay, not scary at all, disgrace, worse than avp2010

dunno about the difficulty level was played on

PLEXI

PLEXI

Quotedunno about the difficulty level was played on
This shouldn't matter. A good game, is a good game regardless of the difficulty. Would it be possible to link us to this feedback or quote it so we can read the original?

szkoki

szkoki

they are not in english and they are so detailed as my translation

btw it was played on xbox360 , feedback after around 1 hour gameplay

WinterActual

WinterActual

QuoteAbout 5 missions in and it's very average shooter. Mostly it only has nostalgia going for it...mostly.

At 2nd missions you are introduced to human enemies which unfortunately shows how bland it is. Gun customization is basically cosmetic albeit the ability to change the underbarrel weapon. Who the f**k wants to put a silencer on a pulse rifle...that's just wrong.

All in all,it's worth a play for the nostalgia's sake.

QuoteJust played the first mission and someof the second, unfortunately this game sucks Sad Since I'm also a huge alien fan i really wanted to like it but besides the license there really isn't much to like.

Graphics are barely this gen. So imagine Quake4 from the launch window without the slowdowns but with framerate all over the place (it jumps between 25 and 60, at least thats how it feels). Heavy aliasing, shitty textures, shitty lighting, no mimic in character faces whatsoever. The "cutscenes" are super ugly, i couldn't believe it when i started the game up. Evern the start screen is low res :/.

Gameplay wise this is as generic as you can get. In the first mission alone i had like 10 situations where the npc said, cover me while I'm opening this door. Belive me its really that bad. The scripted events completely pull you out of the game and have never felt this clunky :/. AI is nonexistent just as a storyline, but I'm only like 45-60 Minutes into the game, so i won't bash it for that.

My first contender for biggest letdown 2013 Sad

PLEXI

PLEXI

Unfortunate, but expected. Thanks for the posts guys.

saintbenzie

saintbenzie

Damn, it's what I expected but it's still pretty unfortunate. Will still be getting it day one but I was hoping it was at least going to be somewhat above average.

WinterActual

WinterActual

QuoteYep, this game is bland as f**k. AI is also terrible in this game. Aliens standing still for multiple seconds when they come into the room at times, or your coop AI ignoring enemies at times and vice versa. It feels like a poor mans COD in the alien universe. The f**k yeah brofist attitude is forgiven in this case seeing as the marines were like this in the actual movie.

Gazz

Gazz

Pretty much in line with expectation.

unwittytitle

unwittytitle

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 07, 2013, 06:04:47 PM
QuoteAbout 5 missions in and it's very average shooter. Mostly it only has nostalgia going for it...mostly.

At 2nd missions you are introduced to human enemies which unfortunately shows how bland it is. Gun customization is basically cosmetic albeit the ability to change the underbarrel weapon. Who the f**k wants to put a silencer on a pulse rifle...that's just wrong.

All in all,it's worth a play for the nostalgia's sake.

QuoteJust played the first mission and someof the second, unfortunately this game sucks Sad Since I'm also a huge alien fan i really wanted to like it but besides the license there really isn't much to like.

Graphics are barely this gen. So imagine Quake4 from the launch window without the slowdowns but with framerate all over the place (it jumps between 25 and 60, at least thats how it feels). Heavy aliasing, shitty textures, shitty lighting, no mimic in character faces whatsoever. The "cutscenes" are super ugly, i couldn't believe it when i started the game up. Evern the start screen is low res :/.

Gameplay wise this is as generic as you can get. In the first mission alone i had like 10 situations where the npc said, cover me while I'm opening this door. Belive me its really that bad. The scripted events completely pull you out of the game and have never felt this clunky :/. AI is nonexistent just as a storyline, but I'm only like 45-60 Minutes into the game, so i won't bash it for that.

My first contender for biggest letdown 2013 Sad

if your going to post that, you could have at least posted the more positive review from the very same page as well

QuoteMini review

Only couple of missions in so very early impressions but graphics are okay, lighting is good, some of the textures are poor. Sound is great, the voice acting is no where as bad as the last trailer made out. Gameplay wise it feels like Aliens, the guns are authentic, story so far seems in keeping with the movies. I have it preordered and i haven't felt the need to cancel do far.

In summary, if this didn't have the license it would maybe be a 7 out of 10, because i am a huge Aliens fan i can overlook its flaws and i hope the multiplayer is good.

WinterActual

WinterActual

What? I posted all the reviews so far from the forum where I got em..

unwittytitle

unwittytitle

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 07, 2013, 06:42:18 PM

Interesting, perhaps he posted it in two seperate forums then

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 07, 2013, 06:42:18 PM

You know what that smell is WinterActual? I think we all do... *SNIFF* Yep. Denial.  :) (Not you. About the negative reviews, I mean...)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: unwittytitle on Feb 07, 2013, 06:45:35 PM

Interesting, perhaps he posted it in two seperate forums then
I posted ALL the reviews posted so far from nfohumps. I don't know where you got that review from but I don't have anything against the positive reviews. If I see one I'll post it.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 07, 2013, 06:30:58 PM
QuoteYep, this game is bland as f**k. AI is also terrible in this game. Aliens standing still for multiple seconds when they come into the room at times, or your coop AI ignoring enemies at times and vice versa. It feels like a poor mans COD in the alien universe. The f**k yeah brofist attitude is forgiven in this case seeing as the marines were like this in the actual movie.
Yup, I'm on that boat too. Discouraging, but not surprising.

This in the quote ^ could see it coming a mile away. Even from the earliest gameplay footage, it was clear that the AI comrades joining you will do nothing to advance the terrible NPC counterparts in most games. Awful pathing, no reaction to enemies, the environment, etc...

Most games suffer from this same problem, heavy-hitters like CoD included. I just got through about 8 hours of eye-rolling over Black Ops 2's sometimes-terrible NPCs. The game wants you to be this badass soldier when you can't even count on your teammates to perform basic combat maneuvers like covering you while you move or looking a different direction than everyone else. It's par for the course with shooters these days, but just damn discouraging.

Sad that with all of the work that's gone into this, the game still seems to suffer from these most fixable (and non-Alien related) issues. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed