Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,856 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Gigers Alien on Apr 05, 2014, 02:21:12 AM
In a nutshell, if you want an Aliens version of Left 4 Dead, well here it is.
Nonononononononononono

WinterActual

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: Adey on Jul 13, 2013, 06:01:31 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 24, 2013, 03:06:29 AM
You know what I think of Aliens: Colonial Marines?

I think with Aliens: Colonial Marines it didn't require any discipline. They merely read what others (the previous movies) had done then they took the next step. They didn't earn the knowledge for themselves, so they don't take any responsibility for it. They stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as they could, and before they even knew what they had, they patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now *bangs on table* you're selling it, you wanna sell it. Well...
WE HAVE A HOLLYWOOD ACTOR WITH US WOOOOOO, HI MR GOLDBLOOM  ;D

Gearbox was so preoccupied with whether or not they should make this cannon they didn't stop to think if they should...

Ibanez_95

Ibanez_95

the game creators had a good idea wtf happened I expected this game to be some what tactical to were as you control the marines actions such as welding doors shut and setting defense perimeter like a survival shooter not hey lets run through every campaign level NO GEARBOX GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER CAUSE I AM NOT BUYING ANOTHER SINGLE GAME MADE BY YOUR COMPANY

Bolo Yeung

Bolo Yeung

Marathoned this game a week ago. What a buggy mess of a game. If it weren't for the Aliens license I would not of enjoyed it at all. Also, this story being canon is laughable, unless somehow magic and sorcery are official Alien lore now. This is the only way Hicks could possibly be alive or Hadley's Hope not being literal dust in the wind.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm not gonna review the singleplayer aspect of the game - because it's shit - but I did recently fire up the multiplayer for the first time and to be honest... it's actually fairly decent. Still looks rubbish, but it is quite good fun, and exponentially better than the 'story' mode. Laying into Marines as a pack of Aliens is a hoot. It's just a shame (if understandable) that it's so dead. Getting into a standard deathmatch is no problem, but trying to play any of the other more interesting modes is a waste of time.

WeylandWhitacre

WeylandWhitacre

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:10:53 PM
All I see is inconsistent bitching from everyone on this forum day in, day out.

You are all whining about something you have yet to play.

Fan-based reviews are biased, everyone that is a fan usually sets their expectations way too goddamn high, and most company-based reviews require a bribe or a bandwagon to give a positive review.

Instead of being mindless sheep with no opinion for yourselves, worthlessly only taking the opinion of people that got an early copy or got paid a salary to write a few paragraph's about something, why don't you actually play the game before judging it? The entire point of video game reviews is pointless unless you share the exact same needs, preferences, and personality as the person writing the review.

Idiots.

And for those of you that have an early copy, I honestly don't give a flying f**k about Graphics, AI, or the like. I'm getting this game mostly for the multiplayer and because i'm a die-hard fan, so I would like to know what happens in the story. That's all.

You're right on the money, man. So many fans forget that they are naturally biased. I always take everything with a grain of salt and try to see both sides of anything, especially games or franchises that I'm a fan of. We need more people like you on this site : )

SM

SM

Yeah we need lots more people who lambast others as being idiots because they had a negative opinion about crappy game.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Lol, "I don't agree with your negative opinion so you're just idiots!".

WeylandWhitacre

WeylandWhitacre

If you hate the game, why are you lurking around on the ACM forum...?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: WeylandWhitacre on Nov 01, 2014, 05:23:03 PMIf you hate the game, why are you lurking around on the ACM forum...?

The game was a colossal disappointment. We have every right to criticise that.

SM

SM

I've finally downgraded the settings enough to play it on my machine.

Two positives - the music - highly derivative and completely appropriate - and it's always fun to shoot Aliens (which goes for any Alien game).

Every other aspect is really laughable.  The story, the dialogue, the lack of attention to detail both visually and in terms of internal continuity (eg. sentry gun with 10 rounds left and Winter says 'every last bullet is gone'; but then another with infinite ammo magically appears a few minutes later. Or Bella constantly making references to saving one bullet for mercy killings - then that dickhead O'Neal saving it for the burster.  Or Reid being rescued and saying "I... I almost died"  :laugh: but all like "We're not going after O'Neal", but then all like "I wanna go with them and help Bella".)

I'm not usually one to complain about stories in video games, because often they're just excuses for the shooting to start - but if you're going to do it, at least make some sort of effort.  Not sure there's been a worse story in Alien related media.  That includes Deadliest Of The Species. 

And why do I want a suppressor on my pulse rifle to make it not sound like a pulse rifle?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Nov 03, 2014, 02:01:39 AMOr Bella constantly making references to saving one bullet for mercy killings - then that dickhead O'Neal saving it for the burster.

:lol: That was the point where I finally gave up on the game having anything decent in it. And you know what? It just went downhill from there.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I caved in with this game today folks and finally let it go.

Believe me when I say I really wanted to like this game and tried my best to look past it's flaws but I just couldn't do it. Probably the most ugliest looking game I've ever seen in my life. The lighting is terrible, story is terrible and the acting is comedic at best, sounds familiar? AVP-R :o

This game doesn't even have dedicated servers and the match making doesn't work. Even if it did have it, it's still not enough to save it. It's hilarious that the game isn't even optimized, Alien Isolation and AVP3 maxed out on dx11 play 60fps while Aliens Colonial Marines drops in frames in heavy action?

It definitely had it's moments, they nailed the sound effects and music. Playing Hadley's Hope and The Raven in coop is fun. In the end though, the game was a giant lie. Either way, who cares really? Alien Isolation is the best Alien game to ever come out. I'm sure another Aliens game is coming in the near future.

Let this game go.

4/10

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 22, 2014, 10:55:16 AM
I'm not gonna review the singleplayer aspect of the game - because it's shit - but I did recently fire up the multiplayer for the first time and to be honest... it's actually fairly decent. Still looks rubbish, but it is quite good fun, and exponentially better than the 'story' mode. Laying into Marines as a pack of Aliens is a hoot. It's just a shame (if understandable) that it's so dead. Getting into a standard deathmatch is no problem, but trying to play any of the other more interesting modes is a waste of time.

When do you go on? I've searched a fair few times but I can never find enough people for the death match - (or anything, even bug hunt)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed