Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jan 18, 2017, 02:24:53 PM

Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters?

Yes
No
Author
Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters? (Read 14,627 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Chronicle on Jan 26, 2017, 01:03:52 PMWould you of looked at Alien 3 differently at the time had they released the Assembly Cut in cinemas instead?

I don't think I would of.  I could of if they'd given us William Gibson's version, which they should of despite the geopolitical changes happening at the time.

Quote from: Kimo on Jan 26, 2017, 02:58:21 PMProbably would of enjoyed it a tiny bit more. But the 13year old kimo would of still been gutted and disappointed with the outcome.

Wouldn't you of liked to of seen William Gibson's version instead?

SM

A smorgasbord of of/ have. :laugh:

StrangeShape

Whatever you think of the movie, it undeniably has great moody feel , atmosphere and the soundtrack is unbelievable. I recently found a full orchestra performing some tracks on youtube

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 26, 2017, 08:21:46 PMI don't think I would of.  I could of if they'd given us William Gibson's version, which they should of despite the geopolitical changes happening at the time.

You guys are doing this to be funny, right? Please tell me you're doing this to be funny.  :-[

On topic, though - I saw the film twice in theatres opening day, and whether you like the film or not, that thin-sounding centre channel 20th Century Fox theme (minus the last note) crescendoing into the full surround, balls-to-the-wall-loud Alien3 score is something every moviegoer should experience.  :)

FiorinaFury161

^The 20C beginning blending with Goldenthal's score would be worth the praise of admission.
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 26, 2017, 10:22:05 PMI recently found a full orchestra performing some tracks on youtube
We need a hyperlink please.

SM

Sometimes live performances of film music are better than the recorded versions.  Sometimes they're a bit lacking.  I found this a bit of a mix of both.  And also breaking all sorts of copyrights no doubt.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2017, 12:15:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX6W-DZDkqg

Sometimes live performances of film music are better than the recorded versions.  Sometimes they're a bit lacking.  I found this a bit of a mix of both.  And also breaking all sorts of copyrights no doubt.

Yep, thats it. They did a lot of different movie music, I think its really good for the most part

FiorinaFury161

Local Trouble

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 26, 2017, 11:44:01 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 26, 2017, 08:21:46 PMI don't think I would of.  I could of if they'd given us William Gibson's version, which they should of despite the geopolitical changes happening at the time.

You guys are doing this to be funny, right? Please tell me you're doing this to be funny.  :-[

No, I really do think the William Gibson script would of made a better movie.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 27, 2017, 04:11:59 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 26, 2017, 11:44:01 PM

No, I really do think the William Gibson script would of made a better movie.

I think his second draft would have been a better movie. I would have hated the first draft.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2017, 08:45:15 AM
I think his second draft would have been a better movie. I would have hated the first draft.

I would have chucked out the half-breed/change aspect entirely. Just had them use alien material scraped off Bishops entrails to incubate eggs (very rapidly to their surprise) and have them get out.

The second draft is much improved, and I think does a far better credit to all the characters.

Corporal Hicks

I'm somewhat warming up to the New Breed idea. I think it's a good idea to show more variations on the Alien, especially if they are going down the road of them being designed creatures.

Completely agree in regards to the characters in the second draft. They're done far better. Much more focus and attention.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2017, 11:14:23 AM
I'm somewhat warming up to the New Breed idea. I think it's a good idea to show more variations on the Alien, especially if they are going down the road of them being designed creatures.

Completely agree in regards to the characters in the second draft. They're done far better. Much more focus and attention.

Also in the second draft he doesnt introduce characters only to kill them off  half a page later lol

Kimo

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 26, 2017, 08:21:46 PM
Quote from: Chronicle on Jan 26, 2017, 01:03:52 PMWould you of looked at Alien 3 differently at the time had they released the Assembly Cut in cinemas instead?

I don't think I would of.  I could of if they'd given us William Gibson's version, which they should of despite the geopolitical changes happening at the time.

Quote from: Kimo on Jan 26, 2017, 02:58:21 PMProbably would of enjoyed it a tiny bit more. But the 13year old kimo would of still been gutted and disappointed with the outcome.

Wouldn't you of liked to of seen William Gibson's version instead?

I ain't read the whole script, but ive read enough bits online from different sources to get the idea and feel of were Gibson wanted to go with his A3. Personally I think it would of been better then what we got, especially if I was 13 years old watching it for the first time. It's a shame, because Fox pissing about and interfering and doing rewrites of A3 probably cost them more in the long run. That extra cash could of been used on a script just like Gibsons.  Ward's idea I thought was way to out there for my taste. It was definitely an interesting and original concept, (some of which did make it into the final version of A3) but I'm glad the never went with Ward's idea. However I think Ward's involvement in the making of A3 documentary was a blast to listen to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed