Godzilla
96 (74.4%)
King Kong
25 (19.4%)
I don't know?
8 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,497,764 times)

Stitch

Stitch

It was significantly better than I thought it would be. There was a lot of Shin Godzilla influence, which was cool, but there wasn't a lot of Godzilla in general. The science almost made sense, and I liked the plot, though it did feel overstuffed at times.

Music was bloody catchy, though!

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I definitely liked it way more than the last Godzilla anime. While it's easy enough to follow along with it does kind of approach Kingdom Hearts critical mass of not making sense. It's better but I feel like towards the end I needed to start taking notes.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 25, 2021, 08:49:16 PM
Just finished Singular Point. It may sound knee-jerky to be saying this so soon. I literally just finished it, and Godzilla has a 65+ year cinematic history. But I'm gonna say it anyways. This is one of the very best Godzilla installments to date. I am so beyond impressed right now.

Despite absolutely despising a lot of the (human) character designs.... You're completely right. All the little references, making the humans not just interesting but the main plot and completely pulling that off, the cosmic horror angle. This thing is f**king gold.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I absolutely LOVED the snake headed version of Godzilla.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Thought I would share this -
QuoteBarnes & Noble's 50% off Criterion sale is back on for the month of July, so they're once again offering the 8-disc Showa Godzilla collection for $112.49.

Amazon is matching that price, and the set is now back up to #39 on Amazon's list of bestselling film/TV titles.  Godzilla vs. Kong is also currently ranking at the #9 (BRD+DVD), #16 (DVD) and #17 (4K+BRD) spots on that bestsellers list.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I'd love to see that!  If they had to have the human element in the film, however small it would be, Dr. Serizawa's character would've been perfect for a role like this.

Huggs

Huggs

The zilla vs kong war, or at least a hollow earth film with the skull islanders being the only human characters.

They don't even speak, so there'll be no corny dialogue.

nanison

nanison

If he is the writer of the previous films I hope he takes a stab at it. Would be original and if it were to be successful it might renew interest in an AvP film without humans :-P

Huggs

Huggs

It would probably have an effect on transformers first. But the industry could use a good jolt away from all the annoying teenagers making stupid jokes and the adults screaming about climate change.

nanison

nanison

I saw king kong vs godzilla today 2021

I was pleasantly surprised, I had low expectations due to not liking skull island and king of the monsters. The plot is silly and the action is over the top just like the Japanese Kaiju films but it was fun. I was constantly going from this is silly to this was cool but eventually the this is cool part started to take over.
I didn't like the scenes in hollow earth bar the monster fight there. My gripe is that it was badly shot, kong never looked bigger than a tiny gorilla there, you put a massive monster in an area where it looks small and you take away the giant monster. I'm also not quite sure what they were doing there and why Kong knew what he had to do but yeah I tend to get distracted so I probably missed the reasoning.
Final battles were really cool but I can't help but dreaming of a more serious dramatic r rated film where humanity really is at stake with panic and chaos and destruction and a sense of dread and scale when the creatures are on screen. I missed that here. The original godzilla is still the closest to that vision, I wonder why it was never quite remade like that. Gareth Edwards tried and was successful imo but I always hoped the sequels stayed in that atmosphere and they didn't unfortunately.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I liked Kong Island and I liked Godzilla vs Kong because American Kong is better than American Godzilla. 

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

The Holy Trinity - Shin Godzilla, Ultraman and Kamen Rider -

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed