Prometheus "Paradise" Scene Preview

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2012, 09:57:48 PM

Author
Prometheus "Paradise" Scene Preview (Read 19,358 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Blu-ray.com forum user CRS who previous posted several preview images from the Prometheus Bluray menu, has now kindly provided us with an exclusive description of the alternate scene for Prometheus called “Paradise”. This scene will be featured in the upcoming Blu-ray release of the film and lasts for 5:20 minutes. Read below to find CRS comments on the scene:

This extended scene reveals new information about the engineer homeworld as well as some alternate dialogue between Shaw and David. Note that one of Ridley Scott’s original titles for the film was Paradise and it was even maintained as a cover title for secrecy during production.

It’s basically Shaw and David talking while she gets back on her feet and heads to the Juggernaut and David (his head on the ground). The dialogue alternates/extends somewhat from the film. The scene ends with Shaw putting David’s head in a bag and leaving the Juggernaut

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

As a scientist from Black Mesa would say: "As I expected"

Ash 937

Ash 937

There was never any need for Shaw to put David's head in a duffle bag.  The thing cannot feel as it is merely a machine.  She could've just as easily grabbed him by the hair and carried him around like that. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 27, 2012, 10:54:03 PM
There was never any need for Shaw to put David's head in a duffle bag.  The thing cannot feel as it is merely a machine.  She could've just as easily grabbed him by the hair and carried him around like that.

There's no need to put books in a backpack. You can merely carry them by hand.

Gash

Gash

Looks pretty pained when he get's his head yanked off.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Gash on Sep 27, 2012, 11:18:57 PM

I believe that would be applicable as being "surprise". No way in hell he feels any form of pain... and I mean why would they program that?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 27, 2012, 11:23:06 PM

I believe that would be applicable as being "surprise". No way in hell he feels any form of pain... and I mean why would they program that?

More human than human, that's their motto ;)

Gash

Gash

Pain is a useful device for not hurting oneself pointlessly. I can relate David to Roy Batty, who ultimately needed pain to keep him going to the last moment of his life.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Not buying it.  There is simply no need and, realistically, no way to replicate the feeling of pain in a non-living organism.  The mere fact that David even resembles a human at all is to make other humans feel more comfortable around him.  This is a fact that even he admitted.  Of course, when something looks human and can appear to feel based on facial expressions, there is no doubt that it can create confusion.  Shaw could've just a easily kicked his head around like a soccer ball and it would've made no difference.

Gash

Gash

True I guess, but despite everything he's done I think she has a regard for him. If Holloway had survived to the end, yeah I can see him kicking David's head about.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Don't see why Shaw would act like such a bitch to David's head.

szkoki

szkoki

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

I would have thought it was more for her comfort than for his. Kind've awkward having a fully articulated head dangling around your crotch area.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 27, 2012, 11:23:06 PM

Bishop clearly gave off an anguished groan as the queen's tail eviscerated him in "Aliens". I'd assume that when trying to create artificial intelligent, life that the idea is to duplicate any an all aspects of human experience as possible. The idea being, the more indistinguishable, the more you've succeeded. (Blade Runner's replicants clearly operate under this assumption)

SM

SM

QuoteThere is simply no need and, realistically, no way to replicate the feeling of pain in a non-living organism.

True - didn't stop Bishop writhing in synthetic pain when the Queen Bishkebabbed him, though.

QuoteThe mere fact that David even resembles a human at all is to make other humans feel more comfortable around him. 

A completely adequate reason to shove a head in a bag rather than carry it by the hair.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed