Survios Bringing New Aliens Game To PC, Consoles & VR!

Started by Darkness, Jul 14, 2022, 03:24:05 PM

Author
Survios Bringing New Aliens Game To PC, Consoles & VR! (Read 18,720 times)

Stitch

VR makes it day 1 for me!

Corporal Hicks

Wweyland

I hope this can be played without VR as well.

Still Collating...

Form the explanation on their site it seems they'll make it playable without VR as well.

dlee

I really enjoyed their Westworld Awakening VR game but yeah their Walking Dead Onslaught is pretty awful. Or at least it has a very basic low budget vibe. It's functional and seems to be playable, but compared to Walking Dead Saints & Sinners it is not impressive.

I think the quality of an Alien game from them probably comes down to the budget they have managed to secure for it.

Predatorium

The game is coming to console, PC AND VR, do you guys think the non-VR version will be completetely different or perhaps just an on-rails shooter?

Engineer

Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 23, 2022, 11:09:01 AMThe game is coming to console, PC AND VR, do you guys think the non-VR version will be completetely different or perhaps just an on-rails shooter?
From what I understand, this is a fps survival horror/action shooter. I don't think there will be any "on-rails" gameplay for this one...

newbeing

Sounds like there are layoffs a Survios. Not sure what it means for the game, but I can't imagine it's good. Hopefully those affected can get rehired soon.

RidgeTop

Quote from: newbeing on Feb 14, 2023, 05:02:40 PMSounds like there are layoffs a Survios. Not sure what it means for the game, but I can't imagine it's good. Hopefully those affected can get rehired soon.

Not seeing anything myself, where did ya hear that?

BlueMarsalis79

Sad to hear that.

Corporal Hicks

Hopefully everyone affected bounces back soon. Hopefully the game isn't cancelled either.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 14, 2022, 03:36:23 PMYeah, when they say PC and consoles, I wonder if they mean Oculus Rift and Playstation VR. Looking at their history, the only non-VR game they did release is 2021's Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions.
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 14, 2022, 08:40:52 PMI simply have no interest in VR.

*shrugs*

The problem with it is the technology isn't there yet, even though they've solved a lot of the issues that plagued VR in the 90s and 2000s.

The thing is still that: unless you have an incredibly lifelike (currently impossible)immersion rig, you're left with a few great games optimized for VR and a short novel experience that grows old.

When you're not able to physically sense your environment or walk, your brain just goes "Oh, this is just a cool video game after all. Why am I even wearing this expensive headbucket when I can just play it on screen?", then you forget all about it.

EDIT: That's my current opinion on VR. It can be fun some times if you're with other people doing stuff you couldn't really do over a chat room or video chat, other than that, it's an expensive novelty device that needs improvement before wide acceptance.

aliens13

With the Comic-Com being this month maybe they will show a trailer or a gameplay (hopefully). I'm really hoping that we have some news, and maybe will be available for Playstation 4 to 😅

Thatguy2068

Why I just heard about this I don't know how I missed this but I'll give it a shot if it's available on my vr set

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed