Aliens: Fireteam Elite Gets New Title, Box Art and Release Date!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 23, 2021, 06:01:40 AM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Gets New Title, Box Art and Release Date! (Read 19,012 times)

Corporal Hicks

Thanks, gonna pop that on the front page shortly. Will split off that discussion to the new thread generated.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 23, 2021, 09:28:45 PM
Also, we need more screencaps. The pacing was too hyperactive for me to get a good look at anything or even bother trying to pause on a dime.

Yeah, 'twas a tad too brisk for my tastes as well.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 24, 2021, 05:43:04 AM
Yeah, gonna get a video up later after work. I've woke up feeling mildly alive today, so assuming work doesn't drive me over the edge, we'll record later today.  :)

Only mildly alive?  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Better than most days this year.  :laugh:

newbeing

So do you have to buy the deluxe edition to get the classic looking marine armor or can it be purchased separately? I hope it can be individually purchased because locking things behind deluxe editions is kind of BS.

The Necronoir

Quote from: newbeing on Jun 24, 2021, 02:21:56 PM
So do you have to buy the deluxe edition to get the classic looking marine armor or can it be purchased separately? I hope it can be individually purchased because locking things behind deluxe editions is kind of BS.

Does that really amount to a difference though? Whether you buy it separately as DLC or packaged in as a Deluxe Edition (etc) it's still "locked behind" an amount of extra money. It's not like a pre-order incentive, where you sometimes can't access it at all after the initial release (looking at you AVP 2010 and Predator: HG!).

Corporal Hicks

The Necronoir

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 24, 2021, 07:38:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBnR29-iNHY

Nice work! Just wanted to point out a slight goof in the title (text, not the embedded image version):

New Aliens: Fireteam Elite Trailer Reaction! [Reaction>Release] Date Announced!

Predatorium

Another game that misses the mark entirely. You know why Alien Trilogy is a fan favorite amongst the shooter take on an alien game? It's because one alien was a threat, ammo was scarce and it was up close and personal thanks to a first person perspective. Simple as that. Fighting a few intelligent 7 foot tall aliens that are hard to kill with a quickly depleting ammo counter is much scarier than mowing down hundreds of unintelligent bugs from a zoomed out third person perspective. And on top of that, if one gets too close, you can apparently just punch it...like in colonial marines..

BlueMarsalis79

I do still really want one in the style of Dead Space.

Hemi

Somebody wake up Hicks. Thread is still called Aliens: Fireteam.  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Predatorium on Jun 26, 2021, 08:53:49 PM
Another game that misses the mark entirely. You know why Alien Trilogy is a fan favorite amongst the shooter take on an alien game? It's because one alien was a threat, ammo was scarce and it was up close and personal thanks to a first person perspective. Simple as that. Fighting a few intelligent 7 foot tall aliens that are hard to kill with a quickly depleting ammo counter is much scarier than mowing down hundreds of unintelligent bugs from a zoomed out third person perspective. And on top of that, if one gets too close, you can apparently just punch it...like in colonial marines..

And we got the purest form of that in Alien: Isolation. There's no reason the franchise can't spawn many different kinds of offshoots. If this one doesn't appeal to you, just skip it. No big deal.

Predatorium

Quote from: The Necronoir on Jun 27, 2021, 01:36:50 PM
And we got the purest form of that in Alien: Isolation. There's now reason the franchise can't spawn many different kinds of offshoots. If this one doesn't appeal to you, just skip it. No big deal.

If they can't stay true to the source material then why call it an Aliens game? Money, that's why. A World war z clone. Yeah I'll skip it. I'm just so disappointed that we're getting another dud. It could've been a perfect mix between action and horror with lessons learned from Isolation and the movie from which it is stealing its title from.  It just sucks that you have to wait for the better part of a decade to find out if the next one is gonna do it right or not. The stigma of being an alien fan.

Crazy Rich

BlueMarsalis79

I will say I do not get the railing against the third person perspective, it's just as valid as the first person, to bring it up once again Dead Space proves that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed